Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Debutant

Poster: A snowHead
Hi room newbie here thought I would say hi to you all.
I recently returned from Meribel with Franzclammer This was my first time skiing, and I will say it was the most fun I have had whilst in sever pain, ski boots bloody hurt

Here is a small link to a clip of me after three days. I could not snow plough stop on day one
And would like to think I had improved a little. This was an amazing trip

I can't wait till I hit the slopes again

Anyway here's the clip

I
http://youtube.com/v/ffercfrMUns&feature=share&list=UU4coOtm3L-lGemrxPicj-Jw

Hope you enjoy, Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 6-02-13 22:35; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
By the way I stole this vid of franzclammer so pls Shusssh don't tell him .
I am the one in black Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I like it Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Villkomen to Snowheads young Jedi
Prepare thee for mocking Twisted Evil
Good to see you nurturing the Addiction to the White Stuff Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Happychap, No mocking from me. That shows great progress. The run from around 5.20 where its a bit steeper on the bend was impressive. Very controlled, variation in the shape of your turns. Soon the Padawan will become the Master.

Now what we really want. Where are the clips of you crashing?

Any friend of franz is a friend of ours.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Happychap, welcome to the worst addiction known to man . . . first things first . . . properly fitted ski boots don't hurt . . . and if they do, learn to snowboard.

edit: Wow! I've never seen anything that wooden . . . Shocked no! not being nasty just quite non-plussed . . . and still being what appears to be complete control of where you want to go . . . sort of living Lego Blush

Really can't decide if you should develop on what you're doing or break out into more conventional movements. . . . 2 weeks? F'n amazin' . . . F'n weird but still amazin' Shocked

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 7-02-13 4:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Happychap, I have never been brave enough to post a vid of me skiing up as i am not sure i could take the (constructive) criticism.
Sod it, here is the only one i am quite proud of, mostly because you cant actually see my technique.

http://youtube.com/v/pILEXVH-DxU
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ianbradders wrote:
Happychap, I have never been brave enough to post a vid of me skiing up as i am not sure i could take the (constructive) criticism.

I'd get rid of that odd looking thing on the end of your pole. wink

Just kidding! Toofy Grin

Happychap, welcome.....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Happychap, Pretty damn good I'd say, perhaps you might loan some of that restrained control you have to franzClammer, wink I think if you lay hands on an instructor next time they would very soon help you with the bits that need fixing, but from my ex. learners eye I wish I'd have been as good as that in two weeks (hell! I sometimes wonder if I'm that good now!!). Maybe you should learn to do a hockey stop just to round off your runs Toofy Grin

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 7-02-13 8:31; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ianbradders, Oh, dear, I'm soooo sorry, but I can't shake an image of how many skiers you have collected on the end of your ski pole (think jousting), by the time you got to the bottom. Certainly not a technique for a busy ski run!! Mind you for what it is you don't make a bad job of the filming.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for your comments guys. This was week one with limited instruction from pal ie stop watching my ski's
Quality slides and hold ya poles up
Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
N.B. I know the issue has been raised before, but I still think there is a lot in innate ability - some people just seem to have the ability to get on and 'do' and others of us have to fight for every ounce of progress. Life's not fair!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Happychap wrote:
Thanks for your comments guys. This was week one with limited instruction from pal ie stop watching my ski's
Very Happy

See told ya they dont bite

Here is the Debutant's Balls
The best clip of Me instructing Happychap in the most vital part of learning to ski.................Having fun in Meribel

http://youtube.com/v/f5vsh_YSces&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sun 6-04-14 16:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Happychap wrote:
Very Happy

Seriously though I was MEGA- impressed with Hap's progress in just his 1st week of skiing YES FIRST WEEK!! on snow Shocked
tried sabotaging his skis with Toffee Vodka & JD's twice cos he was getting tooo good Twisted Evil
Megamum: He seems to have innate fore n aft balance as he naturally walks on the balls of his feet
Well done Mate, very much looking forward to skiing with you again Laughing
soon!!!... keep walkin on yer balls...lol wink

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 7-02-13 15:30; edited 4 times in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
just a thought
Are you n Ianbradders twins seperated at birth.......lol
Talk about Doppleganger Shocked
Ian: Now show the one you are LEAST proud of...........if you want analysis that is Twisted Evil
Laughing
snow report
Happychap: very well done. I think you'll progress very quickly, and it's great to see a beginner skiing with such effortless control.

I'd second the recommendation of getting a bit of instruction to sort out the minor bad habits before they become too ingrained, as fixing them now will be far easier than later, and will help you enjoy the mountain even more.
latest report
ianbradders, I can listen to that Clannad remix for ever.
ski holidays
ianbradders wrote:
Happychap, No mocking from me. That shows great progress. The run from around 5.20 where its a bit steeper on the bend was impressive. Very controlled, variation in the shape of your turns. Soon the Padawan will become the Master.

Now what we really want. Where are the clips of you crashing?

Any friend of franz is a friend of ours.

I was quite lucky had one serious crash when I first hit a bit of ice but was lucky it was not caught on tape phew
ski holidays
I will deffo have a lesson next time I with ski's
I am considering monthly trips to Hempstead with franz
Will have a session to keep some sort of confidence in prepp Very Happy
snow conditions
Megamum wrote:
Happychap, Pretty damn good I'd say, perhaps you might loan some of that restrained control you have to franzClammer, wink I think if you lay hands on an instructor next time they would very soon help you with the bits that need fixing, but from my ex. learners eye I wish I'd have been as good as that in two weeks (hell! I sometimes wonder if I'm that good now!!). Maybe you should learn to do a hockey stop just to round off your runs Toofy Grin

Lessons most definitely, so I need to learn how to not be wooden, I could not find anything about that in the teach
Yourself to ski in two hours manual lol

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 7-02-13 21:10; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Megamum wrote:

Thanks for the vote of confidence megamum yes that franz does like a bit of wild skiing was near impossible keeping up with him, reminds me of a Tasmanian snow devil lol.
snow conditions
Happychap,
Quote:

I am considering monthly trips to Hempstead with franz

This sounds an excellent idea, particularly if you decide to do these with IO skiing and turn them into lesson sessions - I believe Inside Out skiing offer some sort of discount for their regular skiers

I wish I could finance/find the time for a monthly trip to HH myself! FWIW I'm 10+ weeks in and I am still skiing like a wooden top unless I have consumed an appropriate quantity of hot mountain wine.

Had you considered joining Franz klammer on the EoSB?
ski holidays
gatecrasher, funny, good one.
Megamum, not stabbing skiers, aim exclusively for snowboarders. Really quiet on the piste so happy to go for it in safety.
franzClammer, no way am i going to put my worst clip up. I prefer to ski in ignorance of my limited ability. In my mind i could give anyone a race.
snow report
No eosb for me Crying or Very sad I would love to be going but not on this occasion, but oh so envious of franz,
He will have a great time he has his little darlek with him, who is a far better, skier and camara man. Very Happy

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 7-02-13 21:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Has anyone driven from the Uk to Meribel. And have an idear of the cost in fuel and tolls

Just a thought rolling eyes
snow report
There are extensive threads on here discussing the drive to the 3Vs. My jalopy ain't up to it
I like the coach it's probly cheaper n I don't have to pay for parking
Don't spose anyone is at HH on Sat 9th. I am at an ISO Clinic wondered if the other
SH participants on it
ski holidays
franzClammer wrote:
I am at an ISO Clinic wondered if the other
SH participants on it

"Anyone? No? Anyone at all...?"

Puzzled
ski holidays
gatecrasher, aren't a lot of the 'regulars' bashing at the moment?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like I am the SH Cultural Atache' for the day then....lol
snow conditions
Off to 3V's end of March
Any SH's out there then?
snow conditions
franz, you are a SH's legend! I might come up just to watch you being "made" to do turns Laughing have a great day matey, can't wait to see the next installment, better than Ski Sunday by far.
snow report
I have put this vid up as it shows my progression from day three onwards, I still ski quite wooden.

http://youtube.com/v/604cL-npZdg&sns=em

I do love the sound track Very Happy
ski holidays
Happychap, you should be very proud of yourself & so should your..ahem..instructor, although I have a feeling the pupil will become the teacher very shortly! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Am thinking I have few more trips needed for that to become a reality lol it appears my instructor franz has far bigger balls than me, he is fearless. 😄
ski holidays
Franz is having a lesson at hampstead today, lets hope he learns to keep his arms down when he goes over a bump or crest lol Very Happy
snow report
Happychap, Balls alone make for a "fast skier".....and that's all!
ski holidays
I am thinking the second vid shows that I am starting to get the hang of turns, although being honest it is through feel that I turn not knowledge, think I need to work on that, was also starting to feel more confident as well which helps, watching it I still find it hard to believe I could not ski, snowplough or stop prior to arriving Saturday. Very Happy
ski holidays
Balls do help I can then spend less time thinking about crashing and more time thinking about improving skills lol Very Happy
latest report
Happychap wrote:
Balls do help

To a point, once they become bigger than the brain the trouble starts..... wink
snow report
Lol ok that is a good pointer I will remind myself of that when franz has me standing at the top of a black run lol Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy