Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Ski Amade Snow Reports 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
clarky999, it stopped snowing here a while ago and was only gave a few cm's in Bad Hofgastein (857m) over the last 24 hours. Comditions are worth the drive over here but I reckon there must be somewhere as good closer to you.

Hope that helps?

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kersh, thanks, thought might be the case.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kersh wrote:
Well, just to clarify the situation in Gastein following snowheads68's comments, there was a dusting in Hofgastein, 13cm in my garden in Bad Gastein (I went outside and measured it ... the depth of snow where it wasn't yesterday!) and I don't take rulers up the mountain with me! However any snowsports fan will know there was way more than my 20cm estimate.

Look, it doesn't matter how much there was, the bottom line is the conditions were brilliant today!! snowHead snowHead Unfortunately, I leave in the morning. Sad

Cheers
Kersh

You don't have to justify your comments Kersh. You've given us some great up to date reports recently and no one should have reason to doubt you. Glad you enjoyed your trip. I'm out there tomorrow to Wagrain and looks like plenty of snow has fallen over the last 36 hours. Can't wait!!! snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
clarky999, shame i didn't stumble on your comments lastnight!
amazing conditions over here.... met up with Waynos this morning at Planai/Haus. Just got back (still nursing dodgy ankle)... best March pow lines I can remember!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flangesax, The afternoon was even better. Found excellent lines, though east face of haus was a little disappointing with less snow and hard crunchy, elsewhere was spot on though. Mrs flangesax, was a legend, her best quote of the day "I think my tits just popped out my bra" and that hairy / not hairy face thing!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
flangesax, waynos, Dammit, still, 'made do' over here wink

Next time!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
waynos, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
waynos, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bluebird day,avi risk 4, new snow badly bonded and high winds higher up.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
waynos, Go steady
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
waynos, geepee, Timberwolf, I aim to please - narrowly escaped 2 black eyes!!!! Laughing Ange
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
2 weeks and counting. Loving this week's reports.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A perfect spring powder day Very Happy

Did a couple of mini ski tours, the odd boot pack and just playing off deep in the trees, all assuring we had our own personal playground whilst the masses fought over some piste thingy. We in fact saw 2 skiers helicoptered off the same slope within one hour of each other, the very wide, very fast, busy Mitterhaus slope, it's dangerous out there on the slopes, even on a risk 4 day I'd rather take my chances off piste, in safe areas of course.

and a short video of my good self enjoying some rather tasty powder.

http://youtube.com/v/-FBpXucF89s
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nice!!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A very warm day here in Maria Alm on the lower slopes. T shirt weather.
Snow was very slushy which was great fun on the snowboards, slopes on Natrun were empty.
It's dropping to -1 tonight so should firm up, will be on Aberg then over to Dienten & Muhlbach tomorrow so will post a report tomorrow night.
ski holidays
Had some great fresh snow a few days ago, perfect forest skiing. Conditions still good in A made,
ski holidays
Missing it already. Although we do have plenty of white stuff back here in deepest darkest Derbyshire, it's just not the same. I had 4 fabulous days in Ski Amadé. I was even introduced to the dark side (thanks Scarpa, kooky, Samerberg Sue)...
latest report
queen bodecia wrote:
I was even introduced to the dark side

You've become a Boarder Shocked Shocked Shocked

So, how's it panning out? I arrive next Saturday, skiing from Sunday...
latest report
holidayloverxx, haha not that dark thankfully... wink

I think some more snow is forecast this week. We had a mix of lovely fresh snow and a couple of sunny days, really couldn't have been better. Hope you have a fab time!
snow conditions
Heading out for Easter, skiing only on Sat+Sun, current forecast isn't terrific - either a bit colder or more sun would be great! Staying in Radstadt, anywhere good to head if it is wet or poor vis?
latest report
Loads of places and I would not worry about the snow just yet. I'm taking a a couple of days break from the area having skied like crazy the last few days. There is more snow today and also tomorrow plus it is really cold down her.

Do you have some transport to get around while you are there? The buses are still running from Radstadt as long as the local mountain is open, then they stop (after April 1st). With your own wheels you can cover more of the area and of course more quickly.
snow report
driz, not looking too bad, cool with some snow http://www.bergfex.com/schladming-planai/wetter/

Piste are in A1 condition, was skiing at Radstadt today, overnight freeze meant nice firm piste in the morning with lower slopes a bit slushy on afternoon. Very quiet on the mountain, which is a good thing.
snow conditions
waynos, fancy a ski tomorrow?
I was planning a break today, 18 consecutive ski days and I was feeling a bit jaded, but Kooky Junior(the Darksider) wanted to go up rolling eyes Does it make me a bad mum as I told her only on condition she took the skis and not the board Cool
snow report
Same conditions here as waynos said, crusty this morning but softened up really quickly, then fine snow all afternoon and evening. More expected tomorrow. Couldn't ask for better really.
snow report
4 sleeps. Can't wait....
snow report
Its snowing Madeye-Smiley Looks like a few cms down here in the valley and minus 4!!!! Popping up to Zauchensee looks like a lot has fallen up there AND it´s minus 10 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
No time to do a proper TR at the moment - and I doubt there's anything I could say about Ski Amade that hasn't been said by more expert people - but, in short, I had a simply BRILLIANT four days and that was in no small part thanks to all the folks who were in Haus Susanne for the first two (not least Mr & Mrs Flangesax and the Minisaxes) and to Samerberg Sue, Scarpa, Queen Bodecia and kooky. Thank you so much for guiding (aargghhh! wink ) for chauffeuring me about the place, for skiing with me and generally for being brilliant company. Very Happy A wonderful stolen trip, but back to reality with a vengeance now. Sad
latest report
kooky, heading to zauch soon, will meet up with ben and mr stacey
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pedantica, told you!
ski holidays
Pedantica, echoed. What a totally fabulous four days. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Been snowing non-stop since yesterday evening, but most unproductive. A disappointing few cms of fresh up the hill, no more than in town. A dust in crust day, educational off piste skiing. Still coming down, a fine drizzly snow, seemingly quite steady but not really accumulating, it's certainly cold enough, well below freezing. See what tonight brings, forecast is looking really quite good for the next couple of weeks with quite cold temps and snowfall. Next significant snow forecast for the weekend.
ski holidays
waynos, , he has a name, Grafneski, but he is a bit shy!!! Very Happy. Ange
ski holidays
Pedantica, good to meet you and ski with you, see you in a few weeks. Very Happy. Ange
snow report
We did find small pockets of powder Cool
snow report
So what did Poodle do to merit his name change? Hard to keep up round here.
snow report
All going well in Gastein. Sportgastein was due to end daily operation next weekend (6th/7th)and revert to just Sat and Sun but the lift company are now keeping it open until the 14th! snowHead More fresh snow today too!

Cheers
Kersh
snow conditions
There on Sunday, can't wait!
snow conditions
Avalanche Poodle, it´s amazing what you can find by sticking your wet nose in people crotches wink
ski holidays
I've always wondered how dogs get wet noses.
latest report
3 sleeps. Who's around my way next week? I'll have my neice on her second week weds - friday. we'll be sticking to Flachau Sun-Tues as she has ski school in the morning
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy