Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chemmy's first races since leg break

Poster: A snowHead
Pity Eurosport didn't stick with it like the seem to stick with every other sport when skiing is on next!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Eurosport stick with it on I player. You get to see everyone race.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chemmy did well to get 25th, lets hope for a result back in the teens as per Volkl days.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cynic, new to competitive ski viewing... Does that position score the vital FIS "points"?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Off to see her today at Lake louise...........
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jealous....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

What are you on about? Her leg break was that bad she was actually lucking to be walking properly again let alone skiing World Cup Downhill. She has missed 2 complete years of competative skiing, it takes a while to come back. She is the best women we have ever had.

Plugboy, I totally agree with your last sentence, she is the only racer I donate cash to*. I was just not sure skating was the right place to go but hey if she is better cash wise now and can ski at the same level as before it was a good idea.

(*I do help other racers by buying thousands of pounds of old kit, I even bought some from you in another guise)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MoodyFFS, Yes 43.68 FIS points
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is there any free coverage of her run on the web?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you go to FIS-Ski Results, RP under LIVE, you can watch each skiers speed and time over 5 course plots. OK it is a poor substitute for Eurosport visual and you have to be a nerd to watch down to the 40s but at least you don’t have Clarky and slalom wanabee commentating.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cynic wrote:
........ you don’t have Clarky and slalom wanabee commentating.
Laughing Laughing

Cheers Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
halfhand, Or even more important not having Chilton's fawning love affair with Lindddsey Vonn and repeating her name every second, although he probably gets paid for each repetition by her PR team rather like the other chaps mentioning of Morioka Shitsequeeshey for years.

Two nasty falls for Keppler and new Austrian Franz on Birds of Prey rather sad holding up the Men’s SG.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alcott finishes no higher than 31

And for those on the spread on how many times the idiot we blame for missing Chemmy's run said Lindsey Vonn the low was 28
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Definitely fair play to her Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Considering Chemmy's pre-accident race results and where she finished this weekend after 2 years away from racing, I would rate this as a good result and bodes well for the rest of the season. I guess there will be an anxious wait to see if there's any reaction from her leg after the weekend exertions but hopefully she will be able to fully compete for the remainder of the season (finances permitting).
snow conditions
Had great day. Met Chemmy in the lodge where she signed daughter's helmet and was really nice. Poor girl got a few brit/calgary racers in the lodge, all the US girls she was with looked slightly bemused . She signed son's helmet after race.

Think she's done well to get her results this weekend.

Most gracious racers with the crowd- without a doubt Chemmy and Lindsey. Both signed a ton , Chemmy signed everyone at the exit and in fenced tunnel down. Lindsey was mobbed , was brill with crowd etc. Tina W also did well

Least gracious by a mile - Reisch, who I think signed only one kids stuff.

PS Larisa said Chemmy snores.
snow report
gryphea, Sounds like you had a blast. Very jealous... Razz
snow report
All my Olympic fever is coming back - I haven't met Chemmy but I'm so proud of her and I have the hugest respect for what she's managed to do! Eeeeeeeeee

gryphea well jel!
snow report
Chemmy at No.32 for SG so Eurosport take note. (I have FIS live tracker running as Chilton will probably still be w..k..g over Linddddsey Vonn)
snow report
Fellows thinks Vail and Beaver Creek are linked by lifts, so is in that industrial estate in Essex
latest report
Cynic, LOL yes!
ski holidays
Chemmy 16th in DH training today. Ahead of Vonn.
snow report
Bode Swiller, just shows what some serious mental toughness can achieve... coming back after her accident to compete let alone hinting at getting back towards her previous heights is pretty amazing!
ski holidays
Looks like another good training run by Chemmy. Its good to see here times aren't so far off the lead.
ski holidays
MoodyFFS wrote:
Bode Swiller, just shows what some serious mental toughness can achieve... coming back after her accident to compete let alone hinting at getting back towards her previous heights is pretty amazing!
+ 1. Absolutely fantastic. Her bravery is really something.
latest report
Nice Chemmy behind-the-scenes vid from the FIS

http://youtube.com/v/DIEx6Tyn8GE
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, thanks, that's really lovely. She is a wonderful ambassador for the sport.
snow conditions
Needs Atomic GB or whomever to give her a fast pair of skis!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hugely impressed that Chemmy is back and is competitive already. Mentally and physically I think it's astonishing. Really thought it was a career-ending injury, and so pleased to be wrong Happy
ski holidays
The news isn't good. After a 100kmh training crash, Chemmy has aggrevated her damaged leg. It's not the end but she will miss sunday's world champs DH.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy