Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort with worst apres?

Poster: A snowHead
can anyone name an italian resort with lively apres?? we've always found very little in most places.... Puzzled which is fine, but just wondering if anyone has???
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cbowls30, plenty in Sauze, if you like that sort of thing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another vote for Montgenevre. I can only recall a single bar, which had the atmosphere of a starbucks.

Most overrated? I'd say Val D'Isere. What a disappointment, just posh kids and furry collars.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Piccadilly, Ski in Pila, stay in Aosta.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bisanne 1500. The loudest noise in the night is from the snow cannons on the piste. Though I was once briefly woken by a couple of fireworks at midnight on 31 December. wink

There is a pleasant bar and restaurant where people will congregate for a beer after skiing, or dinner later. But it's likely to be all closed up, washing up finished, by 11 pm. When I might, on a busy night, still be sitting up with a glass of Remy Martin and a good book. Perfect. I would never knowingly go anywhere I was likely to be subjected to Eurotrash music and people chucking up in the street, that's for sure. OK, I'm old, but I wouldn't have wanted to when I was young, either. Some live music is nice (and to be found in a couple of venues in the nearby roaring metropolis of Les Saisies) in moderation and if not under my bedroom window.

People are complaining that if there aren't "decent" bars around, there's "nothing to do in the evenings". What's wrong with a good dinner, plenty of glasses of wine, chat with friends, maybe a brandy afterwards then eight hours sleep before the first lift? Is this what people mean by the generation that can't entertain themselves? Or is that just too fogeyish for words?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman, what's the big town at the bottom? We stayed there. 15 minute hike to the main lift station every day, then 20 minutes just to get to the BOTTOM of the pistes! Took the best part of an hour to get up the slopes every morning.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Piccadilly, That is Aosta. Stay in Motel Pila at the foot of the gondola station, walk into town at night for dinner and bars. Always got first lift up in the morning for fresh tracks.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For me staying on the hill in Fernie, it has fantastic apres up to about 18:30 in the Griz Bar, then there's nothing on the hill at all, you've got to into town.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
xyzpaul wrote:
Most overrated? I'd say Val D'Isere. What a disappointment, just posh kids and furry collars.

Val does have more than it's fair share of posh kids but I've never really minded and there are quite a few down to earth bars and restaurants if you know where to look. Also the apres generally is pretty lively - when I was there a few years back they had blokes in long white coats known as the 'noise patrol' who went around telling people to keep it quiet as they came out of bars and clubs.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
+1 for Flaine

Add Winter Park, closed at 10pm on New Years Eve, 9:30pm rest of year, don't think Après existed at all there even coming off the slopes.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cbowls30, great après in Courmayeur, not bad in Cervinia and we even managed to find some in La Thuile (admittedly the only two bars in the entire village).
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Livigno - too spread out and no real centre to it rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
oofaafuu, I am going to disagree in part to this one... The village is very spread out but I can recall (or not as the case might be) having a couple of great bar crawls and grooving in the 'very' germanic apres bars...

Can't remember the name of the bar but the one with the wooden helter skelter slide into it is decent night...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Plagne Villages, closely followed by Belle Plagne
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alpine addict.......lol yes I ve been to that bar in Livigno........can't recall the name but they also gave you shot and put a crash helmet on you and whacked you over the head with a baseball bat..........

Couldn't do that now that's for sure
latest report
Austria is generally brilliant for apres ski - the best country IMO. It's all relative but I was really disappointed in both Kitzbuhl and Zell am See for this. Having experienced Ischgl, Saalbach and (even) Obergurgl I was expecting so much more.

Garmisch in Bayern was also flat but a Bavarian I got talking to at the Goassstall in Hinterglemm told me they all go to Austria for the craic
snow report
Alpine addict ... It was called Foxys bar in Livigno
latest report
Chasseur, Yeti now apartments, that's a shocker, is that recent? We've had some cracking nights in the Yeti over the years, last one couple of years ago or so? Am thinking Cheezy Choones, shots, some pink stuff they 'forced' down us..... Sad Sad Sad
latest report
Quote:

I ve been to that bar in Livigno........can't recall the name but they also gave you shot and put a crash helmet on you and whacked you over the head with a baseball bat..........

and that's supposed to be a recommendation? What larks!
snow conditions
I've had great times in Livigno with my ex, bother and Mrs M (not at the same time wink ). It may be fairly civiised, but as they say "there's a lot of it about".

How about Mottaret for a disapointing evening?
ski holidays
^ yes, good point. I remember walking down about 300 steps to some shite bar, then having to walk all the way back up!
latest report
Quote:

I've had great times in Livigno with my ex bother

who's your current bother?
snow report
pam w, Your last two posts on this thread made me laugh! Laughing
snow conditions
pam w,

That would be the Fruedian Mrs M Laughing Laughing

Piccadilly,

So should we include Meribel as well then?
ski holidays
^ I thought Meribel itself was meant to be quite good? It has the Rond Point after all. And a Folie Douce opening this season I believe.
snow report
Piccadilly, ah, now Folie Douce is my idea of hell.
latest report
Village of Siusi below Alpe Di Siusi in the Dolomites. Decent apre bar at the gondola base but very quiet in the village in the evenings. Think the only actual pub in the village is now shut down. Only other bars are in hotels and they were mostly quiet as well. Still the village is nice with very reasonably priced accomodation for the area.
snow report
musher wrote:

How about Mottaret for a disapointing evening?

Likely to agree, looked dead, although I did not look harder. At least there were a few bars.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 9-11-12 10:37; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Zell am Ziller, only place with any lights on turned out to be a shoe shop on the main street, whilst we were looking at the shoes rolling eyes two other couples turned up also thinking it might be a bar, so we invited them back to our hotel for a drink. The barman served us one round of drinks and vanished through a door behind the bar never to reappear. Reception had also gone off duty as everyone who was staying there had their keys Confused
ski holidays
pam w......LOL

its wasn t neccesarily a recommendation...more a recollection of some wild apres in my younger singleton years.

it was funny at the time.............one of those " had to be there" type moments.

i m sure alpine addict knows what i mean
snow report
pam w......LOL

its wasn t neccesarily a recommendation...more a recollection of some wild apres in my younger singleton years.

it was funny at the time.............one of those " had to be there" type moments.

i m sure alpine addict knows what i mean
snow report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I ve been to that bar in Livigno........can't recall the name but they also gave you shot and put a crash helmet on you and whacked you over the head with a baseball bat..........

and that's supposed to be a recommendation? What larks!

Reminds me of 'tequila suicide'.

Snort the salt, drink the drink, rub the lemons in your eyes, smash your face into the table. Textbook.

http://youtube.com/v/qq6iEKVLzWY
snow conditions
Hells Bells, oh no! I love it!
ski holidays
[quote="Mr Piehole"][quote="pam w"]
Quote:

Reminds me of 'tequila suicide'.

Snort the salt, drink the drink, rub the lemons in your eyes, smash your face into the table. Textbook.

http://youtube.com/v/qq6iEKVLzWY

Thats what one of the lads done in the "Inbetweeners film". Saw it again last night. Apologies if the youtube clip is from the film. My work computer is blocking the content so i can't view it.
latest report
Tignes. Can't believe no-one's said Tignes yet. Such a wasted opportunity given it's location.
ski holidays
Mr Piehole, having the shot on fire is another typical addition to the tequila suicide/stuntman/hardman.
snow report
jimmybog, yeah I saw that last night too. Good fun.
latest report
flaming back bottoms is also top notch lads/stag doo drinking game

two players, equal length of toilet/tissue paper attached to each plays bum, light it

down the drink before it burns your bum!!!!!!!!!

LOL - oh to be 18 again
snow report
lol it auto input back bottom from @rseholes................
snow report
xyzpaul, at a guess, I'd say you walked into Saloon though "F**k this", walked out. Don't blame you. Within 100m there are Blue Note, Alex & Moris, all good solid apes venues. further afield you have Pacific, Cafe Face, Dicks (more braying poshos I'm afraid), & many french/scandi bars.

Must try harder.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy