Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Ski Amade Snow Reports 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
Skied with someone with over 80 days this season and he said it was the best piste conditions all season in the Gasteinertal.

Snow packed down nicely, hadn't melted and re-frozen except low down and very few people about.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hammerite, flachau is in fantastic condition, unfortunately I won't be skiing the rest of this week as I broke myself a bit Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx, Noooo
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx, wishing you a very very speedy recovery Crying or Very sad xx
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hammerite, I'm taking holidayloverxx's niece up to Zauchensee tomorrow. She is a second weeker but can cope with blues beautifully and is under control on most reds. We will most likely play on the Flachauwinkel side first then move round towards the Tauernkar side later on (Blue and Black 10). On Thursday we are hoping to do some of the Graffenberg side of Wagrain. flangesaxhas my contact details.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx, sorry to hear that, hope you recover soon.

Samerberg Sue, the plan is for us to go to Flachau tomorrow. Wagrain on Thursday sounds like it could be a go-er though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx, eeeep! Hopefully nothing too serious. Get better soon!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx, get well soon....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowing again....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for good.wishes, will post what happened later - I wasn't even skiing!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, oh no! Hope you will soon be fully mended. x
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
An amazing session on the Dachstein. An early run on the Edelgreis, involving a quick climb up some ladders and then a walking traverse for a few hundred meters, no falling zone. The ski patrol were still digging out the path, was pretty bum clenching stuff. We were amongst the first group of skiers to be here since yesterdays snow. An amazing 1400m vert descent down to Ramsau, a mix of soft spring snow, powder, crust, avi debris. Then got bus back up and did some excellent powder on the glacier.

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
waynos, nice Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hammerite, Glad to see you are all having such a great time Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Avalanche Poodle, yes great time thanks. Good to meet you, hope you got home safely without incident.

Had a good day skiing Planai yesterday with Ange, Kooky and Tracey. Lovely blue skies and a tad warm! Today skied Reiteralm and Hochwurzen with Snowdrop and her boys, another good day. Snow still good up high, harder work down low (well it is April). Best conditions we've had for an Easter ski trip.

Last ski day tomorrow Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
hammerite, Sorry we won't meet this time around but the heater incident has caused major rejigging of schedules. Just to let you know - it is snowing outside here in Altenmarkt right now! April just keeps on giving! snowHead
snow report
Samerberg Sue, I miss the bloody place!!!
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue, certainly does keep giving. No worries, hope you've had a good week considering. We've probably not been the most flexible, as it's our first time here we've wanted to spend a day in each area to try out as much as we could.

Wagrain tomorrow Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
waynos, I am training all summer and will be back out in the new season Cool
ski holidays
hammerite, was great to have met you and the family!! Have a safe journey back!
I am off for the last race of the season Crying or Very sad lets hope the pistes in Saalbach hold up as there are 3 runs Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
kooky, Good luck Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Avalanche Poodle, see you next season dude.

Some light snow overnight, a real "dust on crust" kind of day, ohh plus lots of low level cloud. So not the best conditions, even on the shady north faces there was a nasty breakable crust. More light snow forecast tonight, probably not enough to freshen up the off piste. The piste are still in great condition from peak to valley, shame it's the last day for most areas tomorrow.
snow conditions
Had a nice long piste ski today, did 3 of the 4 Schladming hills that are closing today (Hochwurzen, Planai & Haus). Conditions more like mid-winter than spring. Felt much colder than the -5 at 2000m suggested, probably as it was low cloud, light snow and of course no sun. The piste were hard packed all day other than the very lower sections that had gone just a little soft by mid afternoon. Such a shame the lifts close today, the snow depths are very healthy, no sign of any piste need closing due to lack of snow. the off piste has decent base but last couple of days has been crusty. So for next week will have to ski at reiteralm, zauchansee, obertauern, wagrain
snow conditions
waynos, sounds terrible Very Happy
ski holidays
Wonderful sunny day today, watching the piste bashers scrape the snow off perfectly good piste! It's wrong diddily wrong.
latest report
waynos, I know Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I felt like sobbing watching them tear up the pistes in Saalbach on Saturday. It´s just wrong Crying or Very sad
snow report
Boo.....
snow report
Radstadt has been sliced up too - the kids say it looks like the mountain is crying - I know I bloomin well am!
Been to Zauchensee today - amazing/awesome and empty. Very Happy Ange
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boo..... wink
ski holidays
Hope you had a good day Ange.

Hope the race went well kooky,

Shame they're slicing the pistes up even though the lifts are shut, the conditions were ridiculously good last week.
Thanks to flangesax, for a great week last week, we loved it.

Home and at work today Crying or Very sad
latest report
hammerite, you are most welcome. Lovely blue sky today - I will shut up now! Come back soon. Very Happy Ange
latest report
Why do they slice the pistes up rather than just letting them melt naturally? Is it a safety thing?
snow conditions
queen bodecia wrote:
Why do they slice the pistes up rather than just letting them melt naturally? Is it a safety thing?
Melts quicker so that the farmers can start their EU subsidised farming activities.
ski holidays
waynos, and so we can bike up to the huts wink
latest report
waynos, makes sense, thanks for the explanation. Must be such a sad sight. Roll on next season...
snow conditions
queen bodecia, its horrible to see, its the part of the year I hate watching! The cows will be on there the second it melts but it could be a while coz its pretty thick. Still got stuff open till 1st May though - then there is the option to walk up till its all gone. Sad Ange x
snow report
flangesax, WALK UP?????? This was Flachau space jet last year in May, LB and me had a right laugh trying to cycle down this Shocked
snow report
flangesax wrote:
Still got stuff open till 1st May though - then there is the option to walk up till its all gone. Sad Ange x

Bl00dy hell Ange, you got well gnarly when I wasn't looking!
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
flangesax wrote:
Still got stuff open till 1st May though - then there is the option to walk up till its all gone. Sad Ange x

Bl00dy hell Ange, you got well gnarly when I wasn't looking!

Tell me about it. She took it upon herself to frighten the cr@p outa me when I was there... "follow me... just a leetle bit off piste.... just down here... mind the cliff edge... don't worry... you'll be fine...." Shocked Laughing
latest report
No mud skipping yet? Twas a fun run down in Obertauern at the end of the day way back in November.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy