Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dates not an Issue, budget is...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, just joined and have to say that I'm really pleased to have found this site by chance from a link when I googled for what channel the Ski World Cup is on today to see Chemmy do her first competitive run this year. (3PM on Eurosport 2 BTW).

This site seems like a great resource and excellent site for fellow 'snow heads' and having explored some of the solo skiers vs groups - organising trips listings, I now find myself wondering / hoping that maybe I could hop on to a last minute deal somewhere.

I'm 41 now, but straight from uni until my 30s, I spent many winter seasons in Austria and France as a seasonnaire feeding my passion for ski-ing (advanced) and boarding (freeride blues / reds and off piste mostly) and enjoying the mountain life and culture. In recent years apart from groups of family and friends going to French chalet holidays every winter, I haven't skied hard for some years and the idea of skiing alone doesn't really appeal.

I had thought I wouldn't be skiing this year, especially as I'm newly single and most of my old ski pals are either the 'snow bombing' in Mayrhofen and Pas and Sauze types (yes still) or married with small children and not going skiing. I had entertained re-igniting some old friendships with ex colleagues, who are still in senior roles within Tour Ops, however I'm reluctant to start asking for discounts or favours after some years and really don't relish the idea of travelling or skiing alone.

I'm very flexible at short notice to fill a space somewhere, anywhere, I speak reasonable French and German and know most British-visited ski resorts and am happy to share a room / facilities. I'd rather fly and transfer than drive, though I don't mind sharing driving duties possibly? I'm happy to lead or follow on piste too and enjoy some (not TOO late) apres ski. I also prefer catered chalets for the social aspects of chatting over dinner etc etc.

To summarise, anyone seeking a ski buddy / fellow traveller to help share costs etc, or a last minute cancellation possibly, then please feel free to contact me. I'm free to travel between w/c 22 Dec 2012 - 16 Feb 2013 (not half term ideally). Budget is ideally below £700 inc flights / trfs / food and drink, with LP on top.

I consider myself to be quite easy going and relatively sane too.

Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thought about one of the Snowheads bashes? It would seem like an excellent solution for your needs:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=93070

I expect it's not even too late to get a place on the Pre-season bash if you're willing to travel tomorrow!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Kieranm

Yes I did look at a few of the posts and several looked quite promising actually. I'm not free until the week before Christmas but the bashes certainly seem like a great way to meet like minded peeps. I'll keep an eye on the posts, thanks for taking the time to reply.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
chriscy99, you might look at the holidays at UCPA holidays, organised in the UK through Action Outdoors. They do a variety of holidays, in some very good centres, at very good prices. There have been some very positive reports of UCPA holidays here on Snowheads - including some gnarly off piste action in Chamonix. My son in law did a couple of trips with them on his own. He's quite shy but found them very good - always some like-minded soul to have a beer with, in the evenings. Given that you speak French (he speaks not a word) you will do even better!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chriscy99, For me looks like quite reasonable budget. Snowheads bashes should be doable for that wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi chriscy99,

If you don't mind doing the travelling bit alone then we might be able to help.

We have availability from Sunday 16th - 23rd December in Chalet Genepi for a single room for £399 for the week, fully catered with no single supplement. There are other solo travellers already booked in so you certainly won't be the only one - I think that they ski rather than board but I'm guessing that isn't a problem??

Flights and transfers aren't included but if you can get yourself to Geneva to meet our shared transfer then the return transfer costs just £80 so you'd come well within your buget.

As it's the first week of the season some things might be shut, but there are great discounts on passes which is good news too.

Let me know your thougths - website addres is below or drop me through a message with your e-mail address if you have any questions.

Happy planning!
Heather

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 2-12-12 7:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Heather.

Well, just looked at the Genepi, looks incredible value for a well maintained, well located chalet with log burner, sauna and bathrobes and a complimentary bar !

£479 inc return transfers is well within budget and this looks to be an excellent option for Christmas week. I'll have a look at flight options from the Midlands this weekend and email you on site ASAP.

You mention the other singles booked in already - are they snow heads members and, or is there any guiding service offered ?

Thanks in advance.

Chris.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chriscy99,

1 more space going in chalet in Morzine 2nd to 9th Feb. This is a mixture of a group of solos who met last year and the rest (like me) are new to the group. Ages range from 30s to 50s. Mostly intermediate. Shared rooms. £465 plus flights (transfer included)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi chriscy99 - I've sent you a pm with details.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We have a catered chalet in La Plagne £449 shared from 2-9 March & flights not nearly so bad as your struggle at Xmas---Best wishes in your search
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

We have availability from Sunday 16th - 23rd December in Chalet Genepi for a single room for £399 for the week, fully catered with no single supplement. There are other solo travellers already booked in so you certainly won't be the only one - I think that they ski rather than board but I'm guessing that isn't a problem??

Heather (ice-fire) I noticed you edited the post now. Did you change the dates as they did say 23-30th December, hence my comment about Christmas week, and as you can see from my OP, I'm only available from 22nd Dec anyway?

Confused now...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi chriscy99,

Sorry for any confusion - I sent you a pm with the details direct this morning which you should be able to access by clicking send/read messages on the top right of the screen.

Just to clarify we have availability from 16th - 23rd Dec and not the following Christmas week dates. If you aren't able to do that week and would like to get in touch direct about other dates you can e-mail me on heather@ice-fire.co.uk and I will send you through a proper quotation.

With best wishes,
Heather
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

from 2-9 March

Paris school holidays....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy