Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2 or 3pax - Cervinia or Dolomites - 5/6Jan - Advise Please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all,

following me asking for advise on this thread, I am really considering giving a try on either Cervinia or the Dolomites....as they seem to be a good place for building confidence (OH).

Requirements:

- Resort suitable for improving/building confidence skier (OH on her 4 week still losing the fear)
- Catered accommodation (we don't mind chalet, hotel, whatever. No luxury required. Confy bed, good hot shower/bath, decent food, alcohol not essential).
- Transfers
- Flights from London Any
- Ski hire (Direct with TO or DYI?????)
- Lift pass (I suppose it is cheaper to buy directly from the resort's website)
- Lessons (Cervinia: http://www.scuoladiscibreuil.com/index_e.asp)

Which Chalet/Hotel do you guys recommend? I have been searching on TO websites and the cheapest are either £488 or £540 (accom+flights+transfers).

Any suggestions, comments, etc are much appreciated
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
redbaron51, I advise Cervinia that early in the season as snow conditions are likely to be better. Not too many Russians either

I stay here when I go http://www.hotelsertorelli.it/

If you go you must visit the Nuit et Jour restaurant and have the T-Bone steak. Legendary
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Dolomites are fantastic for building confidence, as well as being really beautiful. They have a very high percentage of runs covered by snow making too, so conditions are normally very good in Jan. Try www.colletts.co.uk for good catered chalets. They don't include flights (you book your own to Venice, Treviso or Innsbruck), but they do include transfers. They are a really personal, helpful company. If you choose the Dolomites, you must try the Hidden Valley run at Lagazoui. Good luck. Razz
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am with red 27. Cervinia has it all. The Edelweiss sounds like the right hotel for you.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
all thanks for the replies...

I am quite sold on Cervinia, although also looking at the Dolomites.

The Edelweiss sounds nice but a bit expensive for the dates I am after 5 or 6 Jan.....

Does anyone recommend a specific TO???

Cheers
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FionaG,

I am a massive Dollies fan, I'm off to Selva in 4 weeks wink But, I'd probably advise Cervinia over the Sella Ronda resorts. Cervinia has wide cruisey pistes with few tricky bits to catch a less confident skier out.

Selva, for example, can get a bit chopped up by late afternoon around the busier bottlenecks which can get a little tricky.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Redbaron, the prices at Edelweiss reduce after 6 January, when the Italian holidays end. We are going from 3 to 15 January, and our prices change twice in that period.

I do not know what sort of price you want to pay, but I am not sure that you can do much better than the Edelweiss. The dinners are included, and are actually quite good.
There is apparently another more reasonable hotel very close to the nursery slopes, the name of which escapes me right now, but I will post it in 5 minutes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It is the Hotel Fosson that I was thinking of. Check out its website and Tripadvisor reviews to help you decide.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JHBGerry,

I have booked time off from work and have to go either 5 or 6 Jan....

Which website did you book with?

I believe doing DIY with hotel will expose me to sort out transfers to/from airport, which tends to be really expensive.....

I am keeping an eye on the Dolomites too just in case....Once I get my house move sorted i will dedicate 100% time to booking this ski trip.

Please share more info if possible.

thanks, rb51
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have made all the arrangements myself.

The transfers are not too costly, and I will be happy to send you the details of the best value Transfer company I have come across.

The Hotel you choose may also be able to assist you with transfers.

I cannot compare Cervinia to the Dolomites, as the only other places I have been to in Italy are La Thuile and Courmayeur.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JHBGerry,
you have a PM
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy