Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with Demons, empathetically, vicariously, anyway.

Poster: A snowHead
http://skiingwithdemons.com
You've thought about it, well some of it, buy it, read it.
Funny thing with skiing lit, it is not as well purposed as the moving image just as climbing is the opposite.
But both are generally enriched by the context of the personal journey to the mountain.
Any other reads you might recommend?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't recommend this book enough, absolutely brilliant. I bought it on a whim after seeing it advertised on Facebook and love it. I've managed to get a few other skiing friend to buy a copy and they've all really enjoyed it too. Refreshing honesty whilst maintaining a comedic edge. You sure to recognise some of the skiing types discussed throughout the book.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks guys. Sales are going well. I have upset a few feminist, but thats the problem with trying to be funny. The irony is most of the Amazon reviews ( all 5 star) are from great female skiers & boarders. ( upset a few boarders too - but its all tongue in cheek.

Maybe come skiing with me in Morzine - still a few rooms this coming season? - I promise I won't write about you! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
anyone who has either been on a skiing holiday, is thinking of running a ski chalet, wants to be a ski instructor or is planning a midlife crisis

Sounds like the SH demographic...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Welcome to snowHeads @skiingwithdemons snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just purchased a copy - expecting great things - the webcams are not delivering yet so need something to help engage the pre-season excitement!!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Chris - no pressure then.

I never know whether to trust snowcams - there's a lot of invested interest in reporting early snow.

Thanks for buying the book via my website, rather than giving 65% to Amazon.
Although, to be fare, they do print and deliver it around the world.

Your's, however, has been printed in the UK and will be "signed by the author" in the hope that makes it more valuable - rather than defaced!

Cheers

Chris
Twisted Evil
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have just bought a copy off eBay. I trust that you are the seller Happy

Copy received this morning Chris. Thanks for the prompt service.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 16-11-15 11:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Joy Zipper, if you live in Midlothian - then I have indeed got your eBay order - in the post this pm.

Although there are other "dealers" selling it too on eBay at more than the cover price!

Thanks for investing - It should make you laugh ( at me , if not with me).

Cheers

Chris
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's me Chris. Thank you. I will critique it in due course !
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@skiingwithdemons, I've just bought your book (from your website) as a pressie for my husband. Is there any chance you could sign it too please Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ordered it on my kindle
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No problem @RachelQ, - what is his name ?

Bit worried it might inspire him to have a midlife crisis - though.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skiingwithdemons wrote:
Thanks Chris - no pressure then.

I never know whether to trust snowcams - there's a lot of invested interest in reporting early snow.

Thanks for buying the book via my website, rather than giving 65% to Amazon.
Although, to be fare, they do print and deliver it around the world.

Your's, however, has been printed in the UK and will be "signed by the author" in the hope that makes it more valuable - rather than defaced!

Cheers

Chris
Twisted Evil

Yep maybe work on that script of yours sweetie
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Super Steezy ?
Quote:

Yep maybe work on that script of yours sweetie
ski holidays
Just ordered from your website. I always wanted to be a ski bum.
snow report
@Little Martin, @BertieG - thanks guys - hope you enjoy.

I wont spoil it for you - but there is always a price to pay for being a ski-bum.

Twisted Evil
snow conditions
skiingwithdemons wrote:
there is always a price to pay for being a ski-bum.

Twisted Evil
What? No!!!... really? Confused
ski holidays
Think I'm starting to get the vibe of this forum now - less inane comments from me in future.
snow report
No, I wasn't being sarcastic... if that's what you thought.
You've got me worried @skiingwithdemons, since "ski-bum-role-model" is one of my primary career goals.
ski holidays
no worries @admin, I've stood on a few toes with the book (I'm calling them SOH fails) so little sensitive. Put your head over the parapet and all that. However as one reviewer put it:

"Thankfully, the witty, sometimes acidly funny observations are directed as much at the author as his guests"

I'm also worried no one going to book the chalet this season - in case I rip the wee wee out of them in my next rant.
However, thanks to SnowHeads orders have been rolling in all day - so I think I've found my new online home.

PS - If you're G.McMahon the Chamoinix guide - we've skied together - you're in the book!

Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Funnily enough, that's someone I'm not.
latest report
I'll pick up a copy, but does anyone else have any other recs?
latest report
Oh, I've now realised I spend my holidays 'girlfriend skiing'. Oh well.

Really enjoyed the sample chapters I've read, now I will have to buy it, I'm hooked!!
latest report
loved the sample chapters and now ordered a copy, it looks like this year I will be "boyfriend skiing" although we're married so could be a bit interesting.
snow report
@Mt, I really enjoyed reading "Powder" The greatest ski runs on the planet - Patrick Thorne.
Mostly because The Wall (my own nemesis) is one of them. But that's more of a coffee table book.

Memoirs of a Geriatic Ski Bum - Stanley Hirschm was a hoot too. But you'd might need to be over 50 to empathise.

Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Yeah I've always thought the Wall in common with many other hyped ski runs was just a bit poo-poo. Too many people drawn by the challenge essentially trashing any respectable natural mogul line with nervous ninny traversing.
snow conditions
I was one of those nervous ninnies - recalled in a recent blog post/book.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just ordered a copy. Hoping for an amusing read to take on holiday in December.
snow report
As someone who enjoyed War and Piste, I'm easily pleased Embarassed

Can this be as good as that rom-ski-com epic? I've ordered a copy to find out
snow conditions
@HoneyBunny, @hethbum - I'm now forced to referring to it as "Significant Other of Lessor Ability Skiing" or "LAS Skiing" for short, due to feedback from the girls who regularly ski me off the mountain (there are many). Thanks for buying the book.
snow report
@red 27, There is a less romance, less Russians, but more snow than the Tolstoy classic - considerably shorter too.
It's more of a snowmance than a rom-ski-com. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Halfway through the book at the moment & loving it. Just the thing for a warm, wet & windy afternoon with no snow in sight. Read the girlfriend skiing & boyfriend skiing samples online & was hooked. I've definitely done a lot of boyfriend skiing but he's catching up with me now!!
snow report
@sazza42, one day he will overtake you and "the student will becoming the master"

Warms me that you're enjoying my witterings. Have you go to the bit where I die - whoo - spoiler. Twisted Evil
snow report
perfect timing , stuck in tonight and was going to be forced to watch sat night tv Sad , but now looking forward to a good read Laughing
latest report
Ahhhh I know who you are now - I always thought that was a lovely little business idea.

I shall buy it - assume you're not in resort until winter so easier to get it posted out here?
ski holidays
skiingwithdemons wrote:
@HoneyBunny, @hethbum - I'm now forced to referring to it as "Significant Other of Lessor Ability Skiing" or "LAS Skiing" for short, due to feedback from the girls who regularly ski me off the mountain (there are many). Thanks for buying the book.
Well I read the samples and I don't think you've anything to worry about from people who are truly not sexist, as opposed to those who affect an attitude to being so. But those people work so hard to find something to be upset about that I'm sure they'd find it whatever you write. As a snowboarder I could pretend I was "offended" in some way, if I was playing that game, which seems stupid.

I generally find strong women skiers with male partners who struggle in powder. That tends to get ugly quickly.
snow report
@Nadenoodlee, Yes - not back in Zine till late December, happy to post to France. The Bacon Run (winter migration to Alps carrying "proper" pork products) will also be a Book Run this year.

b]@philwig[/b],
Quote:

I generally find strong women skiers with male partners who struggle in powder. That tends to get ugly quickly.
- true - the male ego is fragile. Some of the Demons are female - Morzine Mary for instance.

@Nadenoodlee, - thanks - The Chalet Project hasn't made me any rich - other than in experience.
snow conditions
@skiingwithdemons, I just bought a copy off your website and saved ... 17p on Amazon's price! Umm ... could you ... would you mind ... signing it?

I'm determined to have a mid-life crisis and I need to have it soon or my whole-life will have to be very long.

That first reviewer on Amazon was a bit mean, passing it round her whole family instead of buying new copies.
latest report
@henzerani, Thanks for buying a copy. Sure - I'll sign it is the book for you ? or a present ?
And I'll have to know your real name to work out which order is yours.

re: Amazon review - I'll have to work out a way of making the book self destruct after its been read once.

Your right - 17p isn't much of saving - Amazon have recently dropped their price - will review mine.
- but I can't really go much cheaper - dog to feed.
Twisted Evil

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 19-11-15 9:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy