Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Rules

Poster: A snowHead
feef, You control the horizontal and the vertical, sir. I yield the floor.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The number 1 rule we use for the boys tour is:

If you want to save money - don't go
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Richard_Sideways, I'm happy to be directed if anyone disagrees, but I think it's good to leave things as open to interpretation as possible... if nothing else it can also make the application entertaining when discussed IRL Wink

I can hear calls of "RULE 5" from the chairlift... Shouts of 'Rule 13!" when someone orders a latte at a cafe...

but the best is rule 4 as it's totally subjective
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tiger2 wrote:
The number 1 rule we use for the boys tour is:

If you want to save money - don't go

Rule 38 added Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
feef wrote:
I've added those, but reworded them slightly to make them more fitting with the spirit of the rules.

And got it wrong.

Carrying skis = whoopee!. It's an actual rule and it predates these.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kramer wrote:
feef wrote:
I've added those, but reworded them slightly to make them more fitting with the spirit of the rules.

And got it wrong.

Carrying skis = whoopee!. It's an actual rule and it predates these.

I stand corrected Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The only reason for sitting in the middle of the piste is during incidents leading to application of Rule 15
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rule 40: Your childs behaviour is Your responsibility as a parent, You view of "giving them space to grow and develop without boundaries" does not include the following scenarios
a. Allowing Your child to sit and scream in an enclosed or public space where people would normally expect to be able to conduct a conversation at a level that will not exceed that of a 747 on full throttle. Examples include but not soley inclusive of :- restaurants, planes, lounges or other communal areas. Unless falling under the remit of Rule 15 then this rule may not apply

b. Allowing Your children to climb on, under or around other people when they are eating, relaxing (so long as they are not in violation of Rule 23 at that time) or having adult conversations.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ref rule 22, what about the scenario (which I have done) of a knarly morning off piste with a guide, followed by skiing with kids in the afternoon. And NO, I am not going back to the hotel/room to drop kit off!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Re Rule 40 - that could also include Your behaviour is your responsibility as an adult
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski wrote:
ref rule 22, what about the scenario (which I have done) of a knarly morning off piste with a guide, followed by skiing with kids in the afternoon. And NO, I am not going back to the hotel/room to drop kit off!!

Take and lose kids off piste. Problem solved.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kitenski wrote:

You have a valid reason, and therefore are not doing it to pretend you're better than you are. That's the difference.

As I said earlier, don't get bogged down in details... live in the spirit.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ansta1, Rule 40 is valid as a general concern, but it's not specific to skiing. In the spirit, I'd say that that came under the remit of rule 7
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Happyto accept that position
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
feef, Gnar - love it Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Keep pole whacking Madeye-Smiley
snow report
feef, thank you for the rules, and thank you for the link to the Gaper Spirit Animal, Mrs NBT has been crying with laughter. Reminds me of a septic we bumped into one day in Courmayeur some seasons ago - cruising the pistes with harness and a ski pole with - I kid you not- a flip out ice axe built into the handle
ski holidays
Bones, nbt, Glad you like it.. I hope to be hearing rules being called in bars all over the Alps and Rockies this season...
snow report
i have a better idea, lets get a laminated set printed and see how many we can put up or get put up in ski resorts..... photo evidence must be provided (and no putting them up in your hotel room, bed room doesnt count. public places only.

lets make the snowheads version of planking.
snow conditions
ansta1, Heh.. I like that idea!

Even better if it has a wee SH logo somewhere, but I'm not fussed.
latest report
I guess that would need approval from admin annd the snowHead gods. Wouldn't want to bring the forum into disrepute.

Perhaps something subtle.

oh this could go far, make them unique with a qr code and see how many you can spot. whoops getting carried away.
snow conditions
I don't think Dadmin would have any issues putting the snowheads logo on The Rules Very Happy
latest report
ansta1, great idea.... how's this?

ski holidays
Rule 40. No lengthy warm-up at the top of the first run. Walking briskly to the ski lift constitutes a full warm-up. If you're in ski-in ski-out accommodation, hike up for 10 minutes. Or if you're old and creaky, warm up in the room before getting out.
ski holidays
feef, je pense vous regarde le rules tres serious
ski holidays
Nickski wrote:
feef, je pense vous regarde le rules tres serious

Tu crois? ? Razz
ski holidays
Something like this?
snow conditions
Rule 40.

Stop writing sad rules and being a loser.
ski holidays
41 There are a small number of SH which can be pushed over cliffs - no questions asked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitegold, rule 18 and rule 7
latest report
I had to ask nbt what a 'whoopie' was Embarassed

No I won't be allowing him to carry my skis wink
ski holidays
Mrs NBT wrote:
I had to ask nbt what a 'whoopie' was Embarassed

No I won't be allowing him to carry my skis wink

I confess I had to do a little research myself after its pre-existence was pointed out
snow report
There are too many rules but rule 7 is a must, usually paraphrased to " be funny or Be Nice please! off" profanity filter will sort this wink
latest report
Bloody hell. I can just about remember mirror-signal-manoever...
latest report
Rule 34?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/rule-34

NO EXCEPTIONS
snow report
Rule #4767889756

TTLS.

"Time to Les Saises".

The average number of posts before Les Saisies gets mentioned in a thread must never drop below 9, or the site admin's gonads will explode (they've been rigged to a bomb on a little mobile phone with velcro).
latest report
Drops are for dropping. They are not for watching others drop. If you feel an urge to spectate instead of participating, refer to Rule 5.
snow conditions
Mr Piehole, : both those refer more to the forum than on the mountain.

Jonny Jones, Would that come under a combination of rules 37 and 39?
latest report
feef wrote:
Mr Piehole, : both those refer more to the forum than on the mountain.

Jonny Jones, Would that come under a combination of rules 37 and 39?
It's different from those rules. This is to stop spineless people from gawping mindlessly at the top of Corbet's or other such places. It's no defence that your friends ski around the drop too - if you stop to watch the action, you have to join in.
snow conditions
40 Rules!

Is there an executive summary Twisted Evil
snow report
i think rule 5 is the guiding rule. Remember that and you wont go far wrong.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy