Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK snow

Poster: A snowHead
Getting a bit nervous about getting to (and flying out of) Gatwick on Saturday! Sad Tell me it's all going to be okay?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On Saturday there will be no flights at all out of Gatwick. You will be able to ski of the terminal buildings. Take skis.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
With or without avalanche transceiver? It is offpiste, after all.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The forecast doesnt look too good. I would leave for the airport now. on a plus note, I saw on the tv a few nights that Gatwick has invested heavily in snow clearing equipment, on a par with Oslo or Helsinki apparently.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Tell me it's all going to be okay?

Of course its not going to be OK.

This is the price you people have to pay for having warm summers.

whereas us, who get s***te summers are probably not going to get much snow at all. DAMN.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Obviously for those people who are flying on Saturday I hope the UK airports are not disrupted, but speaking purely selfishly as a snow loving Snowhead snowHead I 'm quite looking forward to a large amount of snow falling in the UK this weekend - hopefully I might be able to get out my X-C skis! Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I will Be driving over towards gatwick way (visiting parents though as opposed to off on holiday) Friday evening and I am really hoping we don't get too much down until we are over there.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Meant to be flying from Aberdeen to Manchester at 18.30 tomorrow, slightly concerned by some of the forecasts.

The paper I was reading at breakfast said there would be 8" in Aberdeen starting from noon tomorrow, which seems a little unlikely. Met Office and BBC don't really agree, which is odd because I thought they used the same forecast.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Flying from Gatwick at 8:40am Sat Morning.

Very worried about it being cancelled. Just need to find out what to do if thats the case. Going with Crystal Ski. Anyone know?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Also on the 6am from the Gatwick South Terminal Saturday morning to geneva..

Maybe we should arrange a snowheads group hug somewhere in the airport Very Happy

Luckily I only live 12 miles away and my trusty little front wheel drive Focus hasnt let me down yet.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
raybey1 wrote:

Very worried about it being cancelled. Just need to find out what to do if thats the case. Going with Crystal Ski. Anyone know?

Have you got insurance?.

I would suggest calling Crystal now rather than during a panic when everyone is calling them to ask what alternative arrangements are normally made etc.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeah I've got insurance.

Will call them a bit later and see what they say then.

I'm travelling from Ipswich. Think Ill leave at about 3am to give myself about an hour and a half extra travel time. Hopefully be less people sliding about on the roads at that time too!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We're flying saturday morning 6am from gatwick to salzburg - have booked a hotel within walking distance of the terminal friday night just in case the roads get too bad. Fingers very very very firmly crossed. We're booked with neilson.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Generally, if it snows anywhere in Europe, Tour Operators cancel holidays completely. No refunds, of course, as it's an act of God.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
On the plus side it is only light snow forecast for gatwick and in fact there are no weather warnings in place for saturday except for ice - all the snow warnings are for friday... Desperately trying to convince myself everything will be ok Smile
latest report
I will try and log on from home tommorow and update with local conditions as the day goes on. I also have a friend that works at Gatwick for Virgin so will try and get updates from him too.
ski holidays
Yeah that will be great Tinkling, Thanks
ski holidays
Hotel cancelled, flights reorganised to tonight. Sorted.
ski holidays
Crystal wouldn't give any info when I asked them. Said they haven't planned to cancel anything and expect everything to run as planned. They wont have any info until that time as it depends on the circumstances on the day as to what the procedure would be.
snow report
Heading down to Luton tomorrow for an early flight Saturday, any bets on if the planes are still flying given the Met Office says they will have had 18 hours of light snow by the time I'm due to leave?
ski holidays
raybey1 wrote:

TOM4632 by any chance? Smile
latest report
Quote:

TOM4632 by any chance?

finestgreen, You got it wink
snow report
raybey1, if you're going with a TO, they'll get you there by hook or by crook. Gatwick is pretty good at gettings moving & have invested heavily in equipment - you may have a bit of a delay but I'm sure you'll get away.
ski holidays
what about TCX???
latest report
James the Last wrote:
Generally, if it snows anywhere in Europe, Tour Operators cancel holidays completely. No refunds, of course, as it's an act of God.

Laughing naughty Toofy Grin
snow report
Thanks cathy, that's good to hear. Made me slightly more relaxed (although the amount of snow falling outside the window right now isn't helping!)
snow report
It is not snowing in the south of England now.
latest report
Lots of delays and many cancellations at Munich Airport today due to heavy snow. We've had about a foot of snow since this time yesterday here in Lenggries and its still snowing hard. Roads are being cleared constantly but you need to take care.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just had an email from Gatwick regards the expected snow on Friday (nothing about Saturday though !)

>>If you are travelling to Gatwick tomorrow (Friday 18th January) we would just like to advise you that snow is forecast.

As a result we would advise you to check the status of your flight directly with your airline before travelling to the airport.

We would also recommend that you allow extra time for your journey as road and rail networks may be impacted. We suggest you also check with transport operators before planning your journey here.

The latest Gatwick information and flight information can be found on our website at www.gatwickairport.com and we’ll provide regular updates on Twitter @Gatwick_Airport. <<
ski holidays
Light snow now in south Leics.
latest report
Forecast for gatwick has improved for Saturday - intermittent light snow. Lets hope it stays that way and tomorrow's drive up to the hotel is ok Smile
snow report
Persistent snow in S.West Hampshire now.. snowHead
latest report
The alert for London&SE for Friday has gone up to "red" (was yellow this morning) Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
well if its cancelled then i will go home, unpack and then head back to the airport when its back open and pick a flight...always wanted to do that Laughing I am going on holiday no matter what happens!
snow conditions
It's amber not red and apparently that's more due o the potential disruption to people in london not because of the amount of snow. I hope...
latest report
finestgreen, thought it was amber for Friday for London & SE?
latest report
Yeah only red in Wales atm
snow report
Hm, you're right, the met office site is confusing. Sorry!
snow report
Anyone else going from east Mids on Saturday morning?
snow conditions
Snowing heavy in Manchester.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy