Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Funny insight into chalet holidays and what it's like to work within one......

Poster: A snowHead
oofaafuu, Do you mean Hermione? And who the hell is called Eoin? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Swissie wrote:
oofaafuu, Do you mean Hermione? And who the hell is called Eoin? Puzzled

Someone with pretension to Welshness . . . I mean really!, those Home County urchins are far too nouveau oiks.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque, Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The blog is a bit provocative. I guess he thinks it has to be to be read by anyone.

The problem is that he has revealed a lot about himself. A few minutes searching with the information he provides reveals enough to find out where has worked and no doubt where he is working. If his employer gets to see the blog I imagine he will be back to Surrey before the season is out.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque, Smile . But Eoin's Irish. Owen or Owain is Welsh. From your helpful and more than slightly annoying house elf.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Swissie wrote:
who the hell is called Eoin? Puzzled

Here's a good example...

latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
miranda, Coo-er....he's rather gorgeous....now I know. Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
miranda, mmm, who's that? Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swissie, I don't think all Eoins look like that.....but he's not bad looking, is he?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Eion Bailey... worth a google image...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh crap . . . the girls have gone all soggy on us rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
given his occupation (journalist) I assume he is writing partly for effect.....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ansta1, I agree. Next year he'll be on the other side of the, erm, chalet. Or something.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ray Zorro wrote:
ArgyleSki, iirc, you are doing a season in Meribel - just like the blog author.

So... Is this your blog?

No, it's a friend of mine which actually knowing him, makes some people's comments quite ammusing. He's actually taking the job very seriously and working very hard to ensure all guests have a good time. I have no doubt that any guests staying with him and his wife this year will have a very pleasent time. Perhaps some people take internet blogs a tad too seriously?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ArgyleSki, Toofy Grin
snow report
They do, which is why there have been two public examples of people being fired this week for social networking 'errors'. The PR person from Sale RFC calling some supporters 'Be Nice please!' on facebook, and a salesperson from a well known sports car dealership who got into a gentle spat with some car enthusiasts on a car forum.
snow report
Yup, a lot of companies have guidelines on social media use. I would check if your company, er your friend's company, does.
ski holidays
sorry, but I found him to be completely narrow minded and unfunny. Its fine to make observations about your current guests - but to generalise (on rather obvious stereotypes) makes for a very lazy read when the writer has very limited experience so early on in the season
snow report
I thought it was alright, but nothing that hasn't been said before.

On the other hand, some of the posts above did make it worthwhile after all. Little Angel
latest report
Mosha Marc wrote:
some of the posts above did make it worthwhile after all. Little Angel

yes, that picture of Eion Bailey is rather good, isn't it? wink
ski holidays
patricksh wrote:
Harry Flashman wrote:
The guy's English is poor. His prose is clunky, his grammar bad, and he doesn't have anything interesting to say. Worst offence? He just isn't funny - he simply comes across as a whiner.

Not even slightly comparable with Belle de Neige.

Wow! You must also be from one of the clutch of postcodes in London or Surrey

I am from Surrey, it's true...

Doesn't make this blogger any funnier/more original/more able to write properly.
latest report
Not funny

Not insightful

Cliche ridden, steryotyping and unoriginal at that.

Oooh, legitimate pop at chinless wonders - how novel....rolling eyes FFS.

Could so easily have been written from darkest Kent for all it offers rolling eyes
latest report
Still waiting for next post. Let's see if our man can win over any more of this tough crowd. I just hope he hasn't been reading snowheads
snow conditions
Talk about typecasting! Unintelligent drivel. Made me want to clout him. I shan't read it again (neither will I go to his chalet if that's the sort of attitude he holds). Can you imagine sitting next to him at a dinner party?? Ugh.
snow report
patricksh wrote:
Still waiting for next post. Let's see if our man can win over any more of this tough crowd. I just hope he hasn't been reading snowheads

did you not know? EVERYONE reads snowHeads. Thats what makes it the global powerhouse that it is.
latest report
Harry Flashman wrote:
patricksh wrote:
Harry Flashman wrote:
The guy's English is poor. His prose is clunky, his grammar bad, and he doesn't have anything interesting to say. Worst offence? He just isn't funny - he simply comes across as a whiner.

Not even slightly comparable with Belle de Neige.

Wow! You must also be from one of the clutch of postcodes in London or Surrey

I am from Surrey, it's true...

Doesn't make this blogger any funnier/more original/more able to write properly.

+1
Banal, too.
snow report
If you want a funny read, buy yourself War and Piste. Literally laugh out loud on most pages, made me look like a food reading it in public snowHead
snow conditions
kat.ryb,

+1....just bought it for my daughter for her Christmas stocking and ended up carefully reading it before wrapping it up.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kat.ryb, already got it and will finally get around to reading it on honeymoon with elston in Feb snowHead
ski holidays
snowyowl wrote:
Can you imagine sitting next to him at a dinner party?? Ugh.

^

Meant earnestly or ironically, that's about the funniest thing I've read today !!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
oofaafuu, he's not having a 'legitimate pop' he's being a narrow minded, judgemental tw@t. Is he saying that he had no idea what type of people book all-inclusive chalets in Meribel?? You wouldn't catch me dead in one but he volunteered to be an on call servant for an entire season - he deserves what he gets, IMHO. His idiocy does not give him the right to publish his judgment any more than it empowers the twerps he signed up to serve abusing honest chalet workers. I'm with Nadenoodlee, if he was working (and playing) properly he wouldn't have time for a blog - ffs, why isn't the moron out skiing if he has all this time on his hands??
latest report
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
if he was working (and playing) properly he wouldn't have time for a blog - ffs, why isn't the moron out skiing if he has all this time on his hands??

Nope, it's called time management. If he enjoys writing the blog he will find time to do it. I did and still do.
snow conditions
Agree with everyone else. Comes across as a complete ***** and if I was his employer he would be on the first train home.
latest report
kat.ryb wrote:
If you want a funny read, buy yourself War and Piste. Literally laugh out loud on most pages, made me look like a food reading it in public snowHead

Read it, good laugh. Didn't make me look like any thing you could eat though. At least not from where I'm sitting.

snowHead
snow conditions
Oh great. Groundskeeper Willie is doing a season.
snow conditions
RattytheSnowRat, Must be a northern thing then? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Chris Wood741, fool, not food Very Happy
snow conditions
Masque wrote:
Oh crap . . . the girls have gone all soggy on us rolling eyes

Moist. Not soggy.
snow report
OliviaDB, I was trying to be a little less offensive than usual . . . obviously wasted on you rolling eyes
snow report
Masque wrote:
OliviaDB, I was trying to be a little less offensive than usual . . . obviously wasted on you rolling eyes

*grin* Well, soggy is an unpleasant image. Unlike puppies, I don't pee when excited.

Razz
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy