Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's frightening

Poster: A snowHead
northernsoulboy, Your fault for using Ryanair. Anyone who's been on Snowheads for any time at all knows you should never use them. What's more, Fascinating Aida agree with me:

http://youtube.com/v/ZAg0lUYHHFc
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
northernsoulboy wrote:
Planets? I did a season in MACS0647-JD. Bloody Ryanair sent my kit to IC 1101, but luckily there was an Intersport there. I didn't get the skis I paid for, but that's a different story.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gatecrasher wrote:
northernsoulboy wrote:
Planets? I did a season in MACS0647-JD. Bloody Ryanair sent my kit to IC 1101, but luckily there was an Intersport there. I didn't get the skis I paid for, but that's a different story.

But have you skied planet hyperbole?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ansta1 wrote:

Whilst you think you are the best, this guy certainly does as well.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=97420

Very Happy Interesting that he's not offering advice on red pistes in la Plagne...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnnyh wrote:
I do remember meeting Scott and Rob from Inside Out for the first time in real life and being surprised that they could actually ski! <~~ well they could get down the slope at Hemel, maybe they'd struggle on a blind corner on hard red!!
The fearsome lefthander at Mt Tamworth is a real struggle for me. I'm still working up to blind corners on reds...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
From what I've seen it doesn't take SnowHeads to encourage people to ski out of their safety zone in either Les Arcs or La Plagne. I've seen technique that should be confined to tough blues exhibited at the summit of Aguille Rouge. Point is, it's not the responsibility of these muppets to avoid the rest of us but those with better control to avoid them. OP, if you headed into a blind corner at speed then you deserve all you get, m8. Could have been a boulder on the piste or a fallen skier of greater ability than you that tripped you up - skill don't enter into it.

Snowcrazy's the daddy on SnowHeads when to comes to Parisdiski and he can ski, on yes. I don't ski as well as him but I can hold my own. Most of the other's I have seen seem pretty fair and I know at least one is 2/3 of the way to qualifying as a ski instructor (if they have not done so already).

Rule 5 - with knobs on.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, havent risked that in years after a nasty moment in 1998 when it was a little icy. Still have nightmares Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't have anything meaningful to contribute but want to keep this thread alive until OP comes back to explain who or what he crashed into, and more importantly, the causative link between the mystery unnamed Walter Mittie and his injury.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rosa Klebb was very red indeed.... you just gotta read rather than watch!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
monkey wrote:
I don't have anything meaningful to contribute but want to keep this thread alive until OP comes back to explain who or what he crashed into, and more importantly, the causative link between the mystery unnamed Walter Mittie and his injury.

The OP does seem a bit... unusual.

64 years old, renewing season passes left right and centre but unable to work out how to get to Courchevel or (pedantry apologies) spell it, or how to book a shared transfer to the airport, and mithering himself incoherently about some advice he may or may not have been given, and should not have needed, by someone he met in a chalet (or read on here), while condemning everyone else as 'useless woodentops'.

Keith - if you bomb round blind corners and smash into people, you're the one who should be dealt with, not the snow plougher.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RattytheSnowRat, I think his knob fell off . . . you know, the sort of injury you get when blasting a blind left red rolling eyes My inner TGR is bubbling up Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It was me...I'm Spartacus!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This thread reminds me that someone was telling me that last year in L2A when the lower slopes were roped off with a huge sign saying "Expert Skiers Only" he stopped to check if a woman sitting on the edge of the piste, obviously struggling, was okay and asked didn't she see the sign? She told him she was an expert as it was her second week and she'd had lessons! wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No... I am Spartacus!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hate to be a pedant, but it's Walter Mitty, not Mittie.
snow report
WayneC, I prefer the signs in the US with a prominent skull & crossbones and a warning that death and serious injury may occur - doesn't stop numpties loading chairs from which there is no pisted way down or throwing themselves down steep 500ft mogul fields.
snow conditions
Quote:

I've seen technique that should be confined to tough blues exhibited at the summit of Aguille Rouge.

RattytheSnowRat, I hope that wasn't me Embarassed Yes, I took the top very cautiously taking the very narrow cat-track next to the drop off very cautiously due to its aspect rather than the steep bit from the top, and I might have taken longer than many at the many mounded funnel bit that followed very quickly, but I didn't do so bad for me. Laughing

In response to the OP I think they should return and explain further, it sounds like they were at fault, and they shouldn't be tarring everyone with the same brush. Many folks on here know their limitations as I demonstrate above.
ski holidays
Masque, Very Happy hence strapping a few on, I have a feeling it's not a 'one off' where he's concerned.

Sorry about that [get's coat]
ski holidays
Chamcham wrote:
....only a few weeks ago, I skied the backside off Mars

Fixed it for you
ski holidays
Red Leon, I'm good, but not that good Toofy Grin
snow report
Chamcham wrote:
....only a few weeks ago, I stuffed a Mars up my backside

FIFY proper like
latest report
At least he had enough insurance to cover the financial loss.
snow report
cagey wrote:
In the last month or so I have met,stayed in the same chalet and skiied with a few of the reporters on this site.
Walter Mitties all of them,I know I am not very good but by comparrison they are useless woodentops the lot of them yet they pretend to be good and give such stupid info, why do people do this.
A very likable chap, at the moment is giving info about a popular French area ,he couldn't safely attempt a gentle blue, all excuses but his info was dangerous, what to do.
Why don't people admit their limitations, I know the answer but perhaps if a fine system were introduced dependant on ability then perhaps people like me wouldn't be back in the UK 6 weeks early nursing an injury because of a prat on a hard red snowploughing on a blind corner.
Hey ho
Happies
Keith

Were you wearing a helmet?
ski holidays
No, he is one.
snow report
Filthyphil30k, Hang onna sec . . !

There comes a time in all men's lives when we move from virile ski god to curmudgeonly old git . . . give the man the grace to have accepted his place in the World order . . . though he does seem to have embraced it rather wholeheartedly. Confused
snow report
Masque wrote:
Chamcham wrote:
....only a few weeks ago, I stuffed a Mars up my backside

FIFY proper like

That wasn't a Mars it was a careless Wispa (c G Michael)

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 6-02-13 14:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Ooh goodie! Hang on a mo while I go stock up on popcorn...
ski holidays
fatbob, They melt too quickly . . .
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar wrote:
Hate to be a pedant, but it's Walter Mitty, not Mittie.

Some of us may be Walter Mittys, however the OP is coming across as more Walter Matthau..
snow report
Embarassed Вugger! I'm not supposed to know that . . . purely apocryphal I'll have you know wink
snow report
Still trying to picture the scene.

If the OP was hit by a snowplougher who belted round a blind corner then he's vindicated.

If the OP was following then, it's a scenario I've been in before, not laudable, but familiar. Hot shot goes wooshing off, follow him/her, wedeln whee!, moguls whoopee! steep bit zooom! narrow bit with blind corner massive plough brake from front runner and you've got a choice of collision, try to outbrake, crash off the piste or go round on a nasty steep bit and into terrain you weren't expecting too fast and on a bad line.

Anyway, rule 15 applies.
snow conditions
Touchguru, very good! Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

In the last month or so I have met,stayed in the same chalet and skiied with a few of the reporters on this site.
Walter Mitties all of them,I know I am not very good but by comparrison they are useless woodentops the lot of them yet they pretend to be good and give such stupid info

This is a forum populated largely by one week a year holidaymakers whose enthusiasm pretty much outstrips their skiing ability. I don't remember any of them claiming otherwise either. They're out to have fun, not provide you with a service. Admittedly the forum is awash with stupid advice about all sorts of things, but then so is the average conversation down the pub. So what?
snow report
Lizzard wrote:

This is a forum populated largely by one week a year holidaymakers whose enthusiasm pretty much outstrips their skiing ability.

I resemble that remark...
ski holidays
Lizzard, ^ +1

The Lizzard demonstrates her usual sagacity. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
So do I. I'm a 3 and a half weeks a year holidaymaker whose enthusiasm pretty much outstrips my skiing ability. Very Happy
snow conditions
You should definitely stop posting here and go over to the Teton Gravity Research forums, you won't have the same problems with woodentop reporters there.
ski holidays
narc, I like TGR, they're so . . . so . . . 'cuddly and life affirming'. So much more welcoming than us buttwipes.
snow report
Chamcham, You may have skied the backside of Mars but have you ever tried Uranus?
snow report
Is it even possible to 'belt' when you're snowploughing? Could this be a new Olympic sport?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy