Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's frightening

Poster: A snowHead
Masque, He won't be there. He has a sore knee. Apparently he fell while skiing out of control.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thornyhill, knee? . . . is that the new way to spell 'ego'?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thornyhill, aha! It's your sock! Nobody mentioned "knee" Confused

Anything to keep you company during the silly hours eh! rolling eyes Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque wrote:
cagey, Ah . . . nice to see the linguistic algorithms fulfill their projections. One of the remarkable consistencies in human activity is not colour nor culture but use of language to express emotion . . . see you at the EoSB . . . assuming you can actually ski well enough to keep up with a boarder rolling eyes

nice use of "pudenda' BTW . . . PS. empty threats are fun to play with . . . just sayin' like

Your paranoia is not my problem . . . unless you wish to make it such Toofy Grin

Well I do very much so, but you keep being extremelly KY if you know what I mean, I'll explain' KY artificial lubricant when the real thing isn't good enough'
Keep annoying me it can only enhance the pleasure of when we must meet , I sense your friends are wisely dropping away, the gun threat which has really scared me and my family was silly please say it was not true
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gatecrasher wrote:

Anything to keep you company during the silly hours eh! rolling eyes Evil or Very Mad

I assumed that if you caught the tip of you ski in some netting while out of control, one leg would stop and rotate while the other one continues. Serious injury like broken leg/dislocated hip, he wouldn't have been looking for a cheat transfer to Geneva last week as his insurance would cover it. Minor injury wouldn't require coming home two months early. Damaged knee ligaments seems like the only option.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thornyhill, It's clear that cagey is coming to realise that It's not good practice to 'slag-off' in generalities whilst being demonstrably a dick (aaagh split infinitive conundrum!).

Let's hope he gains something from this exchange . . . Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thornyhill, hmm! Sounds logical "sideways glance"
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cagey wrote:

the gun threat which has really scared me and my family was silly please say it was not true

What threat? He said he was allowed and licensed to carry guns. Statement of fact.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gatecrasher, I am also allowed to and licensed to carry guns (no mean feat in Northern Ireland.) Are you feeling threatened Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thornyhill, I so feel like I'm missing out...I don't even have a rod license. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Masque wrote:
whilst demonstrably being a dick

better? I hope your infinitive doesn't feel threatened after you split it?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thornyhill wrote:
gatecrasher wrote:

I assumed that if you caught the tip of you ski in some netting while out of control, one leg would stop and rotate while the other one continues. Serious injury like broken leg/dislocated hip, he wouldn't have been looking for a cheat transfer to Geneva last week as his insurance would cover it. Minor injury wouldn't require coming home two months early. Damaged knee ligaments seems like the only option.

Ignorance is bliss, I got off the mountain using Carte Neige after that EHIC useless and then after that it was provably down to me, Change of flight, physio in UK, loss of accom in France down to me season lift pass so no loss, so all this silly speculation about an insurance fraud is a nonsense. In fact re insurance this could not have happened at a worse time becauase this is renewal time.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gatecrasher wrote:
....I don't even have a rod license. rolling eyes

You need a licence to use your rod? Shocked Shocked Shocked
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cagey, just for your comfort . . . well, yes I am licensed . . . but then again I an living a looooooooooong way away from you and where 'lax' is the best way to describe the 'stand your ground' laws. Much to our shame Evil or Very Mad

The point is . . . you behaved like a complete dick in your first post . . . and I said nothing more than a statement in fact in mine . . . odd how you feel threatened by me . . . perhaps that may help you understand how insulted you made others feel in your OP. If you are unable to suffer "The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" and clearly inadequate to "oppose and end them" . . . then cease to post here.

That you have risen to bait is promising . . . the real question is . . . are you angry or reflective?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cagey wrote:
Thornyhill wrote:
gatecrasher wrote:

.......so all this silly speculation about an insurance fraud is a nonsense.

LOL - I gave up on the insurance fraud theory when you came back and posted this evening. - The post you refer to was me justifying why I mentioned knee injury. So was I right? Was I? Was I? :
snow report
Masque wrote:
cagey, just for your comfort . . .

Hang on Masque.....I think OP may be over sensitive or feels threatened or frightened easily. (See thread title)
snow conditions
Masque wrote:
cagey, just for your comfort . . . well, yes I am licensed . . . but then again I an living a looooooooooong way away from you and where 'lax' is the best way to describe the 'stand your ground' laws. Much to our shame Evil or Very Mad

The point is . . . you behaved like a complete dick in your first post . . . and I said nothing more than a statement in fact in mine . . . odd how you feel threatened by me . . . perhaps that may help you understand how insulted you made others feel in your OP. If you are unable to suffer "The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" and clearly inadequate to "oppose and end them" . . . then cease to post here.

That you have risen to bait is promising . . . the real question is . . . are you angry or reflective?

Quoting Shakespeare, ' We are judged as much by our words as our deeds' You are not listening are you, I don't care what you thought about any of my posts , the only ones that matter are the insults and threats you directed at me, for those you will pay, your choice how.
snow conditions
This thread reads like a script from a bad spaghetti western. Excellent. Helping with a tedious wait for a flight at Tokyo. Can we have a bit more about guns and choosing your own fate please...?
ski holidays
Yes, They both pull a mean squint a la Clint, Although it could be the sunny snow, Where is the St Bernards when you need him/her
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
This thread reads like a script from a bad spaghetti western. Excellent. Helping with a tedious wait for a flight at Tokyo. Can we have a bit more about guns and choosing your own fate please...?

Fair point,
latest report
cagey, Where you see threat there is only your own inference . . . your paranoia is not my problem . . . as is your blame toward others for your execrable skiing standards in your OP.
I've neither insulted you nor threatened you . . . only used your own standards to place you on the pedestal you built for your own ego.

As I recall my Shakespeare that's very rusty . . . the Earl of Oxford paraphrased Matthew 12:36-37 in that "thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned"

In this case . . . applicable to each of us, Shirley?
latest report
Just realised . . . this isn't TGR is it Toofy Grin
snow report
Who's Shirley? Was she the one doing the snowplough?
snow report
cagey, you have to realise that I live in a society where, if you walked through my door uninvited I would be perfectly entitled to and legally not responsible for, shooting you dead. If you approached me in the street and shouted at me in the manner you imply in your OP, I could see you as a threat and shoot you dead.

Now I'm not going to do that . . . it's just a statement of fact . . . So, by all means ask me for my address Twisted Evil
snow report
Thornyhill, I'm still trying to get my head around of Zero's norks Confused
snow conditions
Masque wrote:
cagey, Where you see threat there is only your own inference . . . your paranoia is not my problem . . . as is your blame toward others for your execrable skiing standards in your OP.
I've neither insulted you nor threatened you . . . only used your own standards to place you on the pedestal you built for your own ego.

As I recall my Shakespeare that's very rusty . . . the Earl of Oxford paraphrased Matthew 12:36-37 in that "thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned"

In this case . . . applicable to each of us, Shirley?

You are a very stupid and arrogant person, if you took the time to read my OP I admitted I am not a good skier especially by your standards. However I have never insulted you or your alleged abilities, nor have I threatened you or your family by saying I know where you live and more frightening that I have guns and am legally allowed to transport them. This level of bullying and intimidation over a misunderstood non specific forum post is unacceptable and I intend to report your behavior, initially to Snowheads , then the Police ,Home Office (Fire arms registry), and via the HO your LAuthority.
I gave you a huge amount of time to back off but you would not listen to sage advice.

Hi my name Keith
snow conditions
ere's a little song I wrote..
ski holidays
cagey, Sweetcheeks . . . the only thing I have ever said on slushNuts about my skiing is that it provides amusement for others. You insulted the entire Community in your OP.

Stating that I know where you live is no more than that and not difficult to trace with propitiatory software that is legal (at least here it is Twisted Evil) . . . And since I don't live in the UK . . . your rhetoric is hardly intimidating and more likely to put you on a 'watch list' than I . . . this could be fun . . .

Hello Keith, I'm an arѕe and the one thing I'm qualified to do is recognise another, perhaps if you hadn't been such a dick in your OP you wouldn't back-peddling fast enough t'power Blackpool Illuminations now . . . "sage" Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin The only thing 'sage about you is the colour of the mould in the creases of your scrote.

Dear God, where do we find these 'lady's front bottoms'? Twisted Evil It is fun to see where these posts originate from . . . Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is this still going on?
His original posting was a gem and I thought it needed to be quoted again so we can review the complaint and suggestion:-
cagey wrote:
In the last month or so I have met,stayed in the same chalet and skiied with a few of the reporters on this site.
Walter Mitties all of them,I know I am not very good but by comparrison they are useless woodentops the lot of them yet they pretend to be good and give such stupid info, why do people do this.
A very likable chap, at the moment is giving info about a popular French area ,he couldn't safely attempt a gentle blue, all excuses but his info was dangerous, what to do.
Why don't people admit their limitations, I know the answer but perhaps if a fine system were introduced dependant on ability then perhaps people like me wouldn't be back in the UK 6 weeks early nursing an injury because of a prat on a hard red snowploughing on a blind corner.
Hey ho
Happies
Keith

I did see this separate posting that maybe could have been posted here, my eyes glazed over after page 2, so maybe I missed it.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2226574&highlight=#2226574

cagey wrote:
A thread called frightening was started by me and has now got way out of hand.
I apologise unreservedly to anyone who took offence to any of my badly worded comments there was no criticism to any person meant or should be construed ( with one very notable exception).
Keith

I take it our old mate cagey hasn't come clean about the SH's who he maligned in in the early post of this thread? What dangerous advice he was given?
Nor as far as I can see, has he explained clearly the actual circumstances of the accident.

He does appear to have been quite successful at goading several people to have a prod at him. Couldn't have been done any better if it was deliberate.

How to win friends etc.....
snow report
FraserP, Goad all he likes . . . doesn't make him less of a **** or hide his location . . . Twisted Evil

AFAICT so far, this is the 7th SCGB sock puppet though there's use of WIFI hotspots making tracking almost impossible for a civilian these days.
snow report
OMG, a sock???????
Who would have thought...... Laughing
snow report
cagey, You are a legend!!! Six pages and still going from one little post Toofy Grin Toofy Grin I have never had such a response. I guess it is something to aspire to. Or maybe not.
ski holidays
Thornyhill wrote:
Who's Shirley? Was she the one doing the snowplough?

Is Shirley Zero's real name? Confused
ski holidays
Sarge McSarge, it's easy. All you have to do is say something unfounded about other snowheads, then accuse them of being responsible for your own stupidity and you can get the popcorn in.
snow report
cagey, so let me get this right:

You're new to skiing, not very good, and were skiing out of control on a difficult red run.
You think that people who ski beyond their ability should be fined.

So, how much are you going to pay? Toofy Grin
snow report
Morning all, still going strong I see. Laughing

Masque wrote:
Thornyhill, I'm still trying to get my head around of Zero's norks Confused

Don't get around them, get between them wink

Off to work now, TTFN Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
cagey, Maybe it was a bit silly for you to be in that place, not the ploughers? If you ski in control collisions are avoided by simply stopping, not turning into the netting. You could have injured yourself even more.
ski holidays
robapplegate, Very Happy
ski holidays
Quote:

This level of bullying and intimidation over a misunderstood non specific forum post is unacceptable and I intend to report your behavior, initially to Snowheads , then the Police ,Home Office (Fire arms registry), and via the HO your LAuthority.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Joke thread, I have to assume. Not overly funny I'm afraid, but nice try.
snow conditions
ansta1, done the Everest thing last year bit lame imho now looking for bigger and better things wink and how that hook in your cheek doing Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy