Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Ski Amade Snow Reports 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
Thought i'd start this one for this year seen as pretty much all resorts in Ski Amade (if not all) have had a good amount of snow over the last 24 hours. Looks like its set to stay cold for a while too!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead

Post up the reports and bring on the ski season!!!

Cheers
Kersh
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good idea.

Calling Waynos ...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cad99uk, he is back in the UK!

There is not as much snow at the moment as along the north side. I had to dig my car out this morning in Bavaria (Rosenheimerland) and drive carefully down the mountain to the autobahn. As I got to Salzburg there was obviously less snow and as I moved through the Tennegeberge towards Werfen, there was virtually none at valley level (we have a 15 to 20 cms closed cover here in Upper Bavaria). But it has snowed on and off all day and the slopes were copping quite a fair and steady amount. Unfortunately by Thursday they are forecasting Föhn, so how much stays at mid level is anyone's guess!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Samerberg Sue, Yes, I presumed he was. I was just hoping normal service would shortly resume with his Planai reports.

Keep your reports coming too - they are much appreciated.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowguns are working almost everywhere. Planai and Reiteralm are preparing to open as soon as possible. Just like they did previous seasons.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kersh, thanks for taking the initiative to kick this off... just out of interest does anyone have any advice for whats the best way to watch the Mens WC downhill this year 09/Feb at Schladming ? On the website it looks like there are still tickets available for a couple of the zones.. but has anyone been to this type of event before ? Is it best to get a ticket in the stadium or (naive question) can one not simply make your way up the mountain and watch from the side of the course somewhere ? Also seems like the stadium tickets are standing... this is normal ?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kerekip, they have Allerheigen pencilled in which is Thursday (All Saints Day) as their opening day, but the Salzburger Superski season pass most of us buy does not kick in until 10th November, so whether the Amadé pass does will be interesting to see how that pans out.

Speedster, The standing only in the stadium is normal - the atmosphere is amazing at the Night Slalom, but I have never gone into the areas with tickets - as a short-@rse these standing areas are not for me and sitting with the Schicki-Mickis is also not that attractive. Look carefully at where in the stadium the tickets are available as some areas have pretty poor visibility if you are not at the fencing, and even then a lot of the action is obscured.
The best way is to position yourself somewhere along the course which is free. People walk/climb up the Zielhang into the stadium but it is nigh on impossible to get up there with ski boots on as it is so steep. Plus the best positions are staked out much earlier than you realise! I've stood on the side of the course and watched the racers whizz by, but you will need a start list with the numbers in order to identify the individuals.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

Kersh, Yesterday ski touring up on Zauchensee Madeye-Smiley Has been dumping it down all night too Blush
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Been in contact with Waynos recently and he was in Austria this weekend looking at a property. He was hoping to a cheeky ski tour if the conditions allowed! Toofy Grin He wasn't out with you was he kooky? Anyway, i'm sure he'll be along with some photos soon.

Keep those snow reports and photos coming!!

Cheers
Kersh
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kersh, nope, he told me it´s next week he is popping out........unless he was trying to avoid me wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hello ski amade thread

I'm being talked about Embarassed Never made the weekend just gone but looking like we've secured our own apartment in Schladming, 95% sure! Been a hard slog trying to buy somewhere, these Austrians don't like negotiating the prices down very much. I may be out next weekend and if I am will get the skis out if there's enough snow somewhere. Hope to be skiing in ski amade for a good part of the winter, just a small matter of some work to finish up over the next month or so. Kersh, I'll try and make it to Sherwood again soon for some 2 wheel action.
Still looking good today. http://www.hauser-kaibling.at/de/wetter-schnee/webcams/index.htm?c=7

Speedster, ref tickets for WC. No expert on these matters but it's not free on the final hill into town, night race cost about €15 to walk up the side of the finish slope. For the final of the world cup last season there were areas further up the mopuntain with free access but the race views weren't great. We managed to buy tickets on the day for Didier Cuche's last race for about €7 each and got standing place right on finish line. Not sure that will be possible in Feb, but I'm sure there'll be quite a few standing tickets available on the day. I guess there will be giant screens in town and a good atmosphere.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
waynos, Good to see you back. Good luck on the apartment purchase.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Planai is opening tomorrow, only the Märchenwiese, but from Thursday a lot more will be opened.....looks like we are the first lift to open AGAIN !!!! 8-)Not bad for a country that is notoriously low for first snows NehNeh
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kooky, shhh, don't tell everyone.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've got a couple of days holiday to use. It's very tempting to make a long weekend. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Here's the info on tomorrow's opening at Planai
http://www.planai.at/winter/de/planai_aktuell/News.html?viewPageDetails_ID=13296
snow report
Planai seem to have one lift open at the top.

http://ski.intermaps.com/Planai/skimap.asp?startdata=lifte

Are you supposed to walk up there?
snow conditions
topjack, a fun drive. looks like valley gondola will open soon.
snow report
Hiked up there a few times through the forest, wouldn't really fancy it carrying my kit. There's a road mind you if you are feeling lazy.

This looks fun.

http://www.planai.at/winter/en/planai_news/News.html?viewPageDetails_ID=12755
snow conditions
nozawaonsen, Nice but for 70E - quite pricy.
snow report
geepee wrote:
I've got a couple of days holiday to use. It's very tempting to make a long weekend. Madeye-Smiley

Ditto
snow report
Schuss in Boots wrote:

geepee wrote:

Ditto

Hmmm.... 2.5 days that need using up. Stop giving me ideas... Wink
latest report
I feel a cunning plan coming on... Toofy Grin
latest report
/me checks bahn.de for that direct train from here to there...
ski holidays
andy, Stubai is open down to the Talstation as well! snowHead wink
latest report
plans.. plans?.... I like plans!....
No heating or bar until the 20th November though... so at the moment they are mainly cold/dry plans!
latest report
flangesax, Ouch, you will be the only ones hoping for a warm front.
ski holidays
flangesax, Have you never heard of a 'breakfast bar'? Toofy Grin Multi-tasking is the way forward.... wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sod the cold - get your back bottom out here Schuss in Boots, Very Happy Ange x
latest report
wot ^^she said, Bootsy!!!!
snow report
kooky, A plan is hatching. Any info on planned openings would be good. wink
ski holidays
A little birdy told me Zauch is opening tomorrow, just a few lifts, and Planai seems to be opening a lot more lifts at the weekend, at the moment it´s just the Märchenwiese. It was a beautiful bluebird day today up there, I will load up a few pics later Twisted Evil
snow report
kooky, Thanks, all such info will make it very hard to resist. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
I wanna come ...but I can't Sad
ski holidays
geepee,
There are a couple of other pics from today there too, ENJOY!!!! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
kooky, You are doing a good job of putting me off.....
.... not coming. wink Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
geepee, Is this the bit where I insert my smut?
snow report
kooky, Yes, I did expect a come back as it were. wink
snow conditions
kooky wrote:
geepee,
There are a couple of other pics from today there too, ENJOY!!!! Madeye-Smiley

Great early winter ski pics, really getting me in the mood, in particular this one

ski holidays
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4631396913905
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy