Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trousers other than jeans.

Poster: A snowHead
Occasionally I will wear a pair of well-tailored wool trousers in order to look nice. Bizarre, I know.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pedantica wrote:
Occasionally I will wear a pair of well-tailored wool trousers in order to look nice. Bizarre, I know.
Instead of pyjamas?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, Laughing Laughing (I'm not a pyjamas person at all.)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 actual wool trousers.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got a couple of pairs of navy chino style trousers, and some linen trousers for the summer. Do you not find jeans too heavy and sweaty when it's hot?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard, you don't wear pyjamas in bed? Far more practical than a onesie when you need a wazz during the night...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
feef, it's always cold where I work so jeans all year round...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen bodecia wrote:
Lizzard, you don't wear pyjamas in bed? Far more practical than a onesie when you need a wazz during the night...

I only recently discovered that not everyone sleeps naked. Confused
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
feef wrote:
I've got a couple of pairs of navy chino style trousers, and some linen trousers for the summer. Do you not find jeans too heavy and sweaty when it's hot?

Then I pull out the lime green board shorts. And no one wants to be seen with me in public.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
queen bodecia, pyjamas are for lounging around the house in. They come off to go to bed!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OliviaDB wrote:
feef wrote:

Then I pull out the lime green board shorts. And no one wants to be seen with me in public.

I've got shorts as well, but for the man about town, the linen trousers and a white short sleeve shirt is much more dapper
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OliviaDB wrote:

Please share how you discovered this - an embarrassing moment when someone slips from the sheets to put on their M&S pyjamas?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
feef, the only people who look good in short sleeved shirts are the blokes in Hawkshead catalogues. Everyone else just looks like an accountant or schoolboy, depending on age.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Monium wrote:
OliviaDB wrote:

Please share how you discovered this - an embarrassing moment when someone slips from the sheets to put on their M&S pyjamas?

Unfortunately not. I wouldn't be able to sleep for giggles were that the case. Just your average pub discussion..
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is there something wrong with my M&S pyjamas? Toofy Grin
snow report
queen bodecia, I'm sure there is nothing wrong with them as long as you don't sleep in them. OliviaDB, you mean they don't? !! Shocked
ski holidays
Quote:

feef, the only people who look good in short sleeved shirts are the blokes in Hawkshead catalogues. Everyone else just looks like an accountant or schoolboy, depending on age.

Hmmph, why do accountants always get it?? I do not posses a short sleeved shirt!! or pyjamas for that matter! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow report
queen bodecia, you live on your own, you ridiculous child-woman. Why are you bothering about clothes when you want to go for a wee in the small hours? Laughing
snow report
tangledupinblue wrote:
Hmmph, why do accountants always get it?? I do not posses a short sleeved shirt!! or pyjamas for that matter! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Hmmph! A closet accountant Shocked
snow report
At the risk of actually attempting to answer the OP's question... Toofy Grin I wear Skins compression leggings as my baselayer for skiing and just leave them on under my jeans if it's cold. Better than merino as the compression aids muscle recovery for the next day.
snow report
Raceplate wrote:
At the risk of actually attempting to answer the OP's question... Toofy Grin I wear Skins compression leggings as my baselayer for skiing and just leave them on under my jeans if it's cold. Better than merino as the compression aids muscle recovery for the next day.

Thank you!
(Does the compression actually make a difference? I wondered if it might be a sales thing rather than a real thing?)
snow report
Lizzard, Laughing

Masque, So in the closet he's in Narnia Shocked Double entry anyone? Shocked
latest report
Am I the only bloke with a fetish for ladies in thick brushed flannel PJs Puzzled

They always seem so sexy in front of an open fire in a remote mountain cabin wink
ski holidays
OliviaDB wrote:
Does the compression actually make a difference? I wondered if it might be a sales thing rather than a real thing?

Hard to say definitively as it must be 10 years since I skied without them so I don't have a comparison reference point anymore. I rarely get the leg stamina issues that I used to get though so maybe (but I also work out much harder in off-season and am a much better skier than I was then which also makes a difference). The manufacturers recommend sleeping in them too and I frequently do, particularly for the first few days when muscle aches are more likely to be an issue.
ski holidays
Scarpa, fur man fur, that's all they need to wrap themselves in . . . . but you get excited by a reptile in cling film

Raceplate, interesting, I may have some age related questions about that later
snow report
Scarpa, in front of the fire the PJs are just fine. In bed they're overkill!
ski holidays
Another vote for compression leggings from me. I run a few long distance cross country races and I really notice the difference in recovery speed if I use my compression tights post race. Couldn't tell you if it actually physically makes a difference or if it's just psychological but either way they help me recover quicker. They are also are great to wear under jeans when it's a bit parky...
latest report
Masque, Oooo... Lady in naturally harvested fur Smile Sexy as long as she's killed it herself in a tragic night of asphyxiation play.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I blame those constricting muzzles.
latest report
Scarpa wrote:
Masque, Oooo... Lady in naturally harvested fur Smile Sexy as long as she's killed it herself in a tragic night of asphyxiation play.

Ya know there ARE times when you manage creep even me out Shocked
snow conditions
Masque, you're the one who was all in favour of the man fur. How else is a girl to acquire it? Little Angel
ski holidays
adamantis wrote:
Masque, you're the one who was all in favour of the man fur. How else is a girl to acquire it? Little Angel

I miss a coma and you run down a mental pathway that is just . . . well just Shocked
snow report
tangledupinblue wrote:

Accountants get it because they wear short sleeved shirts, pyjamas, and because they always rise to the bait Very Happy And because they are accountants.
snow conditions
Why did i not click on this before (if tapping a swipey smartphone counts as tapping?) Only OliviaDB could start a thread on trousers that ends up as a discussion about (mostly) female nocturnal attire (or lack thereof) Wink

Won't divulge my preference... there's only one way to find out Wink

Quote:

Just your average pub discussion

I clearly go to the wrong pubs

Quote:

I miss a coma

I seriously don't recommend them. Diabetic or otherwise. Not the kind of thing to miss Wink

On a serious note... zip-off baggy trousers. Mine are mostly Schoeffel but the sizing is 1 higher than normal to make you feel guilty about eating too many cakes.And I love cake. Pack down small for when you go away, mine even go as handbaggage sometimes, dry quickly too. I don't worry about cold - only go outside for a few minutes between hotel and bar. Decent bars have big cosy sofas and a massive fireplace Smile
ski holidays
I always wear pyjamas in bed, they're warm and comfy and I don't like being unclothed. Enough already. Toofy Grin
snow report
queen bodecia, do you shower in a swimsuit?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy