Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Am I being an unreasonable girlfriend?

Poster: A snowHead
I want to book a week away at the beginning of April - got my eye on a deal in Alpe d'Huez. The other half hurt his knee when we were away in January - a pathetic fall and he skied on for the next few days without any problem. It is not causing him much pain but he says it "isn't right" and hurts when he kneels down. I have pointed out that skiing doesn't involve kneeling but he is worrying about doing further damage. It isn't causing him any pain walking, was okay for a few hours at Hemel last week and doesn't stop him doing anything else. Should I just go ahead and book? Maybe he could wear a brace as extra support? Or should I be looking for a week in the sunshine - but I want more skiing!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dump him and come skiing with me instead wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
there's plenty of non-skiing stuff to do in Alpe d'Huez and in April there should be good sunbathing weather in resort
so yes, you should book
and you probably ought to send him to see a physio if his knee really is giving him grief
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
fs, nope.... tell him to mtfu, or go without him wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fs, I take it from what you have said he hasn't been to the doctors or Physio over it? In which case to ahead and book.

Right now I am in a lot of pain with my knee - I WILL ski 4 weeks today when we are on holiday even if it is like last time I went (over two years ago due to finances) strapped up and on pain killers. OK to be fair my Physio and consultant said there was no reason not to ski (I had had the operation to remove the tear in my medial meniscus cartilage). However if it hasn't been bothering him enough to go to the doctors and be referred to a consultant and Physio etc then I say no reason not to book it. Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tell him to MTFU FfsS.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No, you sound fine.

Tell him to man up or you are going without him.

He can stay at home doing crochet while you live it up in the mountains.

Or follow half of raceplate's idea,and go anyway.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Based on the title alone- probably, isn't that what girlfriends are for?

Based on the content, definitely, it's unreasonable to be the girlfriend of someone so lacking in MTFU genes they aren't willing to chance an aggravation for the chance of some extra skiing.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Filthyphil30k wrote:

Two time him and come skiing with me? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rule 5 clearly applies.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Raceplate wrote:
Filthyphil30k wrote:

Two time him and come skiing with me? Toofy Grin

The happiest combo, well for you. Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Raceplate, You're on.... Wink

I think he'll probably be ok. I'll suggest he stays at home to tile the bathroom instead and see what response I get!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If it "isn't right" then I assume he's been to the doctor. If it isn't bad enough to need medical intervention, then rule 5 applies.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just say you have a hurty knee next time he wants sex, he should get the message Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fs, Chat to him, explain you want to go desperately and see if he mans up/sees a doc or sulks, then go and enjoy yourself. My BF let me down with our Feb trip, I ended up meeting a like minded woman on J2ski and had a week in VDI without him. Now we are planning a trip to Sweden as he hated being home when I was skiing and having a great time!
snow report
1. Post some pictures of yourself

2. Wait for the holiday-with-me-instead offers to flow in

3. Insist that those offering post their pictures too

4. Compare/Contrast with the BF and decide where you are going

Simple!
latest report
I have this after a fall in January too, and carried on skiing as well! Obviously it may not be the same issue but it sounds very similar. It's fine most of the time, the occasional twinge. But if I crouch/kneel it really hurts at times! After a month and it got really sore one morning I started seeing a physio who said it was a sprain of some knee part or other (am afraid I have forgotten the name! Embarassed) and did some massage/ultrasound treatment weekly. And some exercises to do. That was just over a month ago and it is still not 100% but it is a lot better. I've been skiing loads in the meantime at Hemel and it has not bothered me at all. The physio said I was fine to ski (he is also a very keen skier so I trust his judgement!)

I would book it and tell him to get himself to a physio if he's arguing it might interfere with his skiing!

Coincidentally we're also off for a break in April too, only to La Plagne. If I hadn't been I might not have been as motivated to see the physio.

Just to add - my husband fell recently at Hemel and hurt his knee too, pretty sure it's not as bad as mine was (and mine wasn't that bad..) but he's been whining about it by saying it'll interfere with his skiing too, but seems perfectly capable of everything else and hasn't even tried skiing again since! These men need to see a doctor or MTFU Twisted Evil
latest report
Nope definitely not unreasonable at all. I cracked a couple of ribs & knackered my shoulder in the 3V's in January, but now I've finally had a scan on the shoulder & a steroid injection to fix it, I'm desperatly looking to book another week even though the 'other half' had decided we'd just have one this year Puzzled The skis seasons so short-get it booked Toofy Grin
snow report
Tell the pussy to MTFU or leave him. Seriously, passing up skiing because of a little discomfort. I think he really needs to have a good long think about his life
snow conditions
All the best advice has already been given. However, definitely a Rule 5 situation.

Book on the EoSB, 20th to 27th April in Val Thorens. Leave Mr Misery at home!!
ski holidays
fs, the only good thing to do in alped'huez is leave, or pass the eurotest.
snow conditions
fs, you are not being unreasonable at all. I broke up with a boyfriend because he wouldn't come skiing with me. Ok, it was for the season but he wasn't even willing to join me for short periods (wasn't interested in skiing or the mountains at all).

If they can't ski then they're not worth it Toofy Grin
snow report
Right - this relationship is going nowhere - call it off now, theres time to find a tidy, tanned ski-type to bump around with for a week wink

Zero-G, amen! I said to (now husband) "Be Nice please! this - lets move to the Mountains and ski for the season" after going out for 3 months - his response, despite never having put skis or a board on was 'yes - when do we go'. I knew he was the one for me wink
ski holidays
Rule 5 definitely......hombre.
ski holidays
Tell him to get a neoprene knee support and some ibuprofen, I don't go skiing without them.
snow report
fs wrote:
Raceplate, You're on.... Wink

I like you already! That bathroom definitely needs tiling and the 3V's is much better than ADH Very Happy

Especially with a personal chauffeur, guide and instructor... wink
snow report
Nadenoodlee, you are clearly more accomplished at screening them than me!

But have learned my lesson and, in future, the first question out of my mouth (when flirting with someone hot) will be if they ski/board or are interested in skiing/boarding. Everything else is inconsequential.
snow conditions
fs, broke my pelvis in 2 places in December. Skied two weeks since then.

Tell him to MTFU or DTMFA...!

rungsp, has the best strategy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fs, I would have said 'If you have to ask the question then the answer's yes" But then I read it and the answer is "NO"

This is nonsense.
snow report
I dropped my laptop on my foot last week and shattered both my acronyms, fs tell him to FTMU or DAFT M Very Happy
ski holidays
Just get him an Xbox and go:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/18/pennsylvania_incident/
snow report
Here's the deal with my husband and me. If he hurts himself and is still winging after 3 weeks yet hasn't got round to seeing anyone or at least booking to see anyone I run out of sympathy.

So

Give him a deadline to see a physio. Either he's hurt and needs help and its unlikely to get better without it, or he's a bit of a hypo

If he misses deadline book holiday away, either by yourself or with him.
snow report
Just go!
snow report
I fractured my fibula at the end of October along with sustaining a massive ankle sprain and wrenched knee. I still skied at Christmas, badly, but definitely skied.

Quote:

Maybe he could wear a brace as extra support?

Maybe he could wear a french maid's outfit and call you 'mistress'.

Quote:

Or should I be looking for a week in the sunshine - but I want more skiing!

So get more skiing.
latest report
Probably....

But not in this case Twisted Evil
latest report
He hurt his knee in January.....poor didums. Allowable medical reasons for not skiing? erm......... I suppose being dead might be acceptable
ski holidays
Quote:

If he hurts himself and is still winging after 3 weeks yet hasn't got round to seeing anyone or at least booking to see anyone I run out of sympathy.

So

Give him a deadline to see a physio. Either he's hurt and needs help and its unlikely to get better without it, or he's a bit of a hypo

If he misses deadline book holiday away, either by yourself or with him.

This. Entirely reasonable response to the situation.
snow report
My knees hurt constantly but if I had the chance at another week skiing this year I'd be on it like a tramp on chips.
snow report
thirty06, Hi you have a PM
ski holidays
thirty06, Toofy Grin

perelik1, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy