Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggest a Ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Offpiste only, but good for narrow very steep couloirs and skied out trees, (obviously also very good in open powder fields and chop) please only suggest it if you have skied it and found it good. I will not be using it for touring. Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh another what ski thread Cynic, how long have you been skiing? I guess a good few years if this is the terrain you ski and you don't know enough about skis, Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
190 Moment Bibby Pro. Brilliant all conditions euro offpiste ski. Maybe consider the 186 if skiing REALLY tight lines, but they pivot extremely well when required. Own tracked and chopped - lots of fibreglass makes them very damp, and you can just smash through it all. Incredible in slush and corn too. Do plan to add a 110ish ski with metal for deep frozen-solid crud when next something comes up on sport pursuit (credit needs to be blown on something), but when it's soft, or I don't know what conditions will be like, I always reach for the Bibbys.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Movement Goliath, discontinued now but perfect for what you're after (presumably you like em stiff in steep gullys). Even though discontinued you"ll pick up a pair somewhere. I'm not mad on major tree lines although these do handle very nimbly given the geometry (probably relatively light weight helps)

The replacement for these is supposed to be great too - bit different I understand and I haven't skied it
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
barry, Superturbo? Yep it's a big gun and skis like one but pretty nimble as least in the jessies' 192 length I tried. 202 for real men apparently.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
clarky999, Thanks for that have you seen them for sale in Europe?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob, following the rules mate, ain't been on it! I was thinking more the Trust replaced the Golly and the Superturbo came in above that but could be a good shout

I dunno what all the less cambered skis these days are like in steep gulleys, I kinda feel like I'd like traditional contact in there - but again this is not having skied any of the big rockers (don't do too many gullys these days neither, a few cheeky spring drops maybe)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
barry, Tried the Trust and liked it, problem didn't feel any more agile than what I skied already in skied out trees.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Line SFBs are great in tight tress - they pivot on a sixpence. But they need soft snow. I wouldn't fancy using them on a scraped icy couloir.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cynic wrote:
clarky999, Thanks for that have you seen them for sale in Europe?

No, I ordered them from the States. Ellis Brigham used to stock a few of their models (not the Bibby though), don't think they do anymore but maybe worth emailing them.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
uktrailmonster wrote:
Line SFBs are great in tight tress - they pivot on a sixpence. But they need soft snow. I wouldn't fancy using them on a scraped icy couloir.

I think this is the problem. Great soft snow rockered skis and pivotolicious tree dominators aren't necessarily the things you'd choose to trust your life to in a high consequences scraped couloir. Skills of course go a long way but in the end you need to trade off between effective edge and the "fun" characteristics.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cynic, on investigation, apparently you can get them in Europe:

http://www.momentskis.com/dealers/

Considerably more in Euros than I paid in Dollars a couple of seasons ago though.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 25-02-13 12:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cynic, Lhasa Pow if your looking for something a little different? Not found mine wanting in any conditions yet (well apart from when I dropped off a ledge in poor visibility!!)

Bit of camber, rocker and a good nose shape for crud....plenty of reading about them on TGR if you fancy it!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy