Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Ski Amade Snow Reports 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
Kersh wrote:
All going well in Gastein. Sportgastein was due to end daily operation next weekend (6th/7th)and revert to just Sat and Sun but the lift company are now keeping it open until the 14th! snowHead More fresh snow today too!

Cheers
Kersh

Excellent. I fly back on the 14th.

Graukogel superb today. Even skiable to the bottom (it had been bashed till the last 100m).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kooky wrote:
Avalanche Poodle, it´s amazing what you can find by sticking your wet nose in people crotches wink

It was your hole that really got me cold and wet Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Off to the Bar with you, you smutty people! Twisted Evil
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow next week's forecast is looking interesting. I'm used to Easter being warm and slushy, instead it's looking cold and powdery Very Happy Just hope we'll be able to see where we're going!

holidayloverxx wrote:
3 sleeps. Who's around my way next week? I'll have my neice on her second week weds - friday. we'll be sticking to Flachau Sun-Tues as she has ski school in the morning

We are staying at Flangesax's. No idea what we're doing when though, never been to the area before so will need to find our feet before putting together a plan (seeing where our mood takes us).

Does anyone have any of the ski area maps available as PDFs? I like to put them on the iPad so we can check out an area the night before we're head that way.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hammerite, There is a Ski Amadé App you can download for free. It is regularly updated as well and has loads of information.

I'll see you at Haus Susanne as I'm in the area as well. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hammerite wrote:
Does anyone have any of the ski area maps available as PDFs? I like to put them on the iPad so we can check out an area the night before we're head that way.

If the app is no good then try this PDF. It is the latest one as it shows the planned new G link in Wagrain. Be careful of some of the maps found on line as they are well out of date. I didn't realise that so many slopes in Flachau/Wagrain have been regraded from blue to red over the years!!!

http://www.flachau.at/pdf/sportwelt_kl.pdf
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowheads68, I love the Graukogel and often overlooked! However the lift will shut on Sunday according the the schedule, but if the conditions are good, maybe they'll keep it open!! snowHead

Have fun.

Cheers
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jimmybog, The App is fine on my iPad. I've seen it being used on all sorts of smart phones this season, so I don't think it is necessarily restricted to one platform. The Ski Amadé promotion people are pretty good at getting their info out there into the cyberworld! snowHead Laughing Quite funny seeing people looking at their phones and mini-tablets at the bottom/top of practically all the lifts instead seeing flapping piste maps. The free WiFi at the top and base stations plus in many of the huts is really quite amazing.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
jimmybog, The App is fine on my iPad. I've seen it being used on all sorts of smart phones this season, so I don't think it is necessarily restricted to one platform. The Ski Amadé promotion people are pretty good at getting their info out there into the cyberworld! snowHead Laughing Quite funny seeing people looking at their phones and mini-tablets at the bottom/top of practically all the lifts instead seeing flapping piste maps. The free WiFi at the top and base stations plus in many of the huts is really quite amazing.

I was probably one of the few who was still using the fold out maps as I don't have a smart phone yet. I'll make sure I have one for next year. And yes I am really impressed with the Ski Amade team/management. They really do seem to have got it right in my opinion. They seem to go to extra lengths to ensure that everything is running smoothly, from the piste management, lift facility's, busses etc. One thing I forgot to write about in my Wagrain report recently was the lack of queues at the lifts. I know that I was there at probably one of the quietest times of the season but there were still a lot of people on the slopes (on the sunnier days). Yet the lift queues were nearly non existant. I can only remember queues on one day at the top of the Grafenberg section at the chairlift below the blue run there. And that queue was mainly to do with so many ski classes that day.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Samerberg Sue, jimmybog, thanks will check out both.

I don't carry the ipad with me during the day, try to travel light and although I have a smartphone it's steam driven and not so smart any more! So I'm a happy foldy map user.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Phones are rubbish for viewing in a bright, snowy environment. Maps for me Little Angel
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hammerite, No doubt we'll catch up through the week; I'll be hoping to catch up with Ange as well as others.

Paper map for me too, when I don't have my personal guides!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hammerite, I have my SIMless iPad in my rucksack as I often take a run or two out and sit in a hut reading my kindle app books. I don't have a smart phone either, my Austrian phone for example simply allows calls in/out and the same for text messages. I usually have a paper map in my pocket as well. The beauty of the App is that it allows planning as well as checking out in bad weather without the need of making any Internet connections. We used it last year in a hut to make a decision together about whether to press on or to turn around and head for home when the weather closed in!

The version I have also has lots of info about the base resorts as well - location of ATMs, pharmacies, restaurants, banks, etc. these things are not included on the paper-based piste maps. wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
App loaded onto iPad. Just need to pack now.

Could be a quiet week in the area.... my voice seems to be going from croaky, to squeaky to non existent. If only it would happen to Jnr then we'd all be happy Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Woke up this morning to deepest winter again Very Happy It is dumping it down here, estimated 20cms and cold( minus 6 at the moment) heading up to Zauchensee and will post some pics later.
hammerite, Snowdrop, Holidaylover, you sure picked a great time to arrive Madeye-Smiley
edit: Just saw on the Zauchensee FB page, 40 cms fresh.......who need Eater Eggs when you have that to play with Cool
ski holidays
kooky, on planai gondel, minutes away from powder on piste and no-one around.
snow report
waynos, i am heading over to Zauchensee, I know what holes to avoid falling in over there....at least, I think I do rolling eyes
snow conditions
Sounds rubbish
latest report
Sounds rubbish
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, it is cack, I will ski it for you....

Wet snow below the mid station at flachau, beautiful above the mid station
snow report
Looks great on the webcams today!
snow report
This winter just keeps on giving and giving! Lovely soft snow to play in today on the Flachau slopes. I was late as we had way more in Oberbayern than has fallen here! Green and pleasant(if wet) last night knee deep in thick wet snow this morning.

hammerite, I'm in the Rosner in Altenmarket as there was no room at the inn for me in either Haus Susanne or Wolfie & Alex's place just down the road. Skiing with holidayloverxx and her niece, plus anyone else who cares to join us. We are tied to Flacuau until Tuesday, but after that, Schau ma' mal! (as they repeatedly say in my neck of the woods) snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
Kersh, Can I just say how awesome it was!!
Did some great lines through the forest with Avalanche Poodle, hardly saw anyone else off piste all day !
waynos, we met up with J&T and co and all swapped skis which made for some "interesting" results Shocked Laughing Laughing
Viz was very iffy, and towards the end of the day the off piste did get incredibly heavy. pistes were as to be expected very mogulled, and the last run down saw scraped patches, slush and bumps....but hey, it´s all good Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Sooooo jealous. We still have snow here (which in fairness is a bit bizarre for Easter/clocks going forward) but not enough to ski on...
latest report
Awesome day. Waynos Jnr is getting into this powder thing.

ski holidays
waynos,

Fantastic, how old is junior ?

PS that snow was supposed to fall further east, just hand it over and w'll leave it at that. wink
ski holidays
Half a meter of fresh snow at the top for the last day of Graukogel.

Opened late and then they closed the red due to avalanche danger.
snow report
Samerberg Sue,
Quote:

no room at the inn for me in either Haus Susanne or Wolfie & Alex's

you have made that up, don't know why Puzzled
Ange
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just back from a few knee deep runs in Zauchensee!
Awesome conditions! the shaded snow is still very fluffy whilst the sunnier areas were starting to get a bit heavier on the last run.
left Waynos to it as it is also the last day at Radstadt today so family Sax are off up there for the afternoon!
snow conditions
flangesax, Didn't do much more skiing after you left, many tired legs. A great powder session, though Zauch is the local fat ski location so gets tracked out too quickly.

Ben tracking upwards.

Now to trawl the the no-pro video
latest report
Awesome guys - enjoy Radder's last hurrah today Happy
ski holidays
fab day in flachau. we didn't do much as my niece is only on her second week and has her lessons in the mornings - almost parallel and happily sking the red runs though!

hope to catch up with folk later in the week
latest report
Timberwolf, you were asking what conditions would be like in Easter. Hopefully question answered?

http://youtube.com/v/H2wAXwOPFTI
snow report
Loud and clear waynos, Although we did have the 'odd' few cms last week in Les Arcs wink People aren't as friendly there though, especially hire shop managers who charge me a fortune when I break a pair of their skis Puzzled
latest report
flangesax, Both you and Wolfie's place were showing as being booked up over the weekend and according to your planner you only had a 4-bed room left for this week and I did not want to block that for you. I was just too slow booking Wolfie's last week. I suspect that it was only this weekend though and probably now there is space. Loads of cars heading up the A10 as I came back this afternoon.
latest report
All I have to say about today is.....WOW Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley One of the best powder days all season, skied Dachstein West, was virtually deserted, with I don´t even know how much powder, but it was deep!!!!!

It was the last day of the season, and heartbreaking to see the lifts close, time to get skinning. One funny thing today, Scarpa had a spectacular head over heels fall into a hole even bigger than mine Shocked I made sure I pointed, laughed and took photos as he dug his way out though wink
snow report
kooky, Never mind my arm being up to the shoulder in your hole, my leg was in mine up to the waist Shocked
snow report
What an amazing day. Today will live in my memory with an intensity that will be relived many times once the snow has gone Cool
ski holidays
Unfortunately missed out on an afternoon's skiing yesterday as we got to the ski hire place and they were shut for lunch until mid afternoon. We hadn't planned to ski but as everything worked so well with the journey we found ourselves here early and would've been able to be skiing by 1pm. We had a good drive around checking out the areas and getting our bearings.

All was not lost though as we probably had our best first day holiday skiing ever today. We don't do OP (lack of experience/knowledge rather than desire), but the runs around Altenmarkt/Radstadt were in fantastic condition and everything just felt so easy, found our ski legs very quickly. Then went up to Zauchensee this afternoon, bit choppier after a full day of sun, my "technique" went out the window, but still good fun.

holidayloverxx, Samerberg Sue, we're going to do Flachauwinkl/Kleinarl/Zauchensee tomorrow. The rest of the week we haven't planned what we're doing when yet, but thinking of a day at Flachau, day doing Reiteralm/Hochwurzen, day doing Schladming, then a day doing whatever floats our boat. So if that ties in with your plans we could meet?
snow conditions
Another good day. Messed about in The Stash for a bit this morning then headed over to Zauchensee, I put down the second least impressive time on the slalom the worst coming from the OH just before me. Felt warm most of the day, but started to get colder towards the end of the day.

Last run was heavy going, legs are feeling weary now!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy