Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2015/2016

Poster: A snowHead
It's raining. A lot. Frantic winterisation today. Rando skis ready to go...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So will it turn to snow tonight.. That is the question..!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking at the webcam it looks like the snow is starting to hit the village, albeit on the slushy side
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Maybe 5cm of very wet snow by lunchtime but then 10-15cm of lovely stuff this afternoon and it's still snowing. Will head up to midstation in the morning. There's another 15cm forecast overnight. We'll see.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lots. Lots of snow over in Morzine/ Montriond. Still going! snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I think the 15cm safely arrived last night and it's snowing heavily now. Deep joy.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was just looking at the Chavannes webcam @MeMyselfandI, looks pretty blooming lovely up there! Last week we walked all the way up the Ranfolly- pleased that's no longer possible snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Going to try it tomorrow on the rando skis Wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You're too good @MeMyselfandI, I just made it up the hill to the Marmotte and promptly rewarded myself with a sausage sandwich... Not quite the usual Sunday hike effort!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
MeMyselfandI wrote:
Going to try it tomorrow on the rando skis Wink

hope they're old ones!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Let us know how you got on! We arrive on the 2nd Jan - getting quite excited now snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looking at all the webcams on the Portes du Soleil app today it seems there's been a decent dump over the whole area. Very welcome after the slow start.
Hopefully it'll keep on coming down for the next 8 weeks before we arrive in Morzine! snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It isn't a slow start @no_snow_in_swindon, it's still bloody November. Only people in the UK panic
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
It isn't a slow start @no_snow_in_swindon, it's still bloody November. Only people in the UK panic

Mr. Green
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
what @Nadenoodlee said.

the current snow is unlikely to have any effect on anything below 2,000m.
latest report
Nadenoodlee wrote:

It feels slow when we booked our chalet last March and have been looking at forecasts since September! For our 1 week a year in the Alps I always panic! Laughing
snow conditions
@zzz, ancient, almost everyone I know went up today, I had to content myself with the sledge.

The snow cannons were working on Mt Chery. Rumor heard today was that if there is enough snowfall for early season weekend openings it may that side opened first.
snow report
Snowing again down in Montriond snowHead
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Snowing again down in Montriond snowHead

No need to get excited just yet @Nadenoodlee .. It's only "bloody November!" Laughing
snow report
It's for you tourists @no_snow_in_swindon, I'd rather it didn't as I haven't put my winter tyres on yet....
ski holidays
First post on here, I live in the area, and went up chavannes today for a slide.....didn't go very well, must have fallen over 10 times. Am blaming the fluffy air-like powder rather than lack of talent. Guess we need a lot more snow to build up some compression / grip. Jelly legs and it's still november.
ski holidays
Lovely to arrive in Les Gets this evening and see a plough shifting snow in the village and then get to our chalet and find that the wonderful Cedric has been in and cleared the driveway for us. And after that to see our puppy Coco experiencing snow for the first time, she got very excited.
snow report
Rather jealous of you guys who are there already, I have to wait until 18th Dec. Only 26 days though......
ski holidays
Sounds fab!!!

@Pamski, you have a new puppy? It was so lovely to see our kittens experience the snow last season Smile

We drive out next weekend to get our keys and dump a load of stuff. Then back to UK and back out the 12th or so. Will be a season of to-ing and fro-ing, not as good as last season, but much better than most others Smile
latest report
Quote:

our puppy Coco experiencing snow for the first time, she got very excited.

snowHead
snow conditions
@pam w, yes very sweet

@sarah, she is five months old... So no trips abroad this summer but she did well on the long drive although full of beans now and it is bitterly cold outside, minus 7.8. She is going to curtail long ski days this winter...
snow report
Do shout if you ever need a puppy walker if you're out for the day @Pamski, snowHead
ski holidays
@Pamski, How lovely!!!! She will love it, the alpine lifestyle is perfect for dogs and cats, they love it! Glad she travelled well, our cats do brilliantly, I was quite amazed.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
😊😊@Nadenoodlee,
snow conditions
Looks to be more snow heading to morzine Tuesday evening. Heading out that way on the 21st December so it's nice to see, although I'm guessing this doesn't really have any reflection on then whatsoever. Considering at one point last November there was a decent covering and not a great deal at all come Christmas. It's such a big gamble with such a low resort so I will continue to pray to the snow gods.

Thanks for all the info folks
ski holidays
It's forecast to stay cold for at least the next 10 days, was surprised to see they snow cannons pumping yesterday.....another 30-40cm expected wed-thurs
latest report
@langball, I think all resorts are tying to build that vital snow base whilst its cold and weather is a fickle mistress!
snow report
Stunningly beautiful morning in Les Gets today, sun shining up on Mt Chery and minus 10.5 at 9 am where we are.
snow conditions
Pamski wrote:
Stunningly beautiful morning in Les Gets today, sun shining up on Mt Chery and minus 10.5 at 9 am where we are.

Wow that's chilly Pam! Must be beautiful there this morning. I was awake early and the webcams looked amazing with a most amazing orange sunrise
ski holidays
Hi All. I'm heading to Morzine this winter - my 6th season in a row.

Sounds like the snow pack is building nicely in the PdS, important for avalanche stability, not just the commercial interest, which I also share Happy.

Hope you PdS fans have checked out the Skiing With Demons forum - the books set in Morzine

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=121475

Twisted Evil
latest report
The more substantial rumour today is that there will be a decision made on Wednesday in Les Gets for opening this weekend. The tourist office said it would be Chavannes if so.
snow report
I understand that there is to be a public meeting in Les Gets this Saturday at 9 am, in the large building by the roundabout on the way out of town, Morzine direction, concerning the possible building of the link over the village to Mt Chery. Apparently a lot of local opposition to it. And very local opposition to the building of a new car park for 250 cars up near the school. We are only here till Friday so can't go.
ski holidays
Hi,

I'm hoping to head down to PdS over Christmas but was wondering how much of the pistes can be expected to be open. I'm sorry if this sounds like another "what will the snow be like in 4 wks time" question - it isn't...hopefully.

I have heard that last year's Christmas was a particularly bad year. Is Christmas a time when piste closures are inevitable, or in the "average" season, can you expect to ski around a substantial bit - 80% or more ish? If someone could give me a figure of "abt % on average is open for Christmas week", that would be great! It's just after all these headlines of "snow drought", "lift closures", I can't really seem to find the norm expectations. Either way, it would still be a gamble - but better to know the odds first!

Thanks.
snow report
@Snowisawesome, there really aren't any "odds" - typically there's good skiing at Xmas, but it's entirely unpredictable.

Ye pays yer money, etc.

A bit like (numbers completely invented) 20 days out of June in London are sunny. (assume factual). So will the second Tuesday in the month in 2019 be sunny? , well, probabalistically it's a 2 out of 3 chance. In real life? who knows?
snow report
Snowisawesome wrote:
Hi,

I'm sorry if this sounds like another "what will the snow be like in 4 wks time" question - it isn't...hopefully.

It really is!!

There are loads of examples of epic early season conditions in PDS, and an equal number that were pretty barren, like last year.

If you want a number then go for 50/50 wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy