Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Ski Amade Snow Reports 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
kooky, twas empty, should have come! Haha Ange Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kooky as Ange said was bloody empty at reiteralm other than ski racers and the slip crews.

Ange with the Jamaican ski team

I bumped into all of the British ski team and wished him luck for tomorrow. In keeping with the SL feel of the mountain I took my SL skis for their first spin of the season. Man these things should be banned, they encourage high speed carving, though of course stacks of fun. My knackered, soft, floppy, blunt off piste skis are much safer, everyone should have the same such skis - for piste skiing only.

Piste conditions were great with a few cms of fresh snow, a few icy patches about but on empty slopes not issue.

Will be quiet this area tomorrow I should think, probably carnage on Monday.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
"I bumped into all of the British ski team and wished him luck for tomorrow."

Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kicking in Schladming town tonight. Caught the end of Tina Maze singing "we are the champions", freddie has no competition here, though Tina does have the advantage of being alive. After her some dodgy bloke in shorts sporting a dodgy gel infested hairstyle. I gather from the heaps of people in town watching him he's quite popular. Austrians may produce some okay skiers (silver and bronzy types) but they don't really do music any more.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another day more powder. A small ski tour this morning resulted in lots of untouched powder. Snow really good condition considering it hasn't much recently. Spent afternoon enjoying the men's SL, dream finish for team austria. Lots of drunken fans kicking about now, we should get our sleepy alpine town back soon.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We skied Flachau today. No new fresh snow for 24hrs, however, what was around stayed in good nick for most of the day, remaining relatively smooth on the piste compared to the last two days when the the fresh snow was getting considerably mounded and more difficult to ski in places by about 11am. We dropped down to the foot of the Achterjet at about 1130 and the temp. down there was showing at +8C Shocked You can tell it has been plus temps. down there as most of the snow in the carpark is melted. The snow at the mid station was in cracking form though, 'squeaky', and ideal underfoot, obviously the temp had remained the 'right' side of zero up there.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
At the end of my current ski trip out to Schladming. Actually sat at Linz airport enjoying a coffee with my ryanair 5 euro voucher for the current 3 hour delay to my flight back to the UK. Technical fault on the plane, next info at 13:30. Hmm well if the flight is cancelled i'll probably get bumped back to the Thursday flight, given the forecast for the coming week I'm sure I could work out my frustration in some fresh powder. Actually started snowing here at Linz.

Been a great couple of weeks in Schladming coinciding with the World Champs. I didn't pay to watch any races as have done the nightrace and world cup finals last year. Still soaked up the atmosphere around town and enjoyed the very quiet skiing up the local mountains. Should have been very busy but the world champs I guess put off skiers and replaced with party going ski fans. Enjoyed some terrific powder conditions over the last 2 weeks, despite not much new snow fall in the last week kept finding really nice off piste conditions, the cool temps have kept the snow good.

Will be interesting to see the longer term legacy of the World Champs. I'll be back, quite soon in fact.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
waynos, Was good to ski with you fella. Hopefully there will be another big powder dump by the time you return. God, those race lines are damn icy Smile Did a day around Reiteralm today, fantastic snow from mid morning but some of the tree lines and bumps under the lifts are getting a bit scraped.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scarpa, I'm still at linz airport,I could be back to schladming very soon. is it snowing in radstadt is here.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
waynos, http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No new snow in Flachau today. It was just starting to dust down a few odd flakes as we came in tonight. The pistes were on the firm side of things. A stiff breeze at the top was redistributing what loose snow was around,but this almost seemed to benefit many pistes as it gave most an evenly spread top layer of skiable snow, obviously this effect was more pronounced in the exposed areas. There were still odd icy patches to look out for, but I found the hard pistes actually quite skiable, and because there was not too much loose snow there was no problem with mounded snow later in the day. Temps seem to have stayed sub zero top and bottom of the hill all day.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
waynos, DO NOT READ THIS NEXT BIT

plenty of powder up at Zauch today, the lines through the forests were incredible, floaty knee deep bouncy stuff that just makes you go Madeye-Smiley
I did meet a rather strange man in the woods who offered me chocolate though Shocked

When I left the pistes were horrid, all mogulled up with lots of bodies to avoid skiing over/into. Was pretty chilly up there and still snowing Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We woke to about 5-8cm of fresh powder Very Happy

Unlike kooky, we enjoyed it over a pisted surface, but it was still good fun to ski through. It continued to snow moderately up the top of the hill all day, but seemed to peter out lower down. Despite a lot of traffic on it the top slopes were holding up well by mid afternoon and fun could still be had gliding over a number of areas that weren't mounded beyond belief. The red below the flying mozart was well moguled, and I must admit I waited at the top for the rest of my crowd, as the top of it looked very formidable at around 2pm, I suspect it would have been good fun in the powder earlier in the day. The light played around a bit, and flattened in places to cause a few problems with definition and 'where is the edge of the piste!!', but vis was relatively good despite that and I have skied in much, much worse. Light wise it was better than I expected it to be.

Tonight it was still snowing when we returned aroudn 6:30pm even at town level. I think it's looking good for another early start tomorrow Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The was a small amount of snow overnight just to freshen the top of the bashed pistes. The going was good to firm (to use racing parlance). We skied the rote8er and the snow was good and deep over there with quite a good fresh top in places. The upper Flachau slopes got a little scraped in places, but were skiing well this afternoon.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

warning to snowHead s decending upon us over the next few weeks - it truely is terrible here - and Scarpa .......well.....is Scarpa!!!!!!!!!
Ange wink
snow report
You must do the vulture dance at every face plant or the mountain gods get angry.
ski holidays
Laughing Laughing Laughing Love it!
ski holidays
queen bodecia, +1

flangesax, Can you turn? Nooooooooo.............! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Any updates from those on the ground in Ski Amade? I'm there from Friday!! Toofy Grin

Looks warm at the moment with temps due to plunge next week?

Cheers
latest report
Bergfex is promising lots of snow next week. Please oh weather gods can we have some sun the week after that?
ski holidays
http://www.bergfex.at/flachau/wetter/
snow conditions
Well, not all that great here in Gastein at the moment. Been warm, overcast and raining in the valley today. Haven't been skiing but neighbours said it was heavy going up the Stubnerkogel although Sportgastein has been reporting good conditions as you'd expect being higher up. However, given the people hitting the bars for apres ski at about 2.30, i'm glad the only action my skis saw today was some new wax! The plunge in temps is forecast for the end of the week though, fingers crossed.

Kersh
snow report
Just got home from ski Amade today, been wall to wall sunshine all week, conditions were perfect beginning of the week, bit slushy low down Thurs and although warmer yesterday the skiing was great. Today was dull and raining, with the forecast showing lots of snow and plummeting temps this week, may not be so good early in the week as its been so warm but middle to the end of the week should be good with it all topped up, have fun snowHead
ski holidays
We did need a damn good top up. Today was rain in the valleys but falling as snow higher up. The next few days are due to see the temps drop a few degrees and more snow to fall. It may not be the bluebird days of the previous fortnight ahead of us, but it's still going to be fine skiing with some fantastic runs.
latest report
Not too bad today. Was snowing in the valley early morning and snow in the trees at about 1000m. Cleared nicely in the afternoon, sunshine forecast for tomorrow then back to cold and snow.

Kersh
latest report
We've had 2 lovely days back to back here. Piste conditions up on mountain was perfect with spring conditions in the valleys. Looks like the return to colder conditions starts tomorrow and Thursday!!!

Cheers
Kersh
snow report
Snowy day today topped up the snow on top but too warm in the valley for it to settle ... but how that changed about 5pm when the snow got heavier and the temps dropped. Snowing steadily now and settling nicely throughout. Time to light a fire, beer and prep skis for tomorrow, looking good!!! snowHead snowHead

Cheers
Kersh
snow report
Race you to first tracks Cool
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nice Kersh, let's have some pics if its good tomorrow
ski holidays
Scarpa, you'll beat me for sure .... first off is to get Kersh jnr to ski school for 10! Mad May head to the Graukogel instead of the main area, i'll be sure to find some fresh there!!!

Speedster, will post some pics if it's not a white out.

Cheers
Kersh
latest report
good updates guys. I arrive tomorrow for a few days of powder Very Happy
latest report
Well, what a difference a night makes. About an extra 20cm in Bad Gastein this morning and still snowing. Pistes are covered in fresh snow and very cold (Stubnerkogel summit currently -14). A little wind blown in places but soooooo different to the spring conditions of a few days ago. Due to continue snowimg until Sat.

Cheers
Kersh
snow report
Kersh wrote:
Well, what a difference a night makes. About an extra 20cm in Bad Gastein this morning and still snowing. Pistes are covered in fresh snow and very cold (Stubnerkogel summit currently -14). A little wind blown in places but soooooo different to the spring conditions of a few days ago. Due to continue snowimg until Sat.

Cheers
Kersh
20cms?

10cms at a push.

Wouldn't call a few flakes meandering down "still snowing" either.
snow conditions
snowheads68, Did you write that from your hotel or at 2000m on Sport Gastein?

Just back from Zauchensee (where it is snowing hard and a bit windy).
In excess of 30cm over night above about 1600m.
Best pow was very early sitting on the pistes!
The crud is offering a concrete layer under the fresh off piste with pockets of real fluffy stuff. Can be caught out by having no play in the base though!
ski holidays
flangesax, Laughing Laughing Laughing
There was well over 30cms fresh !!!!!!!
Scarpa flangesax, (Ange) and me found untracked runs down through the trees every single time, was some of the nicest skiing I have had in ages, bit chipper, not complaining though as it kept the powder light and fine. More of the same tomorrow too Cool
snow report
kooky, yes please - dont ski on my lines though!!!! Smile Ange
snow report
flangesax Would i do that? Twisted Evil Anyway, as long as you don´t ski over my tips!!!!! Laughing Laughing
snow report
50cms in schladming!
ski holidays
Well, just to clarify the situation in Gastein following snowheads68's comments, there was a dusting in Hofgastein, 13cm in my garden in Bad Gastein (I went outside and measured it ... the depth of snow where it wasn't yesterday!) and I don't take rulers up the mountain with me! However any snowsports fan will know there was way more than my 20cm estimate.

Look, it doesn't matter how much there was, the bottom line is the conditions were brilliant today!! snowHead snowHead Unfortunately, I leave in the morning. Sad

Cheers
Kersh
latest report
Still snowing over you way? We got maybe 5-10cms overnight (700m), with little snowfall during the day... Have tomorrow (Friday) off, so if things aren't looking better by 6am I'm contemplating driving somewhere further afield. Don't want to blow lift pass/petrol money for only 'half-decent' conditions though, as I'm not exactly flush atm...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy