Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Ski Amade Snow Reports 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
Great news flangesax
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
flangesax wrote:
It finally looks like winter has sorted itself out now... snowing in Radstadt (800m) and everywhere else too!
Tonight sees the official opening of Planai with Swedish House Mafia making a load noise... good wintery weather for it now too!

Just when I get back Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scarpa, and why are you not on the PSB???? I am so torn. Obviously my heart says the amade, but the PSB calls.... Se you all in January snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx, I'm waiting on my redundancy package, can't make any plans at the moment Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Found this photo this week ... sunrise over a snowy Gastein on Thursday. More snow now than it says in the photo, about 120cm's up top. Looks like plenty of snow and freezing temps across Ski Amade at the moment.

snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've seen some great pics from today of the ski amade area, bluebird conditions. All these pics are on facebook, SHs needs to up it's game or it's curtains.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Back in Schladming, didn't ski today but was 20-30cms last night and started snowing hard again a few hours ago. Will be getting my first powder fix of season tomorrow. Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
waynos, Enjoy - pics or it didn't happen wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
waynos wrote:
I've seen some great pics from today of the ski amade area, bluebird conditions. All these pics are on facebook, SHs needs to up it's game or it's curtains.

Here's some more pics .....

Zauchensee

Alpendorf

Alpendorf again ...

Hochkonig

.... now for some of waynos's own shots from today!!! snowHead

Cheers
Kersh
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great pics from Flachauwinkl-Kleinarl (Salzburger Sportwelt - Ski Amade) here:
http://alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=45406
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kersh, oasis13, Fantastic pics, cheers.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This morning's powder at Zauchansee, cold, dry, untracked, deep Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/xOzeABE10Aw
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good work waynos, nice to see all is in order. Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
waynos, Nice
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
waynos, Liking your work. Have a great season - stay safe.
snow conditions
waynos, A guy could get really bitter and jealous you know wink

But I'll be back in the new year.
latest report
Does this thread cover Maria alm. We have been given chance to stay there. Is that ski amade. If we stayed Maria alm, can we ski all the areas without having to get a bus (are they all connected) Is it a good place to ski or would we better is skiwelt. I know this is snow report thread so hopefully won't go off on tangents. Thanks
ski holidays
Jon Ford, this website has all the info about Ski Amadé with a cool interactive piste map:

http://www.skiamade.com/en/winter

Maria Alm/Hochkönig is one of the many ski areas. Some areas are connected by lifts/pistes (Flachau/Wagrain, Hochkönig, Zauchensee/Flachauwinkl), some areas are simply huge in their own right like Schladming. I'm pretty sure there are buses to get about from area to area but many of them are easily large enough to keep intermediates happy for a week anyway.

Only 7 weeks and 2 days until my long anticipated return to Ski Amadé... Very Happy
ski holidays
Jon Ford, Yes it does cover Maria Alm, which is part of the Hochkönig ski area. It is a hidden jewel to be honest and the skiing is reminiscent of the Dolomites with long cruises blues and reds and superb mountain restaurants. Grab the opportunity with both hands is my advice, you will not regret it.
ski holidays
@ John Ford Maria Alm is in the corner of the Ski Amade so yes this thread covers Maria Alm.......Just! This time next week should hopefully be pulling up outside our apartment just outside Maria alm so should be able to give a maria alm specific snow report for you. This website http://www.hochkoenig.at/en is more specifis to Maria alm.
snow conditions
Thanks for reply everyone. Some of those photos look great, especially that one with the cable car and the huge piste with just 1 person on it. Really considering Maria alm again. Won't ask too many questions as I know things snow report, but intake itnthere would be nice mountain huts and a few bars to have a quiet apres ski tipple. Been looking at soll but all decent hotels are being booked up but would prefer quieter resort with typical Austrian style
snow report
Sorry, forgot to ask, is it cheap or expensive in this area. I'm thinking pizzas, beer etc. Thanks again
snow conditions
Maria alm and the hochkoenig area is beautiful. I ski in the ski amade area and tyrol a lot usually 5 trips to austria and find prices very reasonable. A beer on the mountain is in the region of 3.20 euros and goulash soup approx 4 euro. 6 beers in the supermarket for 5-6 euro so cheaper than home! Can recommend places like this and schladming for superb skiing, and generally the times I go nice and quite!
Off to austria on saturday ...looking fab as usual
all the best sean
latest report
Cheers seany1, Maria alm is starting to look more favourable now. Some of the photos look beautiful. Much nicer thannthe high rise hotels found in France. Think will start pricing up a holiday here now. Keep the snow reports coming...you may have converted me
ski holidays
Jon Ford, the Hochkoenig mountains are a stunning backdrop. Nice mountain huts too.
snow report
Thanks. Just looking into tour op deals....not many. Bit wary of doing a diy holiday as wouldn't know what do to bout transfers
snow conditions
http://www.snowheads.co.uk/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=40939

http://www.easyairporttaxis.com/airporttransfers/reservations/taxi-from-Maria-Alm-to-Salzburg-Airport

This may help as like you said there are not many tour operators, also the following link is good for accomadation

http://www.hochkoenig.at/en/urlaubsregion/maria_alm
ski holidays
Thanks seany1, will take a peep
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks seany1, will take a peep
snow conditions
Both the SkiWelt and the Hochkönig are fine skiing areas. Although I haven't stayed in either area (I have skied them Very Happy), I think that Maria Alm is probably quieter. The Hochkönig is perhaps marginally more picturesque, though the SkiWelt with the Wilder Kaiser in the background is also impressive (I have just posted some photos in the Soll snow report thread - you can find some photos from the Hochkönig from last year in my albums in the snowMedia zone).

From Maria Alm it wouldn't really be practical to ski the other Ski Amadé areas. You'd be better placed staying at the Mühlbach end of the Hochkönig area but that would still require transport to reach the other areas. Never mind, the Hochkönig is great in itself.
latest report
Thanks espri, been looking into it and think we are going to stay with soll/skiwelt. The lack of TO holidays going there makes it a Pakistan to arrange as diy, be a lot easier to Have a rep/transport etc. Plus think there is more for us to do in skiwelt (excursions etc). Got some good deals online at more but as season already started we are going to book holiday couple of days after Christmas I hope TO offer bigger reductions. Thanks to everyone for info on Maria though. Hope u have a great time. espri, I will take a look atyour thread for soll new. Thanks
ski holidays
Quote:

The lack of TO holidays going there makes it a Pakistan to arrange as diy

Puzzled surely not? Plenty of info available here. DIY in the time of the internet really is a piece of cake. You miss all the best places if you stick with the TOs. wink
latest report
Sorry to see you sucked in by the dark side Jon Ford, Admittedly the Tour operators take a lot of the strain but you have done the hard work by finding this website and finding out about Maria Alm. Personally i would hate to go back to lift queues, expensive crap food in overcrowded restaurants and congested slopes. Any way regardless of where you ski hope you have a great time and may you see the light another year Smile
snow conditions
Looks like plenty of snow across Ski Amade to keep anyone going out for Christmas happy! snowHead More snow due on Thursday and over the weekend too.

Cheers
snow conditions
Been some decent conditions over the last week or so. Started snowing yesterday in the early hours and stopped midday today so plenty of fresh snow about. Weather as for most the alps says will warm up tonight and possible rain to higher levels. here's a short video (darn gopro battery was flat but the rubbish UI doesn't make it that obvious)

http://youtube.com/v/OpOwDaJvkiQ
latest report
waynos, nice

Well earlier today I started to receive texts from friends we normally ski with about how wonderful everything was at their ski in/out, palatial accommodation just outside Schladming, Rohrmoos. They also pointed out how superb and cheap the local Minger beer was and how it was just as tasty as on our last visit. The snow was looking great and they were desperate to rip it up tomorrow morning. I was despondent.

I am much cheered by the news that all the boys went bowling this evening and that the main protagonist went to pick a bowling ball up and another came along unexpectedly.

He is now in Schladming's excellent hospital being treated for a split and crushed finger. I guess that will make typing wind up texts to me much more difficult.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, it's a mighty fine hospital, always treated me well.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, the bowling place was an interesting club called Angels when I went last...
latest report
waynos, all of the group out there were wih us 2 yrs so when we visited the same hospital with the same injury, but sledging related.
ski holidays
Soggy morning, some snow overnight at valley level but gone to rain lower down now. I guess snowline around 1200m at the moment. so not quite as bad as forecast but still a couple of warm days to come. Colder and snow forecast for wednesday. Time to do some xmas shopping, will have a strong ski related theme as only ski shops open now.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy