Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet avalanche bag issue/emergency

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Lampbus has been on hold/is still on hold with Easyjet getting the ok for his Avalanche backpack to fly Edinburgh/Geneva on Sat - but suddenly the ballpark appears to have changed and they are not wanting to sign him off!

Anybody just got them to ok this?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
schneeflocke, if he can get the appropriate ( or should that be inappropriate) bits of kit across to us in Durham by Thursday lunctime, we can put them in our roof box for him if that helps, as we are driving down. I assume it is the canisters that are the problem?

Thread on the subject too http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=72233
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
From Michelle's EJ manual 13 January 2011

Looking at my manual - the rules for eJ are the same as what stoatsbrother posted for Swiss.

stoatsbrother wrote:

Quote:
We have reviewed your request and wish to share the following information with you:

It is permitted to bring one (1) avalanche airbag per passenger, equipped with a pyrotechnic
trigger mechanism containing less than 200mg net of Division 1.4S and less than 250mL of compressed
gas in Division 2.2. The backpack must be packed in such a manner that it cannot be accidentally acti-vated. The airbags within the backpack must be fitted with pressure relief valves.

In addition:
Permitted in or as carry-on baggage yes
Permitted in or as checked baggage yes
Permitted on one's person no
The approval of the operator is required yes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
After 43 mins on and off and on and off and etc hold....got transferred to her supervisor and she said ... yes, no problem.

Just like in December...just wish the first 'customer service' person was better trained to pass on things she didnt know about ... she came back after one long hold and said I cant carry nitrogen gas as it is flammable...

All sorted now. THankyou for your offer Mrs Bells Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lampbus, no bother.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lampbus wrote:
... she came back after one long hold and said I cant carry nitrogen gas as it is flammable...

Laughing (yeah, that's why the entire Earth's atmosphere bursts into flames whenever you strike a match...)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I like that one.
Nitrous Oxide would be though, which is mostly Nitrogen, and comes in similar cartidges. OK flammable is the wrong word, but can make things burn real quick Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lampbus, stay on piste. Much safer.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The IATA standard has changed since the post by stoadsbrother
Quote:

equipped with a pyrotechnic
trigger mechanism containing less than 200mg net of Division 1.4S and less than 250mL of compressed
gas in Division 2.2.

The 250ml has been removed so there is no longer a cylinder size restriction. This happened in January 2013.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
achilles wrote:

Given what I saw last Thursday and Friday and recent reports that could be very good advice!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I emailed them and they came back pretty promptly confirming I could take it.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I struggle with some of their phone staff not knowing what an airbag is. I just tell them I always carry it when I fly with them and but that Easyjet like it confirmed before hand. You get a ref number emailed to you about your call so I take that with me to the airport.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski wrote:
achilles wrote:

Given what I saw last Thursday and Friday and recent reports that could be very good advice!

As long as you have an on-piste emitter wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Despite carrying printouts of the IATA regs, Bergmeister has had loads of hassle with his and Mrs B's airbag canisters over the last 12 months since they bought them - including nearly missing a BA flight (Newcastle > Heathrow) with us, en-route to Canada at New Year.

The problem hasn't been with the airlines (BA, easyjet etc) but with jobsworth security staff who - despite producing the IATA regs printout - adopt a less than helpful 'Don't care what that printout says; you could have knocked it up on the computer yourself; those aren't going on the plane' approach.

After much arguing of the toss, calls from security to airline etc etc, they've fortunately always managed to get them on the flight (either hand luggage or checked in) - but what a carry on..... rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mountainaddict, Idiots. All my flights have been trouble free. I've never had a problem on Easyjet or Lufthansa.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy