Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is your favourite ski drink?

Poster: A snowHead
OK, so no doubt Glühwein will make an appearance, and why not. But there are so many different regional drinks in the mountains - what is your favourite 'on-the-piste tipple'? Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Now, where to begin.... Toofy Grin

Hot Chocolate & Rum has to be right up there for me. That's the morning taken care of.... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=94541
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chasseur, that, sounds like sex in a cup! Never heard of it before but I will be certainly trying it in January. This may sound stupid, but is it served all I've the alps or is it a regional drink?

I normally have Vin Chaud. Love it!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ricklovesthepowder, it's also nice cold and in a chocolate milkshake . . . and for that 'Morning' jolt, throw an espresso into the hot version. . . perhaps I should stick to my breky beer wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Vin Chaud, or maybe a noisette. Hot Chocolate is a fallback for poor weather...

Don't forget, rule 13
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Noisette
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lager.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hot Chocolate and Chantilly cream. Add rum for after skiing - I can't drink and ski Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sprite.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bombardino.
Green apple grappa.
Beer.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
During a ski day – Hot choc with Chantilly
Apres-ski – toffee vodka. And beer. And wine. Actually pretty much anything.
Anytime – rum. Or Guinness.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bombardino
Chocolat Chaud with rum and cream
Genepy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Austria/Switzerland: Glühwein (not so keen on vin chaud, although the one in Le Coffee bar in Tignes was actually very good)
Italy: Calimero
France: Chocko Rhum (although OliviaDB tried to convert me to Chocko-Chartreuse... err and may have succeeded)

Speaking of which, tonight is the annual work trip to the Glühwein stand in town, so take this as a warning that any posting from me later tonight may not be totally coherent. Usually get thru about a litre of Glühwein each.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ooo if we're including Après, then definitely Toffee vodka - with lemonade if I have to be remotely sensible after!! and the Skittles 'Chase the Rainbow' shots are lush too. might have a go at those tonight!! Roll on Scotty's!!
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Chasseur, that, sounds like sex in a cup! Never heard of it before but I will be certainly trying it in January. This may sound stupid, but is it served all I've the alps or is it a regional drink?

Its good...but maybe not quite that good wink

Available pretty much all the places I've been to (France, Austria, Italy, Andorra).

Vin Chaud goes into my afternoon fav list Laughing Beer into my lunchtime list (anytime from 11.30 to 2pm) and the apres list, naturally.
snow report
And after that, anything goes, really Laughing
ski holidays
pretty much anything with CH3CH2OH in it, so that excludes gluvein, vin chaud and all other nasty stuff like that.
snow conditions
chaletgirl wrote:
ooo if we're including Après, then definitely Toffee vodka - with lemonade if I have to be remotely sensible after!! and the Skittles 'Chase the Rainbow' shots are lush too. might have a go at those tonight!! Roll on Scotty's!!

Jeeez..... my teeth are screaming at the thought.. it must be like sucking on a sugar cube!
snow report
Hot Chocolate with a shot of rum - Lumumba - especially with whipped cream on top
Weissbier
Gluhwein

3 weeks until I go
snow conditions
Obviously, Jaegerbomb.
snow conditions
feef wrote:
chaletgirl wrote:

Jeeez..... my teeth are screaming at the thought.. it must be like sucking on a sugar cube!

PMSL Very Happy I suck sugar cubes too Smile and I still have my own teeth!!!
snow conditions
Gotta be a pint or two of Fischer
latest report
In Scotland I have tea Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Hot choc and chartreuse with cream and choc sprinkles of course! Very Happy
snow conditions
Hot Choc and Rum

Tomo54, they give that out free every monday in Morzine, I got my fair share last season Very Happy
snow report
Don't really drink whilst skiing (other than a few swings of whisky from my hipflask. Apres = beer (weiss, dunkel, lager, whatever), jaeger and schnapps.
snow conditions
When available Gatorade... I'm not proud of it but there you go.
VAST quantities of water, and espressos.
Apres? Good brown beer or a suitably happy hot chocolate.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chasseur wrote:
Now, where to begin.... Toofy Grin

Hot Chocolate & Rum has to be right up there for me. That's the morning taken care of.... Toofy Grin

Ah but there's hot chocolate & rum and hot chocolate & rum

Those who have tried it in the Rifugio Gimont in Claviere will know exactly what I mean. Unsurpassable
snow report
On the slope water and coffee, apres vin chaud as soon as the skiing is done, later wine finished off with a nice brandy or a vodka or two (don't spoil it with toffee!)
ski holidays
I got rather partial to bombardinos when in Italy.
latest report
Chasseur wrote:

Available pretty much all the places I've been to (France, Austria, Italy, Andorra).

Vin Chaud goes into my afternoon fav list Laughing Beer into my lunchtime list (anytime from 11.30 to 2pm) and the apres list, naturally.

Sex in cup:
http://youtube.com/v/RtlvznereUc&feature=player_embedded
latest report
Vin brulé or bombardino in Italy.
Glühwein or Heiße Witwe in Austria.

Nom nom...
snow report
Flugal drunk in traditional Austrian style
ski holidays
laura1182 wrote:
Flugal drunk in traditional Austrian style

Pretty sure Flugel is Dutch...
ski holidays
Genepi.

Clears all known blockages.
snow conditions
OliviaDB wrote:
Chasseur wrote:

Sex in cup: (link removed)

From experience, OliviaDB...?
latest report
Kaiserbier or Heisse Witwe
latest report
i can't believe Obstler hasn't been mentioned yet? ah, es, sorry, favourite tipples, not insanity drinks.

most favourite drink is the first cold beer in the hot tub after getting back from the day (when we're in a nice enough chalet!), otherwise i like the sound of a choko rum now!
snow report
At the Suppenalp in Murren, Alpenrosentee. Anywhere else, vin chaud. Yum!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy