Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites Snow/Weather 2012/13 season.

Poster: A snowHead
Mollerski, If I get chance to get on the slopes (instead of spending my days putting up curtains in the chalet - sigh) I'm looking forward to seeing a huge grin on your face as you fly down the empty pistes without a queue in sight Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
victoriac,

I'll pack my http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-341219/itw-paslode-im90i.html?gclid=CPy_vKanjrQCFW3MtAodKDEAGg. and lend it to you. It'll sort those pesky curtains PDQ and get you onto the mountain. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
-12 and sunny this morning on Ciampinoi Cool 11 days and counting

http://www.valgardena.it/en/ciampinoi-live/page256.html

Seceda looks awesome

http://www.valgardena.it/en/seceda-live/page207.html
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Several Arabba forecasts suggesting 10-13cm in the next 7 - 9 days with freezing level down to 1450 snowHead Appreciate these things can change, but looking good for the 22nd snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I found this report from a few days ago on youtube

http://youtube.com/v/Z78CDDG3mZY&feature=youtu.be
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice.....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
.....verrry nice....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mollerski, That made me chuckle! Very Happy
Bring your thermals - it's freezing.
Snow is in great condition, Sella Ronda is open both ways and the glacier cablecar is running.
Fantastic start to the season and more snow arriving at the weekend.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Woohoooooo snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.arpa.veneto.it/previsioni/en/html/meteo_dolomiti.php
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I watched to mens giant slalom at Val Gardena this AM on eurosport -- started snowing half way through !! Smile (bit hard on the late starters, but good for everyone else....)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We are here! Skied twice this week - Alpe di Siusi & Colfosco. Conditions are excellent! And there is no one here!

We are here for the rest of the season - until late March'ish, so dont hesitate to ask if you need more info.

Tomorrow - Saturday 15 Dec reporting LIVE via Twitter @Inspireditaly from the Camel Humps Saslong Classic for the Audi FIS Mens Downhill!

PS its snowing gently as I write....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hello Timmy, glad to see you posting on here...as you truly are a local expert. Hope to see you both 12 - 19 jan! snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ms D! I will be around! Just had a great day at Saslong watching the Mens World Cup Downhill!

Great day and prob 10-15cm of fresh snow. And we're having baked potatoe and baked beans for dinner - cos you can buy beans in the supermarket here! Great day!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Washed down with a Spritz I hope! What is it with baked beans? Skipper had me take an oversize fridge pack out to Sardegna for him.
So excited about my trip, less than 4 weeks!! Cool
ski holidays
victoriac, Perfect conditions over at Seceda today. How are those curtains doing? Happy
snow conditions
gallabar, hope you have a nice time out there. Did you ever get your bindings fixed on your Volants? FYI this is Andrew and Marcia who shared Sueski's trip to Cortina with you and your partner. I remember her speeding back to Arabba so you could get the last lift and that you had a binding that had become damaged.

We are out there again at the end of Feb. Can't wait snowHead
ski holidays
Arabba now reporting (well the SKGB is):

Upper piste depth 158cm
Lower piste depth 62cm

With another 8-9 in the next week.....there on Saturday Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
Chasseur, good stuff - have a great trip - I've got to wait until mid-Jan but it all looks good!

strange that they give that depth for Arraba but only 20cm-70cm for Selva, 15-80 for Canazei, 40-80 for Madonna di Campiglio? Has Arraba got a special 'snowhole' status or do they just have a differently calibrated stick!?

Anyhow the pistes look great and I can't wait to get a first taste of the dolomites! snowHead
latest report
lib-banana wrote:
Chasseur, good stuff - have a great trip - I've got to wait until mid-Jan but it all looks good!

strange that they give that depth for Arraba but only 20cm-70cm for Selva, 15-80 for Canazei, 40-80 for Madonna di Campiglio? Has Arraba got a special 'snowhole' status or do they just have a differently calibrated stick!?

Anyhow the pistes look great and I can't wait to get a first taste of the dolomites! snowHead

Considering it was snowing for a good part of the day on Saturday in Selva, i would be suprised if the mountain depth was still at 70cm. I think it was at 70 cm last week so can't believe it hasn't increased any

In the past Arraba always seemed to have the highest depths in the Dolomite region. I do wonder if the mountain depth for Arraba is referring to Marmolada though?
latest report
Skied Arabba today. Excellent cover, as good as I've seen it after 13yrs of visiting the region. Selva is also in excellent shape, the recent snowfall has freshened things up perfectly.
snow report
Hello Andrew and Marcia, nice to hear from you! So I got a temporary fix from Nico's at the bottom of Cherz. I took them back to the shop when I got home, and he was kinda not believing me when I told him what had happened!!
He gave me credit note for £60 (I have yet to use it!) Anyway, I'm still a total Dolomites addict. In Feb 2012 I did the most amazing thing ... I'm sure you would love it. We went on a ski safari staying in rifugis, so got to see all the bits that you pay for on your Dolomiti superski pass, but never get to, because they are are bit of a taxi/bus away. Our leaders arrange those pesky little 10 minute rides between piste maps and everything worked just perfectly. I think I can now safely say that I've ticked off all of those 12 piste maps!! Staying in the rifugis was just AMAZING. It was great waving bye bye to everyone who had to go and stay in their valley hotels....whilst we just started the party as the lifts closed at the TOP of the mountain. We had fabulous food, wine and service at all the rifugis. They wre all so cosy and warm and full of character. The added benefit of course was waking up at the top of the mountain with NO- ONE else there, eating breakfast and making fresh tracks to start a new days adventure. We never skied the same piste twice, except for the morning we were at Marmolada and had a race to see how many up and downs one could do before midday! I hope its not illegal to put this on snowheads but their website is www.InspiredItaly.com
snow report
gallabar, the ski safari sounds brilliant. If you have any photos please post them if you have time. I like the idea of doing some thing different in the Dolomites without necessarily it just being off piste touring etc. What happens with your luggage and do you have to take essentials in a back pack every day?

Sounds a good option for next season unless we go twice, although its probably a little expensive as a second holiday. That said, you only get one life Very Happy
snow report
Fabulous skiing around Arraba today.

We drove over from Cortina on summer tyres as the sun has kept the road clear.

Looking forward to doing the sellaronda tomorrow... as long as the diesel doesn't freeze again.

I see now why one would never ski anywhere else Smile
snow conditions
Fabulous skiing around Arraba today.

We drove over from Cortina on summer tyres as the sun has kept the road clear.

Looking forward to doing the sellaronda tomorrow... as long as the diesel doesn't freeze again.

I see now why one would never ski anywhere else Smile
ski holidays
POKEMON

you could try this (just for a taster!) - http://www.rifugiolagazuoi.com/indexUK.php - take an overnight bag and miss out on one night in the hotel!!
snow report
Stayed in Selva last weekend and spent 3 days skiing the Dolomiti area for the first time.

Have to say I was hugely disappointed.

Disappointed that, for one reason or another, this ski area has escaped me for over 25 years.

We were fortunate to have really good conditions, especially the last day when the sun was shining on several inches of fresh. Slopes perfectly prepared, modern lifts and scenery to die for. James Bond run down to Ortisei one of the best of all time.

There's a really good base and anyone heading out for Christmas will surely have a blast.

Good to meet with you Mollerski, hope you enjoyed the rest of your week.
snow conditions
the ski safari does sound brilliant, a way of doing some "touring" without having the ability to cope with proper touring. It seems you carry your own stuff for the 5 days - can't see that being a problem, all the heavy stuff is on you, you'd just need a "wash one and wear one" set of underclothes and base layers, modest toiletries, hut slippers. Not for those people who complain they can't possibly go on a week's holiday with a modest baggage allowance. Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Exactly pam w. All the rifugi, bar one, provided shower gel etc anyway. All the others on your ski safari are in the same boat, clothes-wise, so no worries there. All have fab showers etc. In fact we had en suite facilities in every one apart from Laguzoi! Hardly "roughing it" in the huts...the one at Buffure (I think) had 4* hotel standard ensuite rooms!
snow conditions
Out of curiosity, given the weather patterns, what are things looking like over the next 3-4 days in the area from the local's perspective?
snow conditions
Not a local's on the ground perspective but.... http://www.arpa.veneto.it/previsioni/en/html/meteo_dolomiti.php

According to these guys the rain threat seems to be weakening.
snow report
hammerite, not a local yet, you mean wink

Thanks. Several sites I've been looking at suggest the freeze level at, or around the town height on at least one of the days when the precipitation looks high - snow being the outcome predicted at the moment.
snow conditions
3 hours of "work" and 2 sleeps left Very Happy
snow report
Just gotton into the UK after a 13 hour drive across Europe. What a week! Day one gave sun, the snow had plenty of base cover, but was a little scaped off. On day two it snowed solidly which gave close to perfect piste conditions for the rest of the stay. Lots of sun, a stunning trip. Good to hook up with Smithski and pals.
snow report
Just gotton into the UK after a 13 hour drive across Europe. What a week! Day one gave sun, the snow had plenty of base cover, but was a little scraped off. On day two it snowed solidly which gave close to perfect piste conditions for the rest of the stay. Lots of sun, a stunning trip. Good to hook up with Smithski and pals.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 22-12-12 13:13; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Mollerski,

Good to see that you had a good time Smile . One question, if I may, - Is it a lot cheaper to DIY the dolomites rather than go with a TO (Crystal/Inghams etc )???
ski holidays
albob,

Good question, less than simple answer.

If it's the Dolomite region that you wish to visit, you could find a very keenly priced deal with a TO to a smaller, off track village. A pal of mine is flying into Campitello today. Campitello is a small, one lift village at one end of the Sella Ronda which will be much cheaper than Selva. Selva is the most expensive resort probably in the Dolomites for good reasons, IMHO, it has pretty much everything .

DIY gives me much greater flexibility (Weds to following Thurs this time), unlimited baggage and my fave hotel. When I take my whole family of 6 in one vehicle inc luggage for £650 door to door, it works out as great value.

So, in short, not necessarily cheaper, but DIY offers far greater flexibility and independence which makes for a nicer experience IMV.
ski holidays
Ok - thanks for the reply.
The pal I go skiing with has always wanted to do DIY ; but, by organising the flights/transfers/hotels ourselves. I've resisted, because I dont think we can do it much cheaper for the extra hassle involved..... : Having said that, I notice that peeps going on the Snowheads BB in Arabba seem to have been organising things 'independantly'.......!
snow report
Wow! What a first day. After the mad transfer day yesterday with diversions to Salzburg and delays caused by low cloud at Innsbruck, today was a bluebird day. Awesome, awesome skiing. Apres mode switched on! (via SMS)
snow conditions
Chasseur, Where are you based?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy