Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2012-13

Poster: A snowHead
In the 4 valleys now, snow is excellent, pistes are empty, ideal! Vis was patchy but okay on Monday, foggy in siviez today but we skied over to nendaz and it was blue sky's and sunshine! Have a 4 Valees pass for
Tomorrow so think we are attempting mont fort first thing, wish us luck! Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Superb day, clear blue sky, snow excellent.

Gentiennes was a dream, pistes all good.
Only slush was on the very last two pitches down to Medran.

Some fun on the mountain with the Pub Mont Fort Onesie day....loads of seasonnaires in bizarre kit having fun.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Heaving it down with snow since mid morning....rapid accumulation.

Bodes VERY well for the Easter weekend
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Heading to verbier tomorrow morning with the mrs and 3 of the kids (6,11,13). Want to ski some of the itineraries around lac de vaux - is the vallon d'arbi run in good nick and am I insane bringing my 6 year old down it? She ski's most things piste side comfortable, but...she's 6.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arrive in Les Collons tomorrow evening, will be skiing Saturday afternoon, looks good. With some beginner friends for the first week but looking forward to going further afield the second. Kids that bit older so only making them go to ski school on the first week would like to get over to Nadez with them for the second. Any decent and less expensive (I know it won't be cheap) places to eat near the bottom in Nandez for lunch.

Thanks for the updates over the season folks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Gilberts Fridge, Still snowing in Veysonnaz, have had loads today Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
coddlesangers, probably insane.

It is dumping, and I mean DUMPING, snow.

Vallon D'Arbi has been officially closed for much of the last week (don't 100% know why, maybe because of wet slides down Creblets and Col de Mines, thus restricting access to that side of the mountain?).
I'd say next to zero chance that the special snow machine will have opened up the access path after this snowfall.
Even if it is open the powder will be deep, and the long, flatish, ski/pole out to La Tzoumaz will be thick with snow, and slow.

Don't do it, a bad idea....sometimes it is not about what you want...

However Tortin, Gentiennes etc will be superb and tons of off-the-sie-of-the-piste stuff will be excellent too.

Think hard about Bruson tomorrow....that will be special and very uncrowded.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Righty ho - thanks for that. Always good to get a ringside opinion Smile I'll settle my urges by bouncing down to Tortin I think instead...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rungsp, all brilliant news, heading over for 9 days from Saturday, 5 days of which will be on a Warren Smith course
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ref Nendaz bottom restuarants etc,
At bottom of gondola, over the road, 2 cheapish options - Boulangerie Magique does a v good selection of baguettes / paninis etc around the 9chf mark. Otherwise, next door the Edelweiss does great brtgers / chips etc around the 15chf level.
I feel your pain when feeding kids in Switz!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Crying or Very sad such a shame!

There must have been a big temperature rise in the night. the snow that fell during yesterday was powder of the lovliest kind......but today it had settled to fresh, but HEAVY and DENSE.....ugh!

The top half of Tortin etc was nice....but sudden transition to .....oh dear.

Still, it is good for the pistes....they will be in great shape for a long time to come.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Visibility not exactly magic, but oh my god, so much snow! Spent the day arsing around savolyeres, mostly discovering that to ski deep stuff in 78 mm ski's, you need the speed. Or you sink. And your family laughs at you.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
coddlesangers, Savolyeres was a good choice today, snow a bit heavier than higher up but at least you could see. Tomorrow promises better. I would just love to see spring now, but no sign of it on the horizon.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Steve Sparks, Same...would love a bit of sun. Doesn't Tuesday look better?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The cloud lifted this lunchtime and we were presented with the most amazing knee deep pow. Light and fluffy above 2,500. More like Christmas than Easter!
snow report
Went up for couple of hours on Friday morning. As reported above 30cm of fresh but quite heavy. A few pics to brighten up this place...

Joel reacquanting himself with Europowder under Mouches cursing himself for leaving the Shiros at home....

Ed following on his heels

Less wind affected in the trees under Mines

Town looking snowy for Easter

Steve Sparks, liking the sound of that. Looks like we'll have to head back for some hard charging tomorrow Happy
snow conditions
I was on the first day of a Warren Smith course today. Lots of fresh snow after a heavy fall overnight and poor viz first thing which made the 'test' run more challenging that it should be, but I suppose it was more obvious the varying degrees of ability, so not such a bad thing.

First couple of hours were spent doing slow skiing drills, which were pretty tough but great for the technique. When the clouds lifted we diverted to the soft powder just off the sides, which was truly amazing, in fact the best snow since I was in Verbier the middle of April last year. A few really good tips were received, which helped my technique. They wouldn't normally hit the off piste on day 1, but it was too good an opportunity to miss.

The rest of the day was spent again working on on piste technique, and I can honestly say I've learnt a heck of a lot already.

The afternoon was really warm sunshine, so I hope the amazing snow doesn't melt too quickly
latest report
BobinCH, you could do worse. Arrive early and stay high is my advice.

Whitters, had a chat with one of your fellow acadamedians on LDV1 today. He'd never skied powder before. What an introduction!
latest report
Steve Sparks, Yes it was very special today....a few powder first-timers so there were a few casualties, but it was brilliant, and I skied powder reasonably well for the first time really rather than just surviving, helped by the tuition and especially the light fluffy powder
snow report
A truly stunningly good day in Verbier, clear blue skies, great soft snow conditions on and off piste. Fairly busy being Easter Monday, but otherwise a near perfect day. I even managed to ski down Tortin and enjoy it rather than survive it Very Happy
ski holidays
Monday rocked. More here... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2272843#2272843

ski holidays
Spent most of monday on the baby slope of Les Esserts pretending to be a ski instructor with my old boss who is a first-timer.
His wife and kids were up the mountain with The Lass (they have hired her for the whole week).
I have had a great season, and he is good company, so I didn't mind too much....he even made rapid progress.

I did look at all the multitude of instructors standing on the magic carpet....living the dream!!
snow report
Conditions on the Petit Combin were pretty stunning yesterday. Miles and miles of untracked powder. The track coming into Fionnay was a bit heavy or maybe I was totally knackered by then. A truly brilliant experience and a dream come true.

We picked the heli up at Croix de Coeur and had a stunning ride over the Verbier slopes before heading up the Panossiere glacier for the drop on the Petit Combin.
snow report
Wonderful day today once the mist lifted. Chalky snow in highway couloir, col des gentianes lovely; first spring snow of the season on far right, on April 7th!!!!
ski holidays
You gotta love the magic pillow at La Chaux. Still can't crack the backflip though Evil or Very Mad

snow report
Winter returns AGAIN! It snowed heavily all day down to 1200 and then at 4ish the skies cleared and we had the most wonderful time in about 10cm of fresh powder. A tad heavy and wind affected but is should be good up high later today.
latest report
It was great. Mont Fort in super condition. Stairway was a motorway and it got heavier as you went down the Gentianes, but a wonderful day's skiing under clear skies.
ski holidays
One word describes yesterday - STICKY. The foehn has lifted the temperatures and it made progress anywhere very tricky. Very high temps forecast for the weekend - has spring finally sprung?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
On another note though, progress with the Bruson lift is well underway. They've been doing ground works for a while in Le Châble and this week the trees opposite the lift station came down to make way for it. Should be open on December 21st.
latest report
Hoping to head over this weekend, maybe to try some of the itineraries. How are they shaping up? I did Tortin, Gentianes and the back of Mt Gele last week and they were fine, if very mogully.
ski holidays
Whitters, all the itineraries are in great condition. 10cm of fresh overnight yesterday. Rained above 2,000 last night so that may make for an interesting experience this morning. It's going to be very warm this weekend so expect the avalanche risk to lead to areas closing in the afternoon.
latest report
Whitters, If you are in Tortin or Gentiennes this weekend please DO NOT traverse a long way skiers right to find better snow....those are faces that WILL slip at this time of year if it gets warm.
Note I say will slip....not might slip.

Staying left/main moguled way down is going to be fine, you have to traverse a long way to be in that zone.
snow report
Thanks for the advice guys Very Happy
ski holidays
rungsp, and as promised it did. On the far right of Chassoure, down onto the traverse, not a lot, but enough to make you feel a bit uncomfortable. Possibly the best Chassoure conditions of the season, flat, chalky and fluffy in places.

Only the Verbier/Mt Fort sector open from this evening.
snow report
The Chassoure -Tortin lift will be staying open this week. A week longer than planned. Great news as it is in stunning condition. Not a rock to be seen and barely a bump.
ski holidays
I can't comment on the snow yet....we arrived in Le Chable at lunchtime today for the closing weekend, but I can tell you that it is blue skies and scorchio on our patio Very Happy
A mini summer holiday this afternoon...skiing tomorrow

Steve Sparks, when do you arrive? Or here already?
latest report
Late tomorrow - sadly weather looks like it's turning!
snow conditions
rungsp, Steve Sparks, Have fun guys and make the most of it....am back in Blighty for a few weeks and am missing it all already, but looking forward to the summer, if we get one.
ski holidays
Nice day today, weather was a mixture of clouds and sunshine.
Pistes are 99% covered, just a few skid-marks near the very bottom.
Still easy to ski all the way to Medran on full width coverage.

Snow was slushy from the very top to the very bottom. Due to lack of skiers it remains quite firm though, not that horrible deep, churned up stuff that it would have turned to a couple of weeks ago with busy pistes.

Links to Siviez still open, but lift only as the Gentiennes itinery is now closed due to slide risk.

Very, very pleasant skiing though, hardly a soul around.

Shops have 50% sales on...I got a very cosy pair of Ugg slippers....yes, I am middle aged now, getting excited about slippers is the final proof!
snow report
Well that was the last day of the season....and a very good one it was too.

About 6 inches of fresh, dense, snow right at the top. I caught a sunny window and went to the top of Mont Fort, there was even a small group climbing the fences to go backside which seemed a bit "brave".

Had a very pleasant family ski and then met up for a social lunch with Steve Sparks, his pal Chicken John (there really should be a good story for that name) and our friend Jennie

A lot of ski servicing and cleaning to do before we fly home tomorrow evening and then a looooong summer looms in front of us....I don't mind summer, but I really do prefer winter, all my favourite passtimes are winter based and I don't really like hot weather.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy