Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

100 units per week.......

Poster: A snowHead
I probably get through that much on a summer holiday, but I don't think I could do it and get a full day skiing in every day too
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For me it's about the skiing. The only time I got very drunk it ruined a great powder day. Never again. So for me a couple of small bottles of beer and a couple of glasses of wine each evening would be the max. Lunchtime it's a picnic on the slopes and then enjoy the quieter slopes skiing while folks are dining. Party pooper... who me Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
100 units sounds about right or maybe even a bit more. Standard bottle of wine is typically 10 - 11 units and would happily have one of those each night with dinner. Large beer at lunch, 3 or 4 large ones for apres, wine and maybe a beer or a couple of vodkas/scotches as a night cap. Could also squeeze in a couple of stubbies whislt getting ready for dinner (well you got to pass the time whilst waiting for the shower to become free) Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Aside from a very occasional vin chaud we never drink during the day, and might manage a bottle of wine between two of us over dinner - at most.

I've never understood the appeal of messy nights out on ski trips. It's a sporting holiday; slope time is far too precious to waste on a hangover, and you can get wasted at home for a fraction of the cost.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ajrduff, Who said anything about a hangover wink . That early morning cold blast of air on the first chairlift soon clears any of that nonsense and we don't miss any slope time Smile .
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Layne, +1, been there too, mine was on the Vallee Blanche, not nice with a stinking hangover, never again........can drink at home in UK, why spoil powder days!

ajrduff, Yep wink

It makes me laugh when I hear peed up folks staggering back at 4am in St Anton, thinking they'll be laid in their pit until 10-11am and I'm stood looking out the window looking for first light and likely weather so I can plan the day........... one of the highlights for me is standing at the lift station as they open and being one of the first on, and going up as the snow/ sun sparkles, just love it! That first run down to Rauz from top of Schindlerbahn, full chat on-piste on a blue bird, v cold day, wow!Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I've never understood the appeal of messy nights out on ski trips.

I haven't been out on a ski holiday in last 12 years - three kids may have something to do with that - but 100 units still easily consumed by the time I've had post ski beer, few Kirs and then wine with dinner and cheese.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skill level is proportionate to units consumed at lunchtime

2-5 units a cruisy blue, is easy to do Very Happy

5-10 units a tricky red, i will knock it dead Cool

10-15 units an icy black, i will attack Madeye-Smiley

15-20 units a mogul field holds no appeal Skullie

20-25 units even my wife now looks nice Shocked

25-30 units Shaddy hey do waaaah i luuurv you Laughing

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 7-12-12 14:47; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Timbobaggins wrote:
Skill level is proportionate to units consumed at lunchtime

2-5 units a cruisy blue, is easy to do Very Happy

5-10 units a tricky red, i will knock it dead Cool

10-15 units an icy black, i will attack Madeye-Smiley

15-20 units a mogul field holds no appeal Skullie

20-25 units even my wife know looks nice Shocked

25-30 units Shaddy hey do waaaah i luuurv you Laughing

Quality Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dwarf Vader, You ski better, and I look like a Greek god ! And Mrs cstreat looks like that Vonn girl. Then I become the Herminator for the arvo! Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
One day off, one day on when on holiday....

When on a season I average 4/5 days on 1 day off. It's very hard to turn down a glass of wine when you're with a good bunch and everyone is buzzing after a great day.

Never drink during the day though. (For the fear of sounding like a preacher, and now I do!) Just can't see how anyone can ski /board to their best after that, even after a demi.

Crisp, cold, biere, 4pm onwards....Live The Dream!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jeez - I drink like an Irishman most of the time, but add altitude and the urge to be on the first and last lift every day, coupled with two energetic kids who believe a sit down lunch is a waste of lift pass time (I agree,) I usually need to fall asleep after a pint or a glass of wine during ski trips. Last trip to VT, I bought 24 500 ml cans of 1864 on the day we arrived and gave 12 of them to the cleaner when we left 12 days later. Send me to a beach or a pool and those cans would maybe have lasted 2 days if I spent a few hours in the bar on both days. Only ever skied hungover once.....it was horrendous
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Markymark29 wrote:
Layne, +1, been there too, mine was on the Vallee Blanche, not nice with a stinking hangover, never again........can drink at home in UK, why spoil powder days!

ajrduff, Yep wink

It makes me laugh when I hear peed up folks staggering back at 4am in St Anton, thinking they'll be laid in their pit until 10-11am and I'm stood looking out the window looking for first light and likely weather so I can plan the day........... one of the highlights for me is standing at the lift station as they open and being one of the first on, and going up as the snow/ sun sparkles, just love it! That first run down to Rauz from top of Schindlerbahn, full chat on-piste on a blue bird, v cold day, wow!Toofy Grin

+1.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dwarf Vader wrote:
Arno, I do think a drink around the lunch break is not a bad thing, it loosens up tied legs and just makes you ski better.

It can also contribute to being found in the main road in Saalbach .....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ajrduff wrote:
I've never understood the appeal of messy nights out on ski trips. It's a sporting holiday; slope time is far too precious to waste on a hangover, and you can get wasted at home for a fraction of the cost.

I know people who go on ski trips solely pour le lash, the reason people get pished is because it's so much more fun doing it at a Folie Douce at 2300m or in basically other venue in the alps than it is in some driech pub. Oh and +1 for the skiing hangover cure, ripping down some corduroy with mouth wide open first run in the morning is the best hangover cure I've ever tried.
ski holidays
gdizzle wrote:
...... Oh and +1 for the skiing hangover cure, ripping down some corduroy with mouth wide open first run in the morning is the best hangover cure I've ever tried.

It would certainly cure your thirst when you faceplant
latest report
It isn't a matter of an actual hangover. I just find if I drink more than half a bottle of wine with the dinner and a beer after skiing I just don't ski so well the next day.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy