Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Poster: A snowHead
StyleMountain, you might think that Scarpa was scary too: he has rings in all sorts of places (and I don't think I've seen all of them wink ) sometimes wears combat gear, owns lots of guns and knives, has a shaved head, keeps a python as a pet and has a fearsome line in black humour. He is in fact an absolute pussy cat - well, nicer than one, actually, I'm allergic to cats - and, in common with many other snowHeads, I love him to bits! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

stuck in France right now with the parents, we're 3hours away from the Alps but I don't really fancy going alone and skiing for a weekend: it's expensive and lonely

http://www.ucpa-vacances.com Cheap, lots of people to ski with.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pedantica, but he does have a pretty damn awesome set of legs, Style Mountain, if you do share a room with him, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NAIL DOWN YOUR LOUBOUTINES Twisted Evil
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
StyleMountain, Welcome to snowHeads. Sorry you got a bit of a terse welcome. Stick around. You might fit right in.

The reasons you got pounced on are that

1) in your very first post you promoted your own website/blog in both the text of the post and its sig line. err... and in your Username...
2) you unfortunately posted about something -helmets - which has become rather repetitive. And both camps are rather defensive.
3) there were aspects of the story and presentation which were at best illogical and poorly argued.

I've looked at your site. Respect to anyone starting stuff up. I'm guessing you must be YC? And that you are more driven by the journalism side of things than the ski side of things - which is fine.

Surprised at some of the hyperbole from Canadians (I've lived there briefly - doesn't seem to fit in)

Quote:
Follow Cam on his totally outrageous adventures in Canada and more! Warning this blog is not for the faint hearted....

which includes such raunchy in-your-face stuff as

http://www.stylemountain.com/spy-optics-x-pose

and your Seasonairehead blog - which contains precisely 2 posts - the last of which was 11 days ago about something pre-xmas, although the poor girl has hurt herself

but as you say...

Quote:
Ever wondered what it's like working in a Chalet? Is it really like the film Chalet Girl with posh totties and handsome landlords? Sorry to shatter your dreams but its not, and we know this because of The Seasonairehead, our little insider into the life of a Chalet host in Tignes...Even if you couldn't give a toss about what it's like to work in a Chalet you still need to give her blog a read because it's frickin hilarious!

and the last "Outfit of the day" was in August 2012...

and I did like your interesting attitude to others images...

Quote:
We do not own the pictures and videos on this website, We are not taking credit for any of them, unless otherwise stated... © 2012 Style Mountain

Do you see any issues in that? wink snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tomb wrote:
I know the helmet argument has been done to death already, but after both my fiancée and her sister were involved in collisions on our ski holiday last week. Both through no fault of their own and both involving a head impact... I for one shall be wearing a helmet from now on!

I always find that adding a "!" adds more credibility!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Scarpa wrote:
You'll find that the scary ones turn out to be the nicest.

I overcame my fears and even went on holiday with Schuss in Boots Shocked

Happy days.... Happy feet..... Toofy Grin

And whose idea was it to finish it all off by skiing the wall of certain death? Hmm? Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Schuss in Boots wrote:
And whose idea was it to finish it all off by skiing the wall of certain death? Hmm? Laughing

Don't expect us to fill in the blanks of your blackouts rolling eyes Jeeez! The wench necks a bottle of genepi at lunch, flashes her norks at the waiter, tries to light a fart and only succeeds in melting her sallies to her knickers and she wants US to tell her it was someone else's fault?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stoat of the dead, Yep thats me. I completely understand. Wasn't exactly being creative with the username! I admit that late at night and after little sleep my brain turns to jelly a bit. You know when you're just so tired that things just come out and you often don't really make sense at all, yeah well that happened! Like I said before, don't really have a clue about forums!

Oh dear that images thing was done right at the very beginning and I keep forgetting to change it, it's completely retarded! The goggles shouldn't be there, they should be in the gear section, will change that right away. Well you got to make Canada sound interesting right?! When I was out there they did get up to some pretty ridiculous things. The thing with outfit posts is that you need to get people to photograph you, apart from the fact that I'm incredibly shy in front of the camera nobody really likes to help me out with taking the photos - this section should probably be changed to "What We're wearing" or something like that so people don't expect a daily thing. I admit it's misleading. The Seasonairehead blog, she literally just started (hence there only being 2 posts) and I'm sure you know how much work it is to be a chalet host!

This is the first season really doing the website so been testing out a lot of things to see what works and what doesn't. Honestly, I've been a bit lazy over the holidays with it. But it's in early stages still, hell of a lot of work to do! I wanted to get out and do a season this year to concentrate more on the skiing part, but the website is primarily ski and apres ski fashion. The news section probably needs to go to be honest, it's not exactly the reason somebody would visit the site. Music section is lacking content, maybe turn that into a sub section under snow sports for now. Thank you for the feedback and for taking the time to look around, there is a lot to change and it's being developed all the time (really you should of seen it at the beginning, the very thought of it makes me cringe!) But don't really have a problem with anything you've said there, pointed out some very valid issues - I'll get straight to work on it! snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard,

Thanks, never come across this but it looks pretty good!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Masque, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kooky, I've got to do something to earn pennies for the ski trips. I can't afford Louboutines though so my glamour ski resort photoshoots are being made with a shabby pair of Crocs I found in a bin wink

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 9-01-13 22:01; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pedantica, Awwww... love you too... as long as you have vodka Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scarpa, just cupboard love, then. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pedantica, I'd love ya even if vodka hadn't been invented Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Scarpa, that's better. Very Happy
snow conditions
kooky wrote:
Pedantica, but he does have a pretty damn awesome set of legs, Style Mountain, if you do share a room with him, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NAIL DOWN YOUR LOUBOUTINES Twisted Evil

I don't know what you mean Puzzled

You're only jealous of my new ski boots? wink

latest report
Masque, Laughing Laughing Remind me to ask for your help when I need to start writing my CV...... Shocked
snow report
Scarpa, Now haven't we told you before not to use your dating profile pics on this site? Laughing
snow report
Schuss in Boots, He knows you so well Laughing
ski holidays
And I'll have you know I looked very striking skiing off piste in my pulling outfit.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy