Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK snow

Poster: A snowHead
I'm about a mile from box hill, seemed to be around 3-4 inches on the drive.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can just about see Pendle ski club from my house. Not much on't t'hill.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We've had a few more inches this afternoon. It looks lovely. The drive home from work should be epic! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
At gatwick in hotel now. Roads here fine atm and majority of flights ate going - if a little delayed. Snow has stopped for now. More optimistic for 6am flight now Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Off BBC news....In Shropshire, snow forced the Telford ski centre to close its ski slope Happy Happy

on a 10am Sunday Gatwick to Grenoble fingers crossed! Good luck all
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
oldmike, That made me chuckle:lol:
Titterstone Clee was very windy and largely stripped bare. Bit of fun in the quarries and on the incline but nothing continuous. Basically don't bother.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
oldmike wrote:
Off BBC news....In Shropshire, snow forced the Telford ski centre to close its ski slope Happy Happy

Dry ski slopes are great places to visit when they're covered in real snow - after all you've got a snow covered ski slope with uplift facilities! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
One of UWE Snowsports people in Chippenham this morning:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/150989_10151242497019702_1692257167_n.jpg

(just click on it, I don't know how to embed it)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
livetoski,
Just spotted this Park Street Bristol Park street is pretty steep at least a red run!

Got some film of same guy (Brizzle Uni?) in action at lunchtime on the Brandon Hill "ski slope" - absolute carnage there Toofy Grin

http://youtube.com/v/BN9_QVtW7g0
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks to all who replied to my request!!

Eventually flew back to Bristol, 6 hours delay. I think I got off relatively lightly. Easyjet crew were brilliant - apparently they voluntarily worked over hours to ensure we got back from Innsbruck. Well done Easyjet - 20 other flights from Bristol were cancelled.

I've seen lots of crticism of easyjet - but praise should be given where it's due.

Oh by the way - I have no connection with Easyjet.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
finestgreen wrote:
raybey1 wrote:
Flying from Gatwick at 8:40am Sat Morning.

Very worried about it being cancelled. Just need to find out what to do if thats the case. Going with Crystal Ski. Anyone know?

TOM4632 by any chance? Smile

Delayed until 1305 Sad http://www.gatwickairport.com/flights/departures/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
M3 and M25 nice and clear though!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
East mids departures all running to to schedule, hope everyone else gets away ok
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Had an enjoyable morning at a local park on my X-C skis! Plenty of families out sledging, and I saw one snowboarder as I was leaving, but I was the only person there on skis (of any description).

Good exercise, I must have burnt off a few hundred calories (sadly I think Sunday lunch will have put them back on though Laughing )

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
On Uni of Bath campus yesterday...

http://youtube.com/v/EG5DjyUoPAk
[youtube]http://youtube.com/v/EG5DjyUoPAk[/youtube]
snow report
Residential streets around Swindon were sheet ice this morning. I fell over twice walking the 100 yards to the shop. Doesn't bode well for this year's trip to Morzine if I can't even stand up on the stuff Sad
snow report
I've just had my 0855 flight with Swiss cancelled tomorrow from Heathrow, but after a long hold on the phone managed to get on the 0700 instead Very Happy . No doubt something else will go wrong - travel is to be endured, not enjoyed in my experience, but fingers crossed. This way I might even grab a bite to eat in Geneva before the transfer. Why do we enjoy an activity which depends upon what most people think is bad weather Puzzled

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 19-01-13 20:13; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Have a look at BBC 2 now to see some real uk snow !!
snow report
Left deepest Oxfordshire in the early hours of Saturday on way to Bristol airport via Swindon. Happily no problems and going via Bristol looks to have been a good call.
snow conditions
Hi guys. Just stumbled on this by chance during some pretty intense procrastination in labs. I can confirm that the guys on Brandon Hill were University of Bristol Snowsports Club (UBSC).. that's actually me in the video. It was really nice to have so many people around, enjoying the snow and getting excited about us doing what we love. All I can hope for is we see some more soon!

Cheers.
latest report
And that wasn't actually the same guy skiing down Park Street. He's a UWE freestyler I know.
snow report
Heavy snow forecast for Manchester later today, and more so for the Pennines. Lets hope it comes!
snow report
Started again here in Liverpool quite heavy and it's windy too.
snow report
halfhand, we will be getting it very soon in Manchester then. Just been light flurries so far.
snow conditions
Been snowing here for 2.5 hours now. Still fairly light, but with heavier bursts.
ski holidays
Quote:

Heavy snow forecast for Manchester later today, and more so for the Pennines. Lets hope it comes!

I'd rather it didn't. I'm due to fly out to La Tania tomorrow morning at 6am from Manchester.
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
halfhand, we will be getting it very soon in Manchester then. Just been light flurries so far.

It stopped just a squickly as it started Sad
snow report
Forecast is for more snow here tonight. I'm picking up my boy from his mum in the morning, and as his first skis and boots arrived from eBay the other day, we might go up the park and see if we can find a slope for him to play on Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Stopped for the time being, but sky is getting heavier.
snow conditions
and the flakes are starting to fall again.
ski holidays
Nothing here, send it down!
ski holidays
Hells Bells, Have you tried Head and Shoulders? Toofy Grin
snow report
Currently coming down in lumps in Preston - So is probably heading Manchester way

Settling "nicely" on my side road snowHead
snow report
skitrack, It's here now near Bolton.
latest report
So that's about 1cm in 30mins - This is the "heavy" stuff according to Metcheck and we've still got the "V.Heavy" to come Very Happy

Thank goodness it's the weekend Very Happy
snow report
Lashing it down in west Manchester. Full on blizzard at times. Come on snow, do your worst!!
snow conditions
Doesn't seem to have crossed the Pennines yet. It will probably hit just as I'm about to drive home from work.
ski holidays
It needs to get to West Yorkshire, Halifax snowflex is showing through! (And you can tell I haven't skied on the stuff in about 8 years as I crashed hard trying to turn on it yesterday)
snow report
Now raining heavy in Manchester. God I hate the earthed around here. I swear I live in the least snowy part on the UK.
snow conditions
It's more like sleet here. Not cold enough for the real deal. It will probably wash all our lovely snow away.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy