Ski Tests 2015!
10th October : OktoberTest at SnowCentre Hemel Hempstead.
The 2014-15 Season Bashes are...
PreBBWUW3 Pre Birthday Bash Warm Up Week: 25th Jan - 1st Feb, Kronplatz, Italian Dolomites.
S11BB snowHeads 11th Birthday Bash: 30th Jan - 7th Feb, Arabba, Italian Dolomites. Almost Full
BUOPiB2015 BackUP Off Piste Bash: 7th -14th March [Possibly Chamonix] - for those who were committed to these dates before the SOPiB2015 was shifted.
EoSB2015 End of Season Bash: 18th - 25th April, Val Thorens, French Savoie.
All the details are in the snowEvents forum.
If you can't see it, bear in mind you will need to be logged in to access it. Why do I have to log in to see this stuff?
- We are not a tour operator: snowHeads is a community of enthusiastic "snow-heads".
- We are boarders and skiers, beginners and experts and all different ages. Some visit the site daily, some just pop in when they're excited about (or researching) their next trip. The connection is the love of the mountains and the passion for sliding about on them.
- The bashes came about because people, who had met via snowHeads, wanted to meet up and actually ski together rather than just talk about it with each other. The result is this set of trips, spread throughout the season.
- So essentially, the bashes are for snowHeads rather than snowHeads being for selling holidays.
- The most frequent remark we get from newcomers is that everyone seems so friendly and welcoming. This is because anyone who is not friendly gets beaten and left outside in the snow for the night*
*That's the 'not true' bit, in case U were worried
Sadly I can't make the Pre-birthday or Birthday bashes this year.
Anyone interested in going for a week or so in a chalet later in February or in March ?
I was thinking of trying Austria again - maybe St Anton, Kitzbuhel or Ishhgl - but not fixed on destination.
Hopefully - Mike
Hi admin, have a hol ending on 9.3.14 (will be in the 4 valleys) so keen to join you in Serre Chevalier and then fly back with you if pos. Need to dump a car in geneva etc. Can you tell me whether I can join you a day late and which airport you will be flying back from so I can think about the car? Thanks, Michael