Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I packed my ski bag, and in it I put ....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One trip down, two to go. I will pack whatever I need, Mrs M will pack whatever she can fit in Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Packed my ski bag for the MYAsH Bash today.

2 pairs of skis (both with bindings)
6 pairs ski socks
3 or 4 base layers
3 pairs long johns
Salopettes and ski jacket
Rucksack and helmet

Came to 21kg according to my bathroom scales, so will require some tactics at the check in desk to get through EasyJet (or I just need to wear the jacket while I check in and then put it back in the bag when I take it to Oversized Baggage). Last week coming back from Salzburg I managed to weigh exactly the same kit in as 7kg. Ski boots and all clothes will need to be crammed into carry on.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowboard boots helmet and four commercial size rolls of glad wrap Very Happy

My brother in law reckons the kiwi stuff is better and asked me to bring some over Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My double ski bag takes one pair of skis and boots + clothes etc. and all I also need is my hand luggage with helmet and bits and pieces for a week. Weighs about 21kg.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I do like a packing challenge! The only time we ever weighed it all was on a flight back from Chambery and they made us weigh handbaggage - skis (big heavy volkls), boots, snowboard, boots, ski kit for 3 including helmets as youngest wasn't yet on snow including obligatory tonne of snacks and husbands assorted electronics for filming etc and the whole lot was 64kg. Most annoyed at having had to pay ski and board carriage even though we were well within the package allowed limits of just luggage for the 4 of us.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jbob,
Quote:

A friend of mine was asked to open his ski bag at the airport as it was a trifle heavy. He had 7 frozen chickens in there.

You cannot leave it like that - please tell us why he was smuggling chickens?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When I lived in Iran but sometimes skied in France on leave, on the return journey to Tehran the tips of my skis were 'protected' by several plastic bags of powdered malt. Helped the home brew very nicely. Iranian Customs never cottoned on. rolling eyes wink rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy