Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NEED ADVICE. New to the sport but so very keen!

Poster: A snowHead
ladtalk, Have a look at pilaski.co.uk and send her a note - but there will not be any last min cheap deals with them but Pila would suit your requirements and be reasonable price. You would have to do Flights to Turin in addition but Carole would sort rest out.

Very good lesson and huge high up teaching area (on a Gondola so you can come down that way too and save the bottleneck run that all resorts have - which are very hairy, as quite busy, when a learner) so snow should be ok for you. We are going there after you and don't expect any problems with lack of snow.

Can you get to Turin though from where you are cheaply - Stanstead does flights so should be good for you.

Not disagreeing that the UCPA is a good way of doing it on a budget, or wait for a package.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Another plug for Livigno. Ideal for beginners, lots of easy wide blue runs, good altitude so good snow. Duty free, so relativley cheap. We're going back this Christmas, getting excited!

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ladtalk, The best time for France is march is that correct??

March is about the best time to ski anywhere in the Northern Hemisphere.

Days are long the weather is better ... just go two weeks before Easter.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
found this...

http://www.crystalski.co.uk/search/ac.6

whatcha think gang.. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That just directs me to the Crystal homepage - what resort, accomodation, dates, package are you looking at?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Grand Hotel Paradiso in Passo Tonale , Italy...
7 days half board everything included... i.e hire ski's etc
however not sure on this do you want lift pass & ski carriage but no hire or the other way round :s
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You only want ski carriage if you are taking your own skis, which you are not - you're hiring in resort.

What price have you found?

Everyone is telling you to book late, and that is really the only way to the get the cheapest deals - and you'll then know where the best snow is.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Piccadilly,

ah i seee !

um is around 1400 but looks i nice resort wanted people's feedback if you have been b4~?

yeah i will hold out unless see a deal i like, just wanted to know if passo tonale was any good.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For departure on March 10th, that is coming up as £1518 for the two of you, including flights, transfers, accomodation, ski hire, lift pass, but not including any lessons. Unless it's giving you a different price, that seems to be significantly over budget.

You are in the perfect position to take advantage of a late deal - there are two of you, sharing, and you are not fussed about country or resort. Book the time off, start looking at the deals at the beginning of March, come back on here and ask the lovely Snowheads again for their advice on the specific late deals available, book, have a lovely holiday. I realise of course that skiing is very exciting and it's nice to plan, but that's they way to get a bargain.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ladtalk, Another vote for Pila here. great little resort, with plenty for beginners to learn on, most of the reds would be blues in France. A gondola ride up in the morning from the town of Aosta where there are 'real' shops and bars and places of interest. (not just 'resort' stuff), makes it great for after the skiing is done. Not as lively as some Austrian resorts but still plenty of night life.

If you are really on a budget you can go on a coach with Interski who provide all the kit (even Jackets if need be), very good quality teaching, and have several good hotels to choose from. They've been doing it for 20 years so they know what they are about.

http://www.interski.co.uk/resort.php?ResortID=3

I've been to Pila half a dozen times. The wife and kids learned to ski there, as did my two skiing mates who started in their 40's. The food is good too as are the Bombardini! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
annaski,

yeah i think i will wait until end of feb and see whats about don't want to book of a week and their be limited deals on that date...

When is the french/italian school holidays in march???
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Axsman,

Thanks for the advice loooks ace snowHead

i will write down all the places people reccomend and then check prices/ deals from end of jan onwards!

how do yuo book through interski didnt see a buy now option ?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
all the advice is brill btw THANK YOU !

i am going to purchase a head cam so your time helping me will be rewarded with a vid of me falling over...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you are flexible on dates the week beginning 16th March would be better - at that point the French holidays will have finished and the British Easter holiday won't have started.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ladtalk, just drop them an email: email@interski.co.uk, they'll send you a brochure, CD and loads of info. I really do rate them highly, they are not the cheapest but they are among the best.
snow report
annaski,

anyone know about the italian holidays???

yeah that makes sense doesn't seem to be a huge jump in prices Shock

but would prefer empty slopeeee snowHead
snow conditions
French school holidays will only really affect you if you are going to France. According to the European School Holiday Sticky thread on this forum their aren't any Italian school holidays around then. I've heard that Italian slopes tend to be busiest at weekends but I've no personal experience.
ski holidays
Quote:

i will write down all the places people reccomend and then check prices/ deals from end of jan onwards!

be aware that you will probably have a lot less choice, possibly no choice if you want your own room, on the UCPA side, if you leave it that late as they do get booked up, because they're so cheap.
snow report
pam w, yeah im keeping options open.. The UCPA seems good and is somethig i am looking up now...

however seems the everyone likes the italian resorts soo see what i can get cheap..
snow conditions
I would look at Schladming. Beginners runs pretty much at the top of the mountain, almost guaranteed snow due to snow making as good as anywhere in the world and as cheap a resort as there is in Austria. Very good ski school (Höppl), lovely mountain restaurants. I think its a great place to begin and progress.
ski holidays
annaski, i am looking in both france and italy thats why i asked... trying to keep options as open as possible Smile

just cannot wait to go.. like a kid at xmas

snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
downhillalltheway wrote:
I would look at Schladming. Beginners runs pretty much at the top of the mountain, almost guaranteed snow due to snow making as good as anywhere in the world and as cheap a resort as there is in Austria. Very good ski school (Höppl), lovely mountain restaurants. I think its a great place to begin and progress.

i will add it to my list Smile

seems to be austria just so much more for lessons etc ??

is the food & drink cheap?
snow report
Bought my ski jacket today... £30 Shock

From a nike outlet Cool

least i will look fashionable as i fall down the slopes!
snow conditions
Can't believe some of the rubbish about Bulgaria on here from people that havn't skied there. Have a look at http://www.skidvd.co.uk/forum/index.php for some other points of view.

We went four times as beginners and must have been lucky with the snow, equipment, instructors, lessons, hotels, and apres. Yes it was cheap, yes the food was bulgarian, yes the snow was white, and yes there was a queue for the gondola, but we just started out earlier.

You get what you pay for and we paid less than £500 for everything, including HB, 6x 5 hour lessons, ski passes, ski and boot hire, gala evenings with wine and beer. Beer was cheap, food was cheap.

I would have hated having to catch ski busses or walk through the town as a beginner in places like Salbach, Chamonix or Verbier. And why pay loads of euros for kms of piste that you'll never see? I agree with waiting to see what the snow is like or to catch better bargains. Maybe it has changed, maybe it is dearer now, but , but don't let snobby SHowheads put you off.

But as an alternative you could try Baquira in Spain for a mid priced great resort.

This is Bansko and Borovets:

snow report
.....^^^^^....

I've skied there ... Borovets ... its a craphole rolling eyes
latest report
ladtalk wrote:
Grand Hotel Paradiso in Passo Tonale , Italy...
7 days half board everything included... i.e hire ski's etc
however not sure on this do you want lift pass & ski carriage but no hire or the other way round :s

Hey man, I'm off to this resort and exact hotel for new year, I'm a novice too so I'll be sure to let you know how it was!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy