Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's frightening

Poster: A snowHead
In the last month or so I have met,stayed in the same chalet and skiied with a few of the reporters on this site.
Walter Mitties all of them,I know I am not very good but by comparrison they are useless woodentops the lot of them yet they pretend to be good and give such stupid info, why do people do this.
A very likable chap, at the moment is giving info about a popular French area ,he couldn't safely attempt a gentle blue, all excuses but his info was dangerous, what to do.
Why don't people admit their limitations, I know the answer but perhaps if a fine system were introduced dependant on ability then perhaps people like me wouldn't be back in the UK 6 weeks early nursing an injury because of a prat on a hard red snowploughing on a blind corner.
Hey ho
Happies
Keith
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

perhaps if a fine system were introduced dependant on ability then perhaps people like me wouldn't be back in the UK 6 weeks early nursing an injury because of a prat on a hard red snowploughing on a blind corner.

sorry to hear about your injury, Keith. Did the snowploughing prat overtake you?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cagey wrote:
In the last month or so I have met,stayed in the same chalet and skiied with a few of the reporters on this site.

AFAIK, there are no "reporters" on here.

We are all just ordinary users of the forum, who have a shared interest in snow.

Quote:

Walter Mitties all of them,I know I am not very good but by comparrison they are useless woodentops the lot of them yet they pretend to be good and give such stupid info,

What a ridiculous statement from having met just one or two of us.

Quote:

why do people do this.
A very likable chap, at the moment is giving info about a popular French area ,he couldn't safely attempt a gentle blue, all excuses but his info was dangerous, what to do.

What advice was he giving taht was dangerous? His own abilities aren't really relevant.

Quote:

Why don't people admit their limitations,

Most on here do.

Quote:

I know the answer but perhaps if a fine system were introduced dependant on ability then perhaps people like me wouldn't be back in the UK 6 weeks early nursing an injury because of a prat on a hard red snowploughing on a blind corner.
Hey ho
Happies
Keith

Sorry to hear about your injury, but how on earth somebody else skiing into you can be the fault of advbice given on here, I have no idea.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cagey, Why don't you tell us how you really feel.

Orders popcorn and sits back.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sarge McSarge, Well we do want to know who the miscreants are Toofy Grin

there is a lingering whiff of old boot on wool . . . so cagey, don't be shy.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 6-02-13 3:27; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
cagey wrote:
UK 6 weeks early nursing an injury because of a prat on a hard red snowploughing on a blind corner.

So you were skiing round a blind corner out of control then?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thornyhill, sounds about right rolling eyes This is the second in a couple of days with ego flatulence, sensing a patern wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So which SH's were in La Plagne (or Paradiski) skiing with cagey in the last few weeks?
Sounds like you are all to be considered:-
cagey wrote:
..... Walter Mitties all of them,I know I am not very good but by comparrison they are useless woodentops the lot of them yet they pretend to be good and give such stupid info, why do people do this.........Keith

Hey ho.....

Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque, Of course we want to know. Nothing like a bit of trash talking to ruffle some feathers. We on the other hand would never stoop so low. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Who is the bigger fool? The fool, or the fool who follows him...?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cagey, sorry you got hurt. No doubt you feel hard done by and are fishing around for someone to blame Confused . Almost all the advice I've seen on snowheads relative to subjects I know well has been sound, some inspired! It's really not fair to accuse people who are doing their best, for no financial gain, to help those (you for instance) who come onto this forum asking for help and information.

The little info you give of your unfortunate incident puts you either stationary below a blind bend on a red run, or skiing into someone from behind rolling eyes . I don't think there can be much leeway as to who is to blame, assuming you have the capacity of self-determination. Get well soon. Rule 5.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What a strange post Confused The OP that is....
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cagey wrote:
because of a prat on a hard red snowploughing on a blind corner.

Nah, wouldn't have thought so, there aren't any hard reds in la Plagne? Cool

All the best.... Walt
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I blame boredsurfin wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RULE 5 indeed
snow conditions
cagey, I hope you secretly filmed yourself crashing into him wink
latest report
cathy wrote:
I blame boredsurfin wink

Laughing I wouldn't even know which end of a snowboard is the front Toofy Grin

However, I am intrigued by this
Quote:

people like me wouldn't be back in the UK 6 weeks early

and yet here he/she says
Quote:
This season I, m in Para for 6 weeks same as last year
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2124925&highlight=#2124925

Got injured first day out?

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 6-02-13 9:03; edited 1 time in total
latest report
cagey, I am really sorry to hear that you have been injured and hat to cut short your time out there, however you seem to have misunderstood what this forum is?

This is a forum with normal everyday people on it who have one thing in common - they love the snow. By coming here to this forum it means that you can chat with like minded people and gain from their knowledge and experiences and hopefully return than favour by passing on your own knowledge and experiences to others. I personally have been very greatful for all the advice I have received here and hope that I have managed to help others where I can relate fromy experiences.
snow report
pam w wrote:
sorry to hear about your injury, Keith. Did the snowploughing prat overtake you?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
I struggle to visualise the accident and it's rarely just one party's fault when collisions happen in a blind corner situation. Were you stationary indeed? Because it's not that easy to take out on a snowplow someone who's moving. You frustration is understandable - my boyfriend missed most of last season through injury, and this is not easy when you get yourself a typical shitty job in the resort in order to ski every day but in the end all you've got is the shitty job and your mates stories when they come back from the slopes. Still no need to start throwing accusations, it happens, you will heal and there will be more seasons to come. Cheer up.

PS. Hard reds don't exist.
snow report
Quote:

stayed in the same chalet and skiied with a few of the reporters on this site.

Come on then who stayed in Les arcs (or La Plagne) with a person who was out for 6 weeks called Keith ?

Quote:

Who's that then?
snow conditions
alex_heney wrote:
AFAIK, there are no "reporters" on here.
Hark! The sound of Goldsmith's heart breaking...
snow conditions
Zero-G, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Thornyhill wrote:
cagey wrote:
UK 6 weeks early nursing an injury because of a prat on a hard red snowploughing on a blind corner.

So you were skiing round a blind corner out of control then?

^This.

Not really relevant whether they were snowploughing or not really, is it? The point is, it was a blind corner (according to Keith) so therein lies your answer.
snow report
+1 for Rule 5.
ski holidays
Not rule 7?
latest report
never summer wrote:

PS. Hard reds don't exist.

Dolph Lungren in Rocky IV?

A Graeme Souness tackle?

OP reads like it was written by a google chines spambot - either that or the pain meds are really really good.
snow report
Quote:

Dolph Lungren in Rocky IV?

Rosa Klebb? Scares me
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

OP reads like it was written by a google chines spambot - either that or the pain meds are really really good.

Laughing
snow report
Rosa kleb wasnt a red strictly speaking.
latest report
Caroline Lucas is a really nasty green.
latest report
I consider myself to be the best skier on this forum, in fact on any forum, by far. Until recently, my claim to fame was skiing switch from Everest's summit, but only a few weeks ago, I managed to hitch a lift on a North Korean rocket, and skied the back side of Mars. The powder was awesome, with no snowploughers in sight.

If anyone wants advice on skiing elsewhere in the solar system, just ask. I'll be happy to share my expert advice.
snow report
Chamcham wrote:

If anyone wants advice on skiing elsewhere in the solar system, just ask. I'll be happy to share my expert advice.

Our solar system? Bit provincial.
ski holidays
Quote:

Rosa kleb wasnt a red strictly speaking

Stop calling me strictly speaking
snow report
cagey, do you live under a bridge?
ski holidays
Chamcham wrote:
I consider myself to be the best skier on this forum, in fact on any forum, by far. Until recently, my claim to fame was skiing switch from Everest's summit, but only a few weeks ago, I managed to hitch a lift on a North Korean rocket, and skied the back side of Mars. The powder was awesome, with no snowploughers in sight.

Whilst you think you are the best, this guy certainly does as well.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=97420
latest report
northernsoulboy wrote:
Chamcham wrote:

Our solar system? Bit provincial.

So, have you skied more planets than I have? wink
snow report
Planets? I did a season in MACS0647-JD. Bloody Ryanair sent my kit to IC 1101, but luckily there was an Intersport there. I didn't get the skis I paid for, but that's a different story.
snow conditions
Actually, I don't think cagey's experience is confined to here. I often find advice on the internet to be varied in quality. Sometimes it's great, and comes from experienced sources and sometimes it is just people typing. Snowheads is no exception to that, surely. I imagine some people type a better ski run than they can ski it and some others are probably too modest to even post a response.

I think it would be alarming to find that the person you've always thought gives good skiing advice can't even get down a blue run and maybe that would make you reconsider their opinion in the future.

Perhaps it's better to assume that the information posted on here is posted by people who aren't actually skiing and typing at the same time.

I do remember meeting Scott and Rob from Inside Out for the first time in real life and being surprised that they could actually ski! <~~ well they could get down the slope at Hemel, maybe they'd struggle on a blind corner on hard red!! The last comment was typed with the irony lock on btw.
ski holidays
cagey, so keith would you like to "out" the nice chap spouting on about a nice French resort who would struggle to get down a blue, or will you remain forever in hiding under that bridge?

johnnyh, You are right there is a lot of over egged puddings round internet forums. And we all know that eggs taste much better with a pinch of salt.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 6-02-13 11:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy