Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites Snow/Weather 2012/13 season.

Poster: A snowHead
Bartezki wrote:
Found this video of the new lift from Covara to the Boe summit
http://www.youreporter.it/video_Alta_Badia_novita_stagione_nuova_cabinovia_Boe

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

Looks great - only 97 days and I'll be in Corvara!

Some other Alta Badia videos on that page.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bartezki, Is that an extension to the current lift or a new one?
Can't find a map for it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chasseur wrote:
Arabba:

Upper piste depth 130cm
Lower piste depth 45cm

snowHead

Another 10cm forecast today, with freezing level well below the resort Cool
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ahh I see, its an upgrade to the old one. So no new toys then Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cabins look smaller to me (and yellow.....)

found this on t'internet - looks like they changed the colour for 'environmental' reasons (what, to yellow !!!!) Smile Smile

http://www.snowalps.com/ski/altabadia/news/alta-badia-2012-13-nuova-cabinovia-tra-corvara-boe
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
albob wrote:

found this on t'internet - looks like they changed the colour for 'environmental' reasons (what, to yellow !!!!) Smile Smile

http://www.snowalps.com/ski/altabadia/news/alta-badia-2012-13-nuova-cabinovia-tra-corvara-boe

They are smaller - they've increased capacity from 2,200 ph to 3,000 by having more but smaller gondolas.

I like the slots in the floor for skis (at about 00:51 in the video) - they look better than pockets on the outside of the doors.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
agw wrote:
albob wrote:

They are smaller - they've increased capacity from 2,200 ph to 3,000 by having more but smaller gondolas.

I like the slots in the floor for skis (at about 00:51 in the video) - they look better than pockets on the outside of the doors.

Will be interesting to see how much it eases the crowds on the Sella Ronda circuit. I'm sure they have done their homework but to me it doesn't appear to be a huge capacity increase (Roughly 13 extra people per minute). We shall see!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sella Ronda crowding is all a matter of timing. Ski in resort for an hour before setting off and it's rarely that bad. wink

TBH, I rate the SR as a waste of a decent days skiing. Use sections it to get from A to B for sure, but to just complete the circuit is pretty much a day of riding lifts. Confused
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Totally agree with Mollerski, our chalet host did 2.5 laps of it in one day! Its a short days skiing for my 8 weeks intermediate style and we finished around 3 having set off from san cassianno (20 mins from circuit) around 9am.
Have fun! snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
i would agree in general -- The improved lift system/pistes has led to it become too 'easy', which leads to crowds/churned up pistes etc.. Bring back the Drag Lifts I say....!! Wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Blimey! I was quite looking forward to heading put there until you miserable feckers tipped up wink Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think they have made them yellow to match the Col Alto and Colfosco lifts in the valley, I get confused enough navigating without making all the cabins the same colours Confused
18 days and sat with my helmet on, is it too early to get my boots out???
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
18 days for me also. Strangely, I have my helmet out too.....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
9 days. Helmet in my drawers.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
"...is it too early to get my boots out???..."

No -- you haven't worn them for a year : they might not fit/gone mouldy/been eaten by mice/peed on by the cat !! Cool
Get them out now, wear them while watching TV -- you know it will make u feel better............ Neh Neh Madeye-Smiley Laughing
ski holidays
smithski wrote:

That sounds a bit uncomfy Shocked
ski holidays
SteveM wrote:
smithski wrote:

That sounds a bit uncomfy Shocked

Depends on whether she's still wearing the drawers or not. wink
snow report
helmet's or no helmet's, it's looking pretty nice out there

snow conditions
17 days for me. The helmet and boots both got an outing at the end of Sept with a trip to Snowworld in Landgraaf (was there to watch the cycling, so had to have a little slide). Might get a couple of hours in at MK just to make sure everything fits.

Loving all the snow falling at the moment. Forecast looks like there'll be a couple of cm every day for the next few days too which is nice.
ski holidays
I can feel a mountain hut meet building, Frania on the 24th anybody?? Cool
snow report
I must try not to watch this thread for a while now, not going till the birthday bash in Feb, but looking forward to it already (as may be tiffin).
snow report
Bartezki, having not been to the area before I have no idea where Frania is, so not sure if I'd find the place! I'd have to convince the OH and Jnr that meeting strangers off the internet is a good idea when they could be skiing too Laughing

(I've actually been to Norfolk to meet strangers off the internet before to do a 24hr relay race, but I left the crew at home for that one!).
ski holidays
hammerite, Norfolk, you say.....
ski holidays
Toofy Grin
ski holidays
smithski wrote:
helmet's or no helmet's, it's looking pretty nice out there

I had a look around the Webcams this AM - the piste-bashers had been busy in the night, with the pistes all looking pristine : The 'cabins' were in place on the Dantercepies lift :Three or four guys busy putting the Start Hut up at the top of Ciampinoi : all under bright blue skies -- looked ACE !! Smile
ski holidays
1-5cm forecast for Fri night. Madeye-Smiley

That'll be 5 days and counting. wink
latest report
hammerite, Your right, we are all freaks and weirdo's in Internet land, but not as freaky and weird as Norfolk folk (joke)
It was just a suggestion to put faces to names over lunch somewhere, Frania is my favourite place to grab a bite, that's why I suggested it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Bartezki, where is Frania? (always looking for good Hutte suggestions - 5 weeks to wait though)
Already got Scottoni's and Curona marked off as lunch stops.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Freddie Paellahead, Scottoni's definitely. Where is Curona? Is that the one above Selva?
ski holidays
JohnHSmith,

Above Ortesei. Top of Seceda (above St. Christina) left, left as you look up the hill. First hutte you come to.
ski holidays
We're in ski school for 3x1/2 days, presuming these will be put first 3 days like other places. Jnr's and I still need ski school (we get about fine, but I want to keep improving). The OH is in them to iron out some bad habits and so she doesn't need to ski alone.

No idea what progress we'll make just in the afternoons on those days getting around the rest of the area. But will try and work out where Frania, Scottoni's and Curona are. I'm terrible with hut names and they just become "the one under the x lift", or "round the bend next to the x"!
ski holidays
IT'S OPEN!!! Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.valgardena.it/en/ciampinoi-live/page256.html
snow report
Freddie Paellahead If you select hutten and go straight up on the map from Covara it's the third hut to the left, fantastic views from the sun deck, nice blues to get the legs going after a pretty good lunch, can recommend the spicy pasta, you'll be an hour before you put your hat on again. Embarassed

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/altabadia/de-DE/skimap-skikarte-alta-badia-1833DE.html

hammerite We generally spend a few days over Covara, San Cassiano, Hidden Valley, and will be doing the Sella Ronda, so in the area of Arabba at some point if anyone wants to suggest somewhere over there. Cool
snow report
Lovely sunrise on the Piz Arlara webcam this morning -

latest report
agw nice! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Wish I was there now, Feb can't come quick enough.

This thread is turning into the "Calling Sella Ronda fans ....", but heh, who cares!
ski holidays
SteveM wrote:
agw nice! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Wish I was there now, Feb can't come quick enough.

This thread is turning into the "Calling Sella Ronda fans ....", but heh, who cares!

Well - the thread is all about snow and weather in the Dolomites and that picture has both!

Can't call myself a fan yet as this season will be our first visit to the Dolomites - looking forward to a different experience after the last six ski holidays in France.
latest report
I get out there on Sunday - can't wait! snowHead
latest report
victoriac wrote:
I get out there on Sunday - can't wait! snowHead

You beat me by 3 days. wink

If I bump into you and your guests in a lift queue out there, I will be beaming with positivity. Rather than, the moaning broadside I dished out in the 1hr gondola queue in Bansko a few years back. Confused Laughing
ski holidays
Going on the 16th !! Looks like the Lagazuoi lift to ski the hidden valley doesnt open till the 22nd, my last day, hope I can make it. This will be my 3rd trip to the area and I ve never made to the hidden valley yet. Anyone know when the 3 lifts to the top of the Marmolada will open ?
snow report
"...Anyone know when the 3 lifts to the top of the Marmolada will open?..."

according to the 'fassa' website it is 07/12 -- but from experience, it depends on weather conditions - i.e. if it is toooo cold, lifts are closed

http://www.fassa.com/EN/Opening-and-closing-dates-of-lifts/
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy