Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Poster: A snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 9-01-13 0:39; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know the helmet argument has been done to death already, but after both my fiancée and her sister were involved in collisions on our ski holiday last week. Both through no fault of their own and both involving a head impact... I for one shall be wearing a helmet from now on!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tomb,

spammer!, wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 9-01-13 0:35; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
StyleMountain wrote:
I have skied down the same run she bumped her head on, it's a gentle run. Last season there was a girl who lost control on the same run and skied into a tree, she very nearly broke her back and spent the rest of the season in hospital.

She nearly break her back because she wasn't wearing a helmet? *confused*
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rolling eyes

I am honestly considering making a promise that I will wear a helmet as soon as snow heads goes 6 months without another person starting another one of these bloody stupid threads!! Get a few of us together and there will be enough that if you do believe helmets save lives you won't post about it as you'll be risking the lives of others Twisted Evil
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

a pretty bad concussion after catching an edge on a double diamond

nasty...

Natasha Richardson rolling eyes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 9-01-13 0:36; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 9-01-13 0:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
StyleMountain, i prefer not to ski into trees personally.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
andy from embsay wrote:
StyleMountain, i prefer not to ski into trees personally.

Haha neither do I! Not really sure what she was up to but apparently she lost control and went into a tree...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

she lost control and went into a tree...

Sad for her but the better advice is to spend the helmet money on lessons.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bode Swiller, The irony is that she was training to be a ski instructor Confused
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well, given that she "almost broke her back", let's assume that she was 99% of the way there. Probably safe to assume that damage done is proportional to momentum. Momentum = speed x mass. So, assuming she weighs 75kg, if you put a very 1.5kg helmet on her you have increased her mass by 2%. This in turn increases her momentum by 2%. From our above assumption.... Oh my word, had she been wearing a helmet she would have been only 97% of the way to a broken back!!!! There we go, undeniable evidence that wearing helmets breaks backs!!

...on a serious note tho, seriously, wise up. Everyone knows its your own choice whether or not to wear a helmet. If people want to hear more about the debate stick the word helmet into the forums search engine. This thread is basically just spam, not a clever first post and a phenomenally stupid way to promote your website..
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
And there it was............

Gone!.....
ski holidays
gatecrasher,

decided to delete it, wasn't worth getting SkiG more angry! haha. Unfortunately can't delete it all completely, damn
ski holidays
StyleMountain, No one really gets properly angry here...all just banter...

But a first post without introduction, largely promoting products tends to rub a bit.

Stick around, get to know people...then promote...that's what I'd do! wink
snow conditions
gatecrasher,

Man, I'm sorry...just learnt I don't really know much about forums at all! Thought people would just ignore stuff and move on.

Well that guy got pretty angry I'd say, I'm sorry but that was how the story was told me and obviously was exaggerated, I didn't expect for it to be taken so literally. Sorry for him having to waste time doing a calculation. I'm afraid I'll just give up on forums, a friend of mine posted on here and somebody came back threatening to rape her and her friends!! Not sure about these things really. Wasn't trying to cause any harm...working late isn't always such a great idea haha. But thanks for being cool about it, much appreciated Smile
latest report
StyleMountain, Welcome to snowHeads... Warts n all Laughing gatecrasher, Gave good advice, stick around and you'll see that the majority of what happens around here is banter, mixed with a huge resource of info and advice. No idea what was in your original post, but helmets do happen to set peoples blood racing. Go figure. Slightly concerned bout your friends experience though... Are you sure you've got that right? Confused
snow report
StyleMountain wrote:
gatecrasher,

I'm afraid I'll just give up on forums, a friend of mine posted on here and somebody came back threatening to rape her and her friends!! )

Puzzled
snow report
StyleMountain wrote:
a friend of mine posted on here and somebody came back threatening to rape her and her friends!!

I don't believe this at all rolling eyes .
snow conditions
StyleMountain, I'd be very shocked to hear that on this forum tbh, as I say stick around just a little longer...people aren't so bad, take things mostly with a pinch of salt, although on the odd occasion we have been known to have a serious conversation or two...but that's pretty rare..
wink
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots,

Haha yeah it wasn't put in a forward way like "I will rape you", he said that he was going to come to where they are and "smash" them and that she wouldn't be able to get away because she has a bad leg and that she wouldn't have a choice in the matter. It was very creepy! I run a website that mainly focuses on ski fashion but we have a couple seasonaires writing blogs, in the blog he talks about his friend catching an edge on a double diamond and getting a pretty bad concussion. There are pictures of his helmet all cracked and stuff...not pleasant. I completely forgot how helmets make people feel, like I said not a good thing to work late - brain is just thinking of sleep haha! I will admit I'm a bit scared of snowheads now, not really posted on forums before Confused
latest report
gatecrasher, Schuss in Boots,

I couldn't really believe it myself, we were a bit shocked but laughed it off as a "frape", I'm sure (I hope) he wasn't being serious and it was a creepy joke. It freaked me out a little

Thank you for the advice with this, really do appreciate it
ski holidays
StyleMountain, Do you have a link to your friends post? Of course, there are always exceptions (and creeps) but are you sure it wasn't just a joke that was taken wrongly? As we've all said, this is a pretty damn good forum and there is a real good ethos here. Even without the moderators input, snowHeads generally jump on something like that pretty hard.
latest report
StyleMountain, Yep It's all clicked now... Did you read the rest of that post...but until you get to know particular people it may have come across as creepy...
snow report
gatecrasher, Do u have a link?
snow conditions
StyleMountain wrote:
Schuss in Boots,

I will admit I'm a bit scared of snowheads now, not really posted on forums before Confused

Yep, there's some seriously scary people on here
Laughing Laughing Laughing

No, it's fine. Honestly just kidding about the scary ones!
You'll like it here, but chat a bit first before promoting your website wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sequoiaboard, Boo! Skullie
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots, it was weathercams daughters ACL thread, well defended I thought, Toofy Grin
latest report
Schuss in Boots, sequoiaboard, gatecrasher,

Ah ok just found the what he said (found it in our facebook messages when we were talking about it)

"I'm not sure which one she is, but just to be sure I'll pump them all when I go out in a couple of weeks. Plus, with the dodgy leg she won't be able to run away."

Reading it again, it doesn't look like a legitimate rape threat - we interpreted it that way at first, but I'm pretty sure it was a joke but not really finding it funny...

Thanks guys for taking me in like this haha, feeling a lot better!
snow conditions
gatecrasher,

Yes thats the thread! Aha it was actually my friends dad posting for her. Oh god why would you say something like that to a girls father?! Skullie
ski holidays
Ohh, now I feel guilty! Not angry at all, although I must confess the ongoing need for people to post about helmets does get tiresome, honestly was meant as banter. Please do not give up on forums. But please also don't start your next thread as 'What is the baggage allowance on ..."or"can I take ski boots as carry on" wink

Fairly sure Einstein would have been proud of that equation tho...
ski holidays
You'll find that the scary ones turn out to be the nicest.

I overcame my fears and even went on holiday with Schuss in Boots Shocked
ski holidays
StyleMountain, half the fun of forums is provoking reactions of others, I may have done this on the odd occasion, but as you see there was no major uproar there, so take it as tongue in cheek! wink
latest report
SkiG,

Can you actually take bags on a plane?...haha I'm kidding!!! Do people not realise that the answer to those types of questions will be on the airline's website?. I really do apologise for posting about helmets (honestly wasn't thinking) although you must admit it sounded like a nasty accident. The annoying thing about talking online is you can't tell if people are being serious or not. Well since you've been a top bloke I won't give up on snowheads, I'm not denying you scared me a little haha. But apart from that I hope you liked the website, I just started it in April 2012. Need to get more content up but it takes ages to put posts up etc.

I stopped doing maths at GCSE so I was fairly impressed, I'm sure Einstein would be very proud!

Scarpa,

I saw a lot of posts about snowheads going on holidays together. Are they pretty good? All my friends are at uni/broke so I have nobody to ski with! I'm such a loner!!! Embarassed
snow conditions
StyleMountain,

SkiG, totally lost me! wink

Will take a look over your site!

Anyway bedtime!
ski holidays
gatecrasher,

I was impressed because he totally lost me too!

Thanks, much appreciated. Good night Smile
snow report
StyleMountain,Snowheads often get together for short trips or even meet up for a few runs while out in resorts but there are several big official bashes organised every year ranging from family based to off piste. I found this site by going on the first end of season bash with a bunch of strangers off the internet, that was 10 years ago. If you want a low cost way to ski with loads of like minded people then I can definitely recommend them. There hasn't been a year when I haven't gone on at least one sHs trip, often made three Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Scarpa, sounds pretty awesome. I just wasn't really sure about whether it was a good idea for obvious reasons. I'm actually in the tricky situation of being stuck in France right now with the parents, we're 3hours away from the Alps but I don't really fancy going alone and skiing for a weekend: it's expensive and lonely. My parents don't ski so I can't even go with them! Will definitely look into a sHs trip. Thanks for clearing it all up for me, I was pretty skeptical about it all Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy