Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Serre Chevalier Snow Report 2012/2013

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

And it's snowing hard again.

snowHead
It is funny as we're going to 3V the first week and I have not really thought about there at all...Can't wait to go back to The Troll for a meal - thanks for telling us about it.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A week later...anyone...how are things in Serre Che?

Looking forward to getting out there after Christmas...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SCGB reporting

Upper piste depth 160cm
Lower piste depth 40cm

64cm predicted in next 9 days - could be nice.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chasseur, Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chamoissiere garden
This is our apartment garden taken this morning by mel@eurekaski. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing it with you. 75cm of fresh snow fell overnight, and has taken snow depths to 90cm at the bottom (1200m) and 250cm at the top (2800). Nice views of those pistes in the background. SoPi bashers will recognise it as the ski servicing room.
snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The link between Villeneuve and Monetier will not be open as the avalanche risk currently stands at 5. Advice is not to leave the pisted runs and to take care.

http://www.serre-chevalier.com/en/opening-ski-area-15-december-2012/
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

75cm of fresh snow fell overnight, and has taken snow depths to 90cm at the bottom (1200m) and 250cm at the top (2800)

*Envy*

Have a great season, Serre Che...! I'll be back next year, with Little Miss Carlos in tow for her first trip...! A one year old can ski, right? Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hells Bells, Now that IS a lot of snow. snowHead Toofy Grin snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi All,

Belated Merry Christmas and early-ish Happy New Year.

What's the latest on conditions round Serre Che? Heading out on Friday and really looking forward to it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kevin Byrne, not out there until the 5th Jan this year, so can't help, although webcams do look good. Snowing now according to Tourist office on Facebook.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looking at the crowds on the Serre Ratier webcam this morning, I am rather glad we aren't out until after the Christmas and New Year crowds leave. It is heaving. However, perhaps that is because the link across to Monetier is shut and Cucumelle is obviously totally empty.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
First day of skiing on 9th... hoping for another dump between now and then to hide those tracks!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
First day in Serre Che today.
Finding our skiing legs we skied up and down the valley, with the exception of Monetier...didn't get that far.
Plenty of snow for now and even the south side runs off the Prorel are all skiable. Good to see them in decent condition. The resort off piste, 'brute de neige' if I've got it right, is all tracked out. People everywhere. Avalanche risk at 3 but that didn't seem to bother too many!
Hoards of people everywhere as I said...queues at the lifts and the odd crash on the slopes. Of course it is one of the busiest weeks and in fairness it wasn't so bad. We're just too used to coming in the less busy times.
And the forecast is pretty good Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Text received from MarjMJ yesterday evening :-

Just having pot d'accueil at Pre Chabert. Skiing great high up. Mega mega busy though, had to do a drag lift it was that bad. Bluebird day.
snow conditions
Busy isn't the word for it. Hoards of people, all enjoying themselves.

We did a lot today up and down the valley. Probably skied for 5 hours excl lunch. Queues don't help but we must have done a lot...thighs are still burning.
In a few places the snow is beginning to wear and the stones are beginning to show. Overall though, still in great condition.

Not a cloud to be seen the last 3 days but unfortunately that looks like changing tommorrow. The good side of course is that there could be some more snow...

The town of Briancon put on a New Year's Eve spectaclar - a re-enactment of the children's story of the Ice Queen, complete with ice-skating on the lake in the town park, plus a pony, husky dogs and lots of pyrotechnics plus of course the actors and the music. Great.

Happy New Year y'all.
latest report
Kevin Byrne, Happy New Year. Can't wait to get out there.
latest report
So, Tuesday was a bit of a write off. Poor visibility and then snow. We went for a walk Little Angel

Today normal service resumed - sunshine and some fresh snow from yesterday and overnight...about 5 or 6 cm I guess. Every little helps.
Plus the number of people has reduced somewhat so that was good too.

Tomorrow we'll either snow-shoe or take the skins...depends on what the mood dictates in the morning.

@ Helen, looks like you'll have some good weather to begin. Enjoy it.

Dunno when we'll get back again - prob not til March, but haven't written Feb off completely yet.
latest report
The last post...well for this visit.

Great week snow and weather-wise.

Here's a few pics to whet the appetite:

Cibouit moguls

Tabuc looking gentle from this angle

The Yret in the distance
ski holidays
Quite warm for January, but the snow on piste is still good. We haven't ventured off, as it was our first day on skis this season, and we got up late, drankc champagne (it's no 2 son's birthday) and then had to take the storage wax off ths skis, and take J's new skis to get the bindings put on. So I was exhausted by the time we got to the pistes, so we had lunch then skied.
Laughing I then had a bit of a boot faff incident when my buckles had readjusted themselves and tried to cut off my circulation. Quite why they were set to fit the calves of an anorexic teenager I have no idea, but I think they are sorted now.
Hopefully out earlier in the morning.
snow report
Hells Bells, 1) Happy Birthday to No 2 son! 2) So J did manage to find Santa Claus after all! That's made me want some new Dynastars all over again, having had at least a month's total conviction that I don't need them.
snow conditions
Pedantica, oh yes, the Dynastar Cham 97s will be out on the snow tomorrow, and I'm sure there may be a photo or two.
snow report
Lovely sunny day, pistes a little hard this morning, but an excellent day, all I really have to say is that the bases of hubby's new skis glow green.
snow conditions
A beautiful blue sky day, and not as warm as yesterday but still very pleasant for January. Skied around Monetier before lunch at Peyra Juana , then over onto Cucumelle this afternoon, before heading back to Monetier, and a couple of runs on Cibouit red before heading back down to the village via Aya ( aka Brokeneck Mountain). Pistes are in brilliant shape, a few bobbles forming lower down, but excellent cover, and no ice spotted yet. Must take some pics tomorrow.
snow report
Light snow falling this morning.
latest report
Thanks for the updates, keep them coming - I'm out in 2 weeks Happy
snow report
Snowed for most of the day, windy up high so we stayed in the trees in Monetier for most of the afternoon. Colder this evening, but it has stopped snowing down in the village.
latest report
Very cold today, but bright and sunny. Winds were light, but ICY!!. It would be amazing if it got above freezing anywhere on the mountain today. Thank goodness for my boot heaters and a long lunch in the Troll.
They've been making a lot of snow , but for some reason are failing to spread it all out nicely, leaving oddly shaped piles of it all over the place. Maybe because they are making it long after the piste bashers have gone home. Pistes are very quiet, but there's starting to be a few icy patches in places, especially around the bottoms by the lifts. Off-piste is not really worth the bother until we get some fresh snow which is forecast for tomorrow.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hells Bells, looks like there is some strange snow piling going on in Risoul not too far from SC. Do they just leave it in piles for future use?
snow report
dobby, not seen it like this before. It's very cold today, and been snowing on an off for most of it. The piles are in some odd places, like right in the middle of a bottleneck. OK, so it might slow some idiots down, but it is making it difficiult to ski for the rest of us, and the place is not crowded anyway. One one piste which could really do with some doesn't appear to have been using thr cannons, as it was rock hard this morning before it had a fresh covering of snow.
snow conditions
Hells Bells, v odd.....
latest report
Lovely weather today. The morning cloud lifted to give us a nice sunny day. There was lots of snow over the weekend so everything seems in good condition. Didn't queue for a single lift, which was nice!

First day of our holiday, so the quads are a bit sore. Nice lunch at Le Break. Looking forward to a lesson tomorrow to get the confidence back.
latest report
Jenniper, we left on Saturday morning in heavy snow, I believe they closed the Col du Lauteret later. I hope you have a good week.
snow report
Hells Bells, thanks! Cool
latest report
Jenniper, whats it like in Serre Che today? Very Happy
ski holidays
Fabulous today! Yesterday was snowy with poor vis, but today has been glorious. A few icy patches around though.
ski holidays
Hot and cold today.

You know when you watch David Attenborough programmes about the poles, and it shows the snow being blown across the Antarctic like dust? That. It was so windy up top, the Rocher Blanc lift was paaaaaaainful! Nice and warm further down though.

Most pistes holding up well but some small ice patches appearing. High up where the powder has been blown away it is getting a bit hard-packy, but it's still great everywhere! Due another dump soon though methinks.
ski holidays
Getting icier out there. Not much snow forecast, possibly some overnight on Sunday and Monday. Yr.no forecasting lots of snow next weekend but that's a bit too far away to predict really. Still very enjoyable up on the mountain.
snow report
Any updates? Flying over the pond this weekend to visit this weekend and next week!
snow report
a2thak, there's some more snow forecast for later this week I think.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy