Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Debutant

Poster: A snowHead
Happychap, on a seperate post someone commented that Franz has MBTB (more balls than brains) Laughing
Your speed should increase proportionally to your skills.
When you say "turn through feel not knowledge" thats how it should be, a natural process not a concious one.
Unlike some who make it an unconcious process.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gatecrasher wrote:
Happychap, you should be very proud of yourself & so should your..ahem..instructor, although I have a feeling the pupil will become the teacher very shortly! Toofy Grin

Thats the funniest thing anyones ever called me.......... Laughing

Hands Up !! rolling eyes

I am well impressed with Haps progress.........

Hands Up !! rolling eyes

lol
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
franzClammer wrote:

Thats the funniest thing anyones ever called me.......... Laughing

Hands Up !! rolling eyes

Laughing hope IO didn't interrogate you too much on your "fast tracking" tips! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

http://youtube.com/v/NSH-5sN2Sm0

Here is a clip of last Saturday at the the snow centre with franz clammer. Am loving it more each time, so a recap one week in merribel, and this is my fourth session at Hemel

I know I am still wooden, and not holding my poles correctly. I am not centred and not facing down the slope. I Am still not edging or shifting my weight and still poor balance, and this is just the start of how i am going wrong but lessons aside each time I go makes me want to ski more so that's the bonus, I better take a lesson soon 😄 tips to improve are always as welcome as your criticism 🎿 Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The turns at the bottom of the slope was me trying to learn to do a 360 Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I think my arms think I am on a snowboard I sway to initiate turns I must keep my poles ahead and practise my drills to break that habit Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IMHO
You need either a Building Confidence Clinic with IOS or See Scooby Simon n Co at HH for lessons
Failing that just come to the next Freestyle Lockin Night...You'll be fine Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
franzClammer wrote:
IMHO
You need either a Building Confidence Clinic with IOS or See Scooby Simon n Co at HH for lessons
Failing that just come to the next Freestyle Lockin Night...You'll be fine Toofy Grin

Freestyle maybe Puzzled lesson a must Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Happychap, Amazing progress!! You obviously have very good natural balance.
You seem to be starting every turn with your shoulders - try the pole windows drill (Franz can show you how).

Definitely, definitely have plenty of lessons. It's worth the money in the long term coz the better you get, the more (and the sooner) you'll enjoy it. If you think you're happy now, wait til you find your edges and start carving Madeye-Smiley

Have a read of Franz's epic thread from the beginning and learn from his experience - it seems the penny has dropped and he's heading back to basics.

I reckon you 2 should have a monthly ski-off at HH (with junior filming) and we, the snowHead Jedi Council, can judge who has improved the most Toofy Grin

May the farce be with you!!

PS: HH looked nice and empty with no furniture on the slope - which day (and time) were you there???
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi ya was there on the 22nd june 5-11pm yes will have a lesson at next visit I am thinking will have to start listening to franz more and practising me drills lol Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Saturday t'was
There was supposed to be a bit of a 'Do on, with DJ etc but it was cancelled
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
franzClammer, Happychap, That was a Saturday??? Shocked
It looked empty (which is great). I guess you were just lucky.

In your experiences, what are the least busiest times at HH on weekends?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ALQ: I think if you go in the evenings it's much quieter than earlier in the day.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd steer clear next sunday morning/midday though because of the ERSA races.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
On Saturdays the later the better, by the 8:00-10:00pm slot is pretty quiet
We skied from 4:30pm until 8;00pm then had a £15 2hr extension until 10:00pm with complimentary drink in bar
There was a busy period 6:00pm -8:00pm It livened up then went quiet again
The daytimes are completely unpredictable IME depends what groups are using the slope or if they're prepping for freestlye etc
Haven't done Sunday enough to judge
They have a live webcam on their site so you could monitor it this weekend
http://www.thesnowcentre.com/about/virtualtour
snow report
kieranm, franzClammer, Cheers. Saturdays 8pm + it is then.
I'm feeling a little 'friski' coz of that clip I posted in FC's thread snowHead
latest report
ALQ,
It seems they are only selling passes up until 8:00pm
I'm not sure whats happening with the slope times. The Weekend Evening Ski Pass has been removed, that was 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Best check with em. As I said the Saturday we were there; there was a 2hr extension on offer until 10:00pm
Seems main slope open til 10:00pm only Tues & Weds
Puzzled
snow report
It's 20:18hrs Sunday>> At Mt Hemel, Basher is on main slope, place looks closed Confused
snow conditions
Saving on electricity, perhaps? Sad
latest report
Good morning to you all. One of my rare visits to the blog, today I am meeting up with franz and we are off to the snow centre for a social and ski 😄 I am thinking today I should learn some drills yeah right lol, anyways long drive ahead and some footage to follow am quite excited really
ski holidays
Saw this & thought of you wink
snow conditions
Hang on a minute if you look closely at the contents if I am right in saying franz, you win the dickhead hat award, you can't help showing off, you can't help spraying people with your skis as you pull up (hockey stop Is it) and you have the most expensive sun glasses, so are you sure it was me you had in mind or is this a magazine about you written by you Very Happy
snow report
Rofpml franz your a legend in the making Very Happy
snow report
Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Not to mention how far in the back seat the skier on the cover sits wink
ski holidays
Hi ya Saturday snow centre social, I was not aware that there was a few of you there, I feel very antisocial now, sorry if you was there and I did not say hi, I will make more of an effort at the next one, I did have fun and my mistakes are developing for to well for my liking. I am more hopeful of a lesson at my next trip 😄will put up a clip of a few of my runs to criticise soon lol. ( am liking the way franz has documented his progress and through him should be able to copy the habit of filming most trips 😄 really good idea )
latest report
ALQ wrote:

perhaps it is me after all!
wink
ski holidays
franzClammer wrote:
ALQ wrote:

perhaps it is me after all!
wink

What...you mean you really are the Ski Cnut??!!
May I have your autograph sir???!!

Hmmm...I sense a name change Toofy Grin

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

http://youtube.com/v/CHLuym58P0s&feature=share&list=UU4coOtm3L-lGemrxPicj-Jw
snow conditions
It is really good that I am starting to develop vids of every trip to Hemel I am able to see both my progression and my mistakes/ bad habits developing as much as my confidence, this week I was learning to jump and 360s lol. I will say the more I go the more I want to go, a big thanks has to go to franz for your video work and for the positive words of encouragement

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 22-07-13 11:17; edited 1 time in total
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/EkgfwCHIhkU&feature=share&list=UU4coOtm3L-lGemrxPicj-Jw
snow report
This is a quote from franz,

We gotta get you to find your edges more but that's amazing for 1 wk hol n a few sessions at Hemel. You're progressing MUCH faster than I did at 2wks 😃😎😃😎😃😎😃😎

So I must be improving Very Happy
latest report
Happychap, Franz is right...you're making amazing progress...you must be some kind of natural.

I'm sure the best advice Franz gave you was ... GET LESSONS!! Laughing
Seriously, the longer you leave it, the more your bad habits become ingrained into your muscle memory. It's taken me yearrrs to get rid of bad habits and some will never go Sad

Some vids I think you should check out...

http://youtube.com/v/HQZeC1FjYhc

http://youtube.com/v/DHJhY9rgU-Y
snow report
Happychap Some good progress here which I'm sure you can emulate (once you sort out your stance etc)

http://youtube.com/v/2Fs2jkOA74o

I wonder whatever happened to ol Rick?
ski holidays
Ok guys i have finally booked me lesson with IO 😄 25th July I can't wait early start for me will let yas know how I get on
latest report
ALQ wrote:
Happychap Some good progress here which I'm sure you can emulate (once you sort out your stance etc)

http://youtube.com/v/2Fs2jkOA74o

I wonder whatever happened to ol Rick?

I have been watching the clips and standing in me living room trying emulate. Lesson on the 25th finally
snow report
Happychap, Be at one with the skis young padowan. Feel the G forces flow through you. And never forget the magic words...
"they're not the droids you;re looking for".
snowHead
latest report
ALQ wrote:
Happychap, Franz is right...you're making amazing progress...you must be some kind of natural.

I'm sure the best advice Franz gave you was ... GET LESSONS!! Laughing

+1
Sorted
snowHead
ski holidays
franzClammer, Blush

Happychap How did you get on with your lesson? Feelin those front edges yet?? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
ALQ wrote:
franzClammer, Blush

Happychap How did you get on with your lesson? Feelin those front edges yet?? Toofy Grin

http://youtube.com/v/hy3GSL8agIk

Here is a video of some of my drills Rob from IOS had me doing, IE bending Ze knees when turning and the Tap and turn drill at times felt like I had improved throughout the runs good session
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy