Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites Snow/Weather 2012/13 season.

Poster: A snowHead
scoman wrote:
A week on Saturday and counting.....

Me too!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lots of snow yesterday led to great conditions under foot with empty pistes. Found a large stretch of untracked powder on-piste at 2.30! Has snowed about 5cm overnight again.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only 2 days to go til we go out. My only concern now is actually getting out there. Heavy snow forecast in my area for tomorrow morning and Bristol Airport was closed after 5cm of snow a couple of years ago......let's hope they're prepared. Won't bother to pack my board too securely as there are plenty of hills near the airport! wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Today skied the Sella Ronda anti- clockwise with a diversion to do a few of the runs in Corvara. Lunch at the Panorama above Selva. The weather was initially poor but by the end of the day full sunshine. Excellent on-piste conditions. Off-piste already tracked out at Belvedere but knee deep elsewhere.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Out of interest how cold is it feeling in the Dolomites at the moment? 9 days to go...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Minion1980, cold Sun/Mon this week, was on 4 layers under jacket, long johns under trousers and still felt a touch cold by about 2:30/3pm (that said we didn't stop for hot drinks etc)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi kitenski, thanks for letting me know, I've never actually been in the mountains at this time before as I usually go in March which coincides with my birthday and I am always very warm with just my base layer and big thick jacket over the top. Looks like another layer or two may be in order snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are booked in for Corvara for Feb 9. Is it fair to assume this will not melt in the next four weeks, therefore guaranteeing us decent snow?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Minion1980, My jacket is a shell, so you maybe fine with less layers than I had on....I usually wear either one or two layers + shell jacket over Easter myself.

Geno, there is no guarantee but I suspect you'll have a good holiday.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The day has finally arrived.

Bristol airport is open and snow forecast in Canazei all week.

See you on the other side. Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Now home. Yesterday skied Hidden Valley. Disappointingly busy. 30 mins + wait for Lagazuoi bus. Scotoni's full and too cold to sit outside. Horse drag surprisingly fast!
The snow was once again fantastic, even the descent from Port Vescovo above Arabba was not too bad on the way home. 45moles covered in total.

Now I've got the Ski Amade to look forward to.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Freddie Paellahead, wrote

"......45moles covered in total....."

You will have the 'Mole Protection League' after u ! Wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Started the day at Campolongo Pass with first stop at Santa Croce for coffee and the delicious Kaiserschmarrn. Superb snow conditions all day and quiet pistes probably due to it being change over day for lots of places. We have enjoyed two perfect days so far but extremely old. Weather now set to be more changeable and milder but snow has not started yet and it's 8 o clock pm now.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Returned yesterday from a week in Canazei. It snowed almost constantly from Sunday to late morning Thursday, so snow cover is excellent. Unfortunately, that meant that visibility was often poor, so we spent a lot of time in the trees in Val Gardena where it was clearer and more sheltered.

Thursday afternoon the sun finally came out, so we went up the Marmolada on Friday. It was -13 at the top, but no wind so didn't feel too cold. Wednesday was the worst day for cold - we went to Alba where it was snowing heavily and very windy, even though it was only about -7.

Avalanche risk is on Friday was 4/5 and the Marmolada and Porto Vescovo lifts have been closed intermittently throughout the week, so be aware if you need to return via Arabba clockwise in poor weather. A few other pistes also closed due to avi risk, piste 4 to Selva from Ciampinoi comes to mind (even though you can see its untracked beauty from the lift!)

More snow due next week.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just waiting for our coach to Innsbruck for flight to gatwick - wish us luck!

Currently snowing hard here - torrential with very big flakes - so much snow this week - fantastic powder days and really set for those coming in the next few weeks I'd think- enjoy the Dolomites!
ski holidays
Arrived late Saturday evening and up at first light this morning. Snowed all day giving off piste conditions on piste in most areas. Didn't ventures far and stayed mainly in the Belvedere area, but found ourselves on our way to Arraba at one point. More than enough snow just need some sunshine now to get a few snaps. Love the place already.
snow report
I've just spent some time reading all the great posts! My first visit to Selva on 2 Feb - really looking forward to it. Thanks for all the great tips on where to eat and where to ski - counting down the days now, going to pack my bag tomorrow!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
Sue Cymraeg wrote:
I've just spent some time reading all the great posts! My first visit to Selva on 2 Feb - really looking forward to it. Thanks for all the great tips on where to eat and where to ski - counting down the days now, going to pack my bag tomorrow!!! Very Happy

Selva is completely awesome Sue. Crazy cheap coffee and hot chocolate, superb views, great skiing, normally good weather - you should have a ball. Two weeks until my third expedition to the Dollies and I can't wait.
latest report
Sue Cymraeg wrote:

check out Cafe Mozart for coffee and cakes - the Grill room at Hotel Armin for a night out meal
snow report
It's been a fantastic week of powder in the Dolomites, we went down to San Pellegrino to try out the freeride area which was awesome.
There's been tons of snow and now the sunshine has come back and conditions are great on and off piste.
ski holidays
Anyone in or near Folgaria next week? Have searched the forums for info, but nothing doing.
snow report
dorsetboy wrote:
Anyone in or near Folgaria next week? Have searched the forums for info, but nothing doing.

folgaria is in the Brenta Dolomites - there is a relevant thread

here ---- http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=92654
ski holidays
Sue Cymraeg, there will be more than 50 snowheads in Arabba that week, get in touch with us!
ski holidays
Just arrived back last night and wow, what a week. Managed to get our mate up and boarding down blacks my the end of the week. Did the Sella Ronda clockwise and went up the Marmolada. Managed to cover 160km on a board in the week according to the tracker thingy on the Dolomiti Superski website.

Really was a snowboarders paradise with deep powder all week with lots of easier off piste areas that were easy to crawl back out of after a flat spot tumble. Pistes started to firm up from Wednesday onwards which allowed the bashers and groomers to get out and do their stuff. This really pleased the skiers in our chalet who decribed the conditions as some of the best they had skied in.

Apres ski was great and we had several visits to the Rosengarden, Ski Paradis and the Kaiserkeller.

All in all a great time was had in a beautiful part of the world. We will definately be going back.
ski holidays
SteveM wrote:
Sue Cymraeg, there will be more than 50 snowheads in Arabba that week, get in touch with us!

I make it 78 snowHead!
snow conditions
Around -1 today, cloudy but with visibility. Warming up to maybe +7 by Wed, with sunshine though, so it should be good this week!
ski holidays
It's great that there's so many snowheads in the area when we're there. Any snowheads staying in Selva itself? Very Happy
ski holidays
Sue Cymraeg, yup. there were a couple on another thread somewhere. (trying to remember which one)

edit: oh it was the s9BB thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=89098&start=800
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Andy, I'll have a look at that.

By the way, can anyone recommend a great bar that might be showing the rugby 6 nations on Saturday in Selva? We arrive around lunchtime so hopefully will be able to fit in both the Wales v Ireland match at 2.30pm local time and the England v Scotland one at 5pm? Very Happy
snow report
Quote:

can anyone recommend a great bar that might be showing the rugby 6 nations on Saturday in Selva?

+1 to that - need somewhere in Selva to watch the Eng v. Fra game on Sat 23rd at 6pm local time...
ski holidays
Sue Cymraeg, Theres an Irish Bar called the 'goalies pub' on the main road down from the Ciampanoi gondola - about 5 or 10 mins walk down - don't know for sure but guess they might show the rugby? try a google?
snow report
Thanks for that lib-banana. It wasn't obvious from their website that the rugby is on, so I've emailed and asked the question! Hopefully I won't be the only Welsh supporter in the Irish bar! S Very Happy
snow conditions
Yello's bar has big screen tv as well, and not smokey like Goalies, they allow smoking in a section of the pub, which is good if you partake, but not so good if you don't, and Saltos at the top of town is intimate (small bar behind where the Sella Ronda crosses the road) and I watched England vs Italy there last year, great atmosphere.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 29-01-13 9:17; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Sue Cymraeg,

The Saltos bar is right next to the Ski School office and is where the Ski Instructors hang out --- (My Girlfriend quite liked it in there - I didn't !! )
latest report
Thanks guys. The Goalies pub replied - they don't have a tv! So it'll be Yello's or Saltos on Saturday then! Very Happy
latest report
Snowing loads in Selva right now: looks set to snow all day.
snow report
20cm of fresh snow in Alta Badia overnight.

Cold and sunny today.
latest report
Just had a look at Verona airport site, they must be expecting widespread snow!!
'10/02/2013
WEATHER WARNING
On February 11th and for the following few days adverse weather conditions including likely snowfall have been forcasted. As a consequence Verona Airport flight schedules may be disrupted. Travellers are advised to check the status of their flights with Airlines, Tour Operators or travel agencies, before leaving for the airport'.
Hope it's all sorted for the weekend snowHead
snow report
How much did actually snow? According to official website, 5cm fell in Selva. However, J2ski reports it as 45cm?
ski holidays
http://www.ilmeteo.it/meteo/Selva%20di%20Val%20Gardena?refresh_ce

Looks like a bit of fresh snow forecast over the weekend in time for a mostly sunny week next week.

Heading out on Sunday with the 1/2 term hordes for my first trip to The Dolomites, can't wait! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy