Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Am I being an unreasonable girlfriend?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Years ago, on my first ski trip, my mate ruptured his knee ligaments a few days before the off. Rather than disrupt the skiing plans of his lovely fiancee, he decided to come with us all the same. It was priceless when we were queuing to load our luggage onto the coach, when after a succession of skibags were handed over, my mate handed over his crutches!

I don't think anyone who is injured or thinks they're injured should be compelled to ski, but surely their are worse ways to pass a week than with a stack of good books, knowing that a loved "other half" is out doing their stuff?

The OP needs to get this issue sorted, preferably by booking the trip for two and seeing what happens. If it smokes out that the injured party doesn't actually like skiing, then he'll have to be dumped sooner rather than later in any case, and the ski trip will help offset the upset that this might cause!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fs, come on then are you single yet ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Get rid. If its important to you it should be to him. Or just go; that's what I did (although it was a girlfriend) and now I'm single. But, I got an extra weeks skiing and did some superb off piste. Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm about to finish a week of offpiste skiing, five weeks after my ankle was in a cast. 6 days before skiing started was the first time I managed 5 minutes on the treadmill, at 4 miles an hour. I wasn't going to miss skiing though (Well I DID miss a week in Feb, but I don't think my foot would have fit into a boot 2 sizes larger, let alone not being able to step on it). I skied a couple decent lines this week.

I'll post pics but the connection here is poor (we got very lucky with the snow so there are some decent ones).

In summary, doctor visit to check out what's wrong with your bf's knee, or skiing. Or you go alone.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just to add yet another tale of trauma, I broke my ankle really badly less than 2 years ago. I managed the Saslong FIS World Cup piste later the same year, and have fitted in 6 weeks skiing since then. I'm on a constant search for physios, masseurs and anyone else really who can make it stronger and bendier (still very weak and stiff.) If he wants to ski he'll find a way!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pandora, Can I offer you a massage? Can't promise anything getting bendier though.................
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'M DEVASTATED!

As well as being vastly over qualified to replace the wimpy gimp . . .

I'm also old and ugly . . . bummer . . . However lass, it's clear you require a BF with more box in his boxers

rolling eyes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just for reference, I have hurty bits from 40+ years ago that still f'n hurt!!! That doesn't stop me going out and doing more damage!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had a complete knee replacement less than a year ago. I skied shortly before it (decided it wouldn't matter if it hurt any more!) and am about to go snowboarding for the very first time this Easter. If he loves you as much as you obviously love skiing, he will go for it! wink

Alternatively, go with one of these guys who are offering Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fs, seriously girl just tell the guy he's a 'wus' and watch his reaction. Relationships are about sharing, mutual caring and trust. From what you write, the guy just wants to sit on a sofa and have you look after him . . . there are better shags out there . . . I'd offer if I could remember what to do Embarassed

If you feel the need for a chaperone(sp?) on a ski trip; go on a snowHead bash . . . you'll have the equivalent to a Adamantium Chastity Belt in the numbers of people who will protect your virtue and at the same time slide with some great people . . . and the odd interweirdo wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Masque wrote:
and the odd interweirdo wink

self depreciating humour is always best
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque wrote:

you'll have the equivalent to a Adamantium Chastity Belt in the numbers of people who will protect your virtue

For Sale:

One EoSB place, own room + return flights from Heathrow - all offers seriously considered....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy