Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trousers other than jeans.

Poster: A snowHead
Thought you'd escaped my posts, eh? Thought I'd gone quiet; thought I was sitting stroking my skis and chuckling to myself? Well, I was, but I've taken a break, so am back to bestow my glory upon you.

Yesterday, I asked someone which part of your arm you used for an elbow strike. So I'm good at seemingly obvious/stupid questions. It helps to have no shame. Or pride. Oh the shame. (Wait. Puzzled )

Intro over:

I live in jeans (and other things. I only walk around topless when it's VERY warm.). I don't understand any other clothes (aside from ski clothes), really. However, at the PSB, I did note that post ski, jeans were quite inadequate for when I was taken for a walk around town.

So, in all seriousness - what is there to wear (when not wearing ski kit) when somewhere as cold as a (cold) ski resort? Is it just thermals under jeans, or has there been some invention in clothes making that means there are actually other cloth types that can be used to make garments that are warm and non-hideous? Or should I just MTFU?

*back to stroking my skis* *they are SO pretty*
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rohan and Craghoppers (and no doubt others) make fleece-lined trousers. I have a pair of Craghoppers that have done nicely in the mountains in the evening, without overheating me in the restaurant or bar.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dmac442 wrote:
Rohan and Craghoppers (and no doubt others) make fleece-lined trousers. I have a pair of Craghoppers that have done nicely in the mountains in the evening, without overheating me in the restaurant or bar.

... ooh - I had no idea.

Thanks. Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Simply climb inside a Tauntaun.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I usually just pull on my salopettes over my jeans and just ditch them if I spend any length of time in one place.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-winter-trousers-ladies-447461?src=google

I've got the mens versions and the kids have the girls versions, just the job for evenings in the mountains. Those or my aldi softshell ski pants are my usual choice.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 23-12-12 20:19; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OliviaDB, LLBean sell fleece-lined jeans. Sorted - but you'll have to buy online from USA. Or, it's a case of some nice thin merino long pants under them jeans.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good suggestion from Bode Swiller, plenty of suitable merino in my local Aldi branches.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
MTFU wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Or should I just MTFU?

Yes.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
have a night out in newcastle and your questions will be answered
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm more interested in what skis she finally bought Neh Neh
But on the trousers front, just MTFU! I live in my jeans in resort (if they were waterproof at all, I'd probably ski in them...)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well with the thin merino everyone will think you have MTFUed (unless of course the jeans go missing at some point)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
adamantis, one of my pals learnt to snowboard in jeans, in Austria, in the last week of the season.

He got wet. Very wet. And heavy.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OliviaDB, it was very cold during the PSB, at the same time I wore light longjohns under my jeans.

Otherwise, jeans are the way forward.
snow conditions
Mr Piehole wrote:
Simply climb inside a Tauntaun.

One of these? http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/bb2e/
snow conditions
adamantis wrote:
I'm more interested in what skis she finally bought Neh Neh
But on the trousers front, just MTFU! I live in my jeans in resort (if they were waterproof at all, I'd probably ski in them...)

Happy

I'm manning! *beats chest* OW! (Do not recommend chest beating for females.)

The red stars. Decided that I'm CLEARLY going to win the lottery soon, and I'll buy some separate off-piste propers then. That or I'll get a real job, so I don't have to worry so much. wink
ski holidays
czl wrote:
have a night out in newcastle and your questions will be answered

I have no idea how they do it. Coats are apparently unfashionable. And they can't be too pished to notice - as no one drunk could walk in the heels they caper in.
latest report
These:

http://www.howies.co.uk/womens/womens-clothing/womens-organic-denim-jeans/warm-49ers-indigo.html
latest report
OliviaDB wrote:
I only walk around topless when it's VERY warm

Did I mention that I live in Florida . . . next to a beach . . .
snow report
Claude B, WTFU surely? . . . or am I completly on the wrong tack Puzzled
ski holidays

job done Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Rule 5.

I was wandering about Tignes in -20 in jeans no problem.

Jeans, timberland boots, warm socks, t-shirt and a North Face McMurdo jacket and it was fine.
latest report
Claude B, Thank you Evil or Very Mad now I just feel like an old perv . . .
snow report
Masque wrote:
Claude B, Thank you Evil or Very Mad now I just feel like an old perv . . .

You were proud of that last time it arose. The subject, that is.
snow conditions
OliviaDB, tight jeans feel cold, loose keep some warm air around them. best compromise is capri length or knee length leggings in marino wool under jeans that aren't stretch or spray on. Two pairs of heavy tights will do a better job.
ski holidays
Masque, If the hat fits wink
ski holidays
OliviaDB, Should we ever meet . . .

. . . I'm sure you'll be disappointed Neutral
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque wrote:
OliviaDB, tight jeans feel cold, loose keep some warm air around them. best compromise is capri length or knee length leggings in marino wool under jeans that aren't stretch or spray on. Two pairs of heavy tights will do a better job.

Seems a cheaper compromise than the Howies. ... £95 for some trousers? Shocked
snow conditions
Masque wrote:
OliviaDB, Should we ever meet . . .

. . . I'm sure you'll be disappointed Neutral

5'7 and 98kg? So far I'm thinking Father Christmas. (And everyone loves him, right?)
snow report
[quote="OliviaDB"]
Masque wrote:
£95 for some trousers? Shocked
and they look absolutely gopping.
snow report
Shorts, T-Shirt & Flip-Flops
snow conditions
OliviaDB, 32" waist I might add . . . slightly proudly . . . and NOT under a paunch Evil or Very Mad

However lass, my heart is irretrievably smitten to an unrequited love that dooms me to wander this Earth alone . . .
latest report
Masque wrote:
OliviaDB, 32" waist I might add . . . slightly proudly . . . and NOT under a paunch Evil or Very Mad

However lass, my heart is irretrievably smitten to an unrequited love that dooms me to wander this Earth alone . . .

Ah doom. I do love a good bit of doom. And unrequited love - so much better than having it returned and then finding the recipient doesn't actually live up to expectations, no?

Confused
snow conditions
Claude B wrote:

job done Toofy Grin

That must be Sunderland. The dark haired one has got too many clothes on for Newcastle. Laughing
ski holidays
OliviaDB, So are you my wicked witch?
snow conditions
As a taxi driver in Newcastle once told me "you can tell when it's winter the girls start wearing knickers to go out at weekends"
ski holidays
Masque wrote:
OliviaDB, So are you my wicked witch?

Don't know about yours in particular. I prefer to be 'the' - shows a certain status.
snow report
My only types of trousers are salopettes, motorcycle trousers, pyjama bottoms and jeans. If I'm not skiing, motorcycling, or sleeping I wear jeans. I can't see any purpose for any other form of trousers...
ski holidays
queen bodecia, hiking. But otherwise broadly in agreement, apart from the pyjamas. What are pyjamas for anyway?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy