Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's frightening

Poster: A snowHead
oh dear........... transactional analysis, says child is in da house....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ooh now it's definitely worth a fresh bag. If cagey hadn't recovered admirable literacy I'd have money on a certain saviour of the UK ski industry at this point.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SO WHAT'S ANY OF THIS GOT TO DO WITH REPORTER'S? Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cagey, I know where you live
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gatecrasher wrote:
SO WHAT'S ANY OF THIS GOT TO DO WITH REPORTER'S? Puzzled

Absolutely - no sign of Comedy Goldsmith on this thread (yet!) Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This is silly, almost McCarthy, the consensus is I am a troll, so therefore. Wrong but I don't care put me on ignore but hopefully I can still come and ask for advice but probably some won't reply.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair Pink, Care for a cup of tea? The goal is to create a level of animus toward new posters and use that to paint snowHead with a bad light.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cagey wrote:
perhaps if a fine system were introduced dependant on ability then perhaps people like me wouldn't be back in the UK 6 weeks early nursing an injury because of a prat on a hard red snowploughing on a blind corner.

cagey wrote:

I am not blaming anyone for anything. I realise it was my responsibility to avoid an accident,

Sure sounds like you are blaming a 'prat on a hard red.' Or are you suggesting that you want other people fined when you ski out of control and hurt yourself?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. My whisky glass is empty but I fear I might miss something if I leave the room to get a refill.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
And we all thought that transfer thread had potential!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
robapplegate wrote:
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. My whisky glass is empty but I fear I might miss something if I leave the room to get a refill.

RUN
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ricklovesthepowder, I did. And made it an extra large one. Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cagey, I'm sorry, but it is a cowardly attack on the un-named that I think has caused you a lot of the flack. First they are un-named, then they are members of this forum who apparently, offer 'advice', that you personally feel they aren't competent to offer based on your own accident. Without any names that could be any person on this forum, and at the moment we only have your word to take for any of this. If you have been injured then I sincerely hope you recover and I AM sorry that you are injured, but unless you name names and give those accused a chance to speak up for themselves then I think you are injuring them and IMO you are being unfair.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm pretty new to skiing but not to whisky.
Keeping the bottle in a different room to that in which you're drinking is an amateur's mistake! *hic*
Little Angel
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
swiftoid, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder, robapplegate, Thornyhill, Sadly it's just the Tea Club Turds trying to create a faux crisis of animosity. It's not illegal but it is amoral . . . sort of fits with the Club's ethics rolling eyes

What may not be ethical is what I can do from over here to their personal lives . . . and not be held responsible for . . . Brother John, my friend? . . . Na, I know nowt.

I would suggest that the SCGB take in hand and deal appropriately with a small number of their members. I will be forwarding details to the Club's management. Evil or Very Mad Silly boys rolling eyes
snow report
Masque, Nice one.

Now, tell me how you do that again..? Twisted Evil
snow report
Zero-G wrote:
Lizzard wrote:
This is a forum populated largely by one week a year holidaymakers
Don't forget the 'all the gear, no idea' contingent... of which I am a card-carrying member.

At least you look hot!! ( for a man in a dress)

Mentioned the insurance earlier.

Cagey has accepted he may have been wrong, good for him. Retard.
ski holidays
Chamcham, acquaintances in low places. (the last thing they are is friends Evil or Very Mad )
ski holidays
swiftoid, keeping the bottle in the same room is an alcoholics mistake. My thinking is, if I can walk to the kitchen to get another glass I can have another glass. Very Happy
cagey, Back in the day youngsters on their first visit to the pub were told to sit down, shut up and not mention politics or religion. Snowheads is much the same. To badmouth people you don't know, in public is bound to attract the ire of all their mates in the bar. Generally speaking take a look at the number of posts made, read comments carefully and unless you like an argument don't take the pppppp.
latest report
Masque, You are a snowHead God and I prostrate myself before you Toofy Grin
latest report
Filthyphil30k, did you actually call Lizzard a "man in a dress"?

OH GOD! I want to sell tickets for this!!!!
ski holidays
Masque, No, he called Zero-G a man in a dress
snow report
robapplegate,

Nicely put.
snow report
Masque wrote:

I have never seen Lizzard in a dress.
snow conditions
Masque, And I did say Zero looked hot.
snow report
Filthyphil30k wrote:
Masque wrote:

I have never seen Lizzard in a dress.

Out of a dress but never in a dress Little Angel
snow report
robapplegate, That is the purpose . . . give snowHeads a bad name and be able to point to specifics. There are a small number of SCBG muppets trying to 'badmouth' snowHeads and promote the Tea Club's forum. They are acting, AFAIK independently of the the Club's management . . . I will provide the Club with adequate information to deal with these tw@ts . . . if they don't then the ski industry media will have all they need to effect a change of attitude. So far I've 9 threads from the same source and still looking Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
robapplegate wrote:
swiftoid, keeping the bottle in the same room is an alcoholics mistake. My thinking is, if I can walk to the kitchen to get another glass I can have another glass. Very Happy

How very dare you. I'm no alcoholic, just preserving my ski legs.
Cheers!

wink Very Happy

On topic (sort of), as a newbie myself I must say I've so far found this place to be friendly, funny and a very useful source of info. Keep up the good work guys Smile
ski holidays
halfhand, Well that would be telling. I like the way she keeps you all in order.
latest report
swiftoid, just make sure if your a beginner you don't venture near any red runs!
snow report
Or grumpy old men.
ski holidays
Filthyphil30k, which bit? Laughing
swiftoid,
Quote:

I've so far found this place to be friendly, funny and a very useful source of info.

Absolutely, new (ish) myself compared to the vets.
Masque, I'm too new to understand some of the politics (though I have read much). Suffice to say it doesn't take too much to work out what is and isn't reasonable. This forum helps maintain my sanity at times and provides endless information, amusement and food for thought. What more could a person ask for?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 6-02-13 23:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Filthyphil30k, hang onna sec. . . .Zero-G has bumpers?

FOOK! I'm getting old Sad
ski holidays
robapplegate wrote:
What more could a person ask for?

More threads like this? Toofy Grin
latest report
Thornyhill, it is fun isn't it Madeye-Smiley
latest report
robapplegate, I'm just an arѕe . . . makes it easy to see where I'm coming from wink
snow report
Megamum wrote:
cagey, I'm sorry, but it is a cowardly attack on the un-named that I think has caused you a lot of the flack. First they are un-named, then they are members of this forum who apparently, offer 'advice', that you personally feel they aren't competent to offer based on your own accident. Without any names that could be any person on this forum, and at the moment we only have your word to take for any of this. If you have been injured then I sincerely hope you recover and I AM sorry that you are injured, but unless you name names and give those accused a chance to speak up for themselves then I think you are injuring them and IMO you are being unfair.

With respect it was not a cowardly attack, it was an observation about how people big up their ability and how it can cause confusion in newcomers to a sport, unnamed was because either I didn't want to cause embarrassment or I couldn't positively identify people, just recognized them from their vague way of posting.
With reference to my accident the 2 conversations are not connected other than out of laziness I included them in the same post, I can't name the 2 people who were near my accident nor do I blame them, Where has this myth developed, although learners on that slope has to be foolhardy.
But I take your point. I apologise to all who offer in good faith advice on this Forum.
snow report
Masque wrote:
Filthyphil30k, hang onna sec. . . .Zero-G has bumpers?

FOOK! I'm getting old Sad

If I am wrong what am I?
snow report
cagey, Try that again in French, Latin, Classical Greek or even Russian . . . It's not working in English. You do nothing but continually contradict yourself. There's no myth, just your words . . . If you want to apologise for being a dick, you will be welcomed to the vast collective that is 'DICKDOM'.

Otherwise . . . well you know where you will live forever in our hearts Twisted Evil
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy