Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

whitedot preachers. and my mum.

Poster: A snowHead
i took my old mum (74) through to the fridge in braehead for her first snow-like experience at the weekend.

while we were there i spotted a couple of guys skiing on what i thought were directors (never seen them in the flesh before). the younger one –john – told me that they were actually preachers but his were a limited edition design (black and darker green). he and his friend lloyd (50ish) were really friendly and offered me a shot of their skis.

john's skis were 179s. and wide. really wide. much wider than anything i'd been on before (current skis: 2013 181 suspects) but they were great fun. i think i actually laughed when i went down the second run. they turned much tighter than i imagined and really floated along. i felt i needed a longer ski and lloyd offered me his (189s i think) but my boots wouldn't fit his bindings. he then started explaining the construction, the dimensions and the performance characteristics in a very knowledgeable way.

me: so lloyd, how come you know so much about this stuff?
lloyd: i'm a director of whitedot

so, in a nutshell: whitedot skis – lovely skis, lovely company.

even my mum loved them.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I met one of the Whitedot directors in Cham last year, great guy and very friendly. Had a shot on his 189 preachers- Awesome!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd never really heard of WhiteDots prior to the PSB.. after 5 minutes on a borrowed pair they had another disciple NehNeh Now looking forward to the S9BB to try my shiny new pair Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You gotta watch those Whitedot dealers. They often hang around outside chalets and pubs as well as fridges. They will stop at nothing - including chatting up 74-year-old OAPs - in order to get access to their children and other markets.

They use those pretty green spotted Preachers to lull people into a false sense of security; kind of like sweets or a gateway ski which quickly leads on to bigger, harder and more poweful models.

You will see people already led well off the piste on these gateway skis, smiling and laughing insanely with a far away look in their eyes and taking apparently terrible risks. All thoughts of families, mortgages, jobs and homes long forgotten. They look like they've not got a care in the world but really they are actually deeply unhappy having already developed powerful and deep cravings for the Director model which brings a bigger, stronger "buzz" ( I believe they call it).

From the Director it's just one quick and easy but ultimately doomed step (there's always another dealer just around the corner ready to feed the craving) to spending your last bit of money on the powerful black Redeemers. For most this is the end of life as they know it but some people with immensely strong constitutions (Scandis and the like) will survive long enough to go on to use the exteremely powerful Ragnaroks.

The last you will see of these people is as they disappear off over ridges and peaks or sometimes deliberately jumping off cliffs in an attempt to end the terrible pain they feel, cackling out loud, screaming and gasping for air. It's a terrible way to go and there is apparently no known cure which is why you will see them always going for bigger cliffs and steeper faster slopes in a desperate attempt to feed their addiction.

maxhowarth, See how it easy it was for Kelv1n, to get hooked. Please. Just say no.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Big Paua, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
funny. very funny.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Big Paua, Brilliant Laughing

I think it was LLoyd I met at Braehead a couple of months ago, when Blues had thier ski test day, really nice guy. I'm planning to trial the Preachers when we're out in Tignes next month. It could be expensive.
I have a feeling my Recons may be feeling rather neglected this year as I'm taking the old set of Line Blends, that I picked up on eBay, with me if there is enough snowfall in the next week or so. If I get on with them, they'll be used for the back country course in March.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Big Paua wrote:
You gotta watch those Whitedot dealers. They often hang around outside chalets and pubs as well as fridges. They will stop at nothing - including chatting up 74-year-old OAPs - in order to get access to their children and other markets.

They use those pretty green spotted Preachers to lull people into a false sense of security; kind of like sweets or a gateway ski which quickly leads on to bigger, harder and more poweful models.

You will see people already led well off the piste on these gateway skis, smiling and laughing insanely with a far away look in their eyes and taking apparently terrible risks. All thoughts of families, mortgages, jobs and homes long forgotten. They look like they've not got a care in the world but really they are actually deeply unhappy having already developed powerful and deep cravings for the Director model which brings a bigger, stronger "buzz" ( I believe they call it).

From the Director it's just one quick and easy but ultimately doomed step (there's always another dealer just around the corner ready to feed the craving) to spending your last bit of money on the powerful black Redeemers. For most this is the end of life as they know it but some people with immensely strong constitutions (Scandis and the like) will survive long enough to go on to use the exteremely powerful Ragnaroks.

The last you will see of these people is as they disappear off over ridges and peaks or sometimes deliberately jumping off cliffs in an attempt to end the terrible pain they feel, cackling out loud, screaming and gasping for air. It's a terrible way to go and there is apparently no known cure which is why you will see them always going for bigger cliffs and steeper faster slopes in a desperate attempt to feed their addiction.

maxhowarth, See how it easy it was for Kelv1n, to get hooked. Please. Just say no.

Oh, ha thats awesome....might have to quote that on the website Wink)))) !!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
These people, and their deceptively pleasant ways, led to me investing in a pair of Whitedot Ones, with Jester Schizo bindings, when I was going to buy something rather more pedestrian. And lo and behold, they excelled in a week learning to Park ski in Saas Fee this summer, and led to much joy in powdery new snow between the trees in December.

I'm now lasciviously eyeing a pair of Preachers (having found the non-rockered, 89mm underfoot WD Ones fine, but not awesome in waist deep powder bowls) and something skinny and rigid for piste mornings (hello K2 AMP Charger!). Damn you WhiteDot for your superb product, great attitude, helpfulness on the phone and generally excellent service. Damn you for your peple hanging around and getting us rental-clad punters to "have a go on these, you might like them". Damn you to hell for forcing me to be a repeat customer!

PS. skied my Ones at four Tahoe resorts in December. Multiple comments and questions at every single resort. Seems other people are being sucked in by WD's deceptively decent marketing/image. WARNING: DO NOT BE TAKEN IN. YOU WILL SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY WITH THEM IF YOU ARE.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tried my 2013 Directors for the first time today; not a sniff of offpiste so I was worried this might be an error and had some Doberman Spitfire Pros in the car in case they were terrible but bloody nora they were great fun on piste! Lapped up everything I could try them on and stable as I could ask for at speed. Excellent things, very happy. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Harry Flashman,
Quote:

skied my Ones at four Tahoe resorts in December.

you are their front man, mysun, even if you won't admit it to yourself!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's an addiction, I started thinking about a pair of redeemers and was then talked into also buying the preachers, the wife soon followed with a pair of directors... and now we've just order a pair of Ones for her...... no money now, but very happy....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I suspect this is all just a clever viral marketing campaign...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bobmcstufffunny thing is there's a whitedot advert on the side of the page ( for me at least!)... it's all very clever, but all i have left to buy are the Ragnaroks and a bobble hat.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
Harry Flashman,
Quote:

skied my Ones at four Tahoe resorts in December.

you are their front man, mysun, even if you won't admit it to yourself!

You'd hope they'd pick a better bloody skier than me to be their frontman!!
snow report
bobmcstuff wrote:
I suspect this is all just a clever viral marketing campaign...

So just to proliferate this rumour even more....

As a skier of 40+ years I of course know everything (hell I even single planked for 4/5 years Shocked ) so as you can imagine when the likes of Zombie Si, livetoski and skiester tried to sell me the virtues of Preachers, I was sceptical to say the least.

At the recent PSB2012 (actually whilst testing a pair of very nice Kneissl White Star SL, I found myself numero uno paparazzo when the awesome Eva Walkner came to ski with the above reprobates (on a pair of next season dev skis). That experience alone was enough to convince me that there was something VERY different about Whitedots.

Well anyway, after a very nice lunch I was persuaded to take a pair of Preacher demos out to play....

Oh my God! Everything they say about them is true. Yes of course they are the dogs OFF the piste, but the thing is they simply defy logic (for a plank that is so wide) and they really perform ON the piste as well.

Suffice it to say, deal was struck and (even after three days earlier purchasing a pair of Atomic Theory's - now my Touring kit!) I am now the very proud owner of those ex demo Preachers

I love these skis and am truly converted Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
BenAS, the bobble hats are very nice. Sadly my girlfriend pinched mine.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy