Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Serre Chevalier Snow Report 2012/2013

Poster: A snowHead
yes, I know it's early, but here's the first picture from the webcams.

http://www.serre-chevalier.com/hiver/ski-alpes/live/webcam/

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 16-10-12 10:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
view of Cucumelle

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowHead

Because this is in Apres, I half expected to see pictures of Serre Ratier's bars Laughing wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or was Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The powers of moderation Chasseur, Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent weather for sport climbing in the valley above Monetier a week ago. Smile
But now that the Summer is done....let's hope for a good ski season. And a safe one.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kevin Byrne, we've only been back ourselves a couple of weeks, must have just missed you.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some 'weather' on the webcams this morning, but the visibility is too bad to actually see anything on those that are working. Looks like it could be some white stuff though.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
At last the Cucumelle camera is back online.
http://serrechevalier.livecam360.net/cucumelle
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
wish i was coming back again this year... enjoyed ser chev so much last year!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
More snow falling according to Twitter, and the live webcam is showing it too. I wish I could embed this livecam on the page, but it doesn't seem to work.

http://serrechevalier.livecam360.net/cucumelle
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hells Bells, that's right I tried to embed those webcams here before - as many resorts have them now. It does not work on this forum- even though they show some link for embeding next to Facebook/Twitter sign. Shame.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
tomb wrote:
wish i was coming back again this year... enjoyed ser chev so much last year!
Me too now. Such a great place but as I can only go for one week a year I make myself try out a different place each time. (Wouldnt have found Serre Cherre if not) But will definitely return someday.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hells Bells, he who shall remain nameless insisted I look at the webcam - so I have snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
MarjMJ, snowHead snowHead snowHead you coming out this winter at all? The Tourist office site is claiming 145cm at the top. Yes, I know, it's 6 weeks to opening day........... Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Heavy snow falling this evening, I shall be up early to check those webcams.
snow report
Webcams back online this morning http://serrechevalier.livecam360.net/cucumelle

snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
snowHead snowHead snowHead
Loving the little animal footprints in the snow. So sunny too.
Hells Bells, we're out for New Year for a kick off. We're having a few days in the 3V then heading down to Montier from the 29th. snowHead snowHead
When are you out then? I see you are doing UK Christmas. Sad
snow conditions
MarjMJ, not out until 5th January this time, so we'll probably miss you.
ski holidays
Ah - we might be heading home then. Our first winter driving trip. Got the snowchains last week and he who shall remain nameless has been practising putting them on [the car that is]. Laughing
ski holidays
MarjMJ, I thought you'd been reading 50 shades !! Laughing
ski holidays
Laughing
ski holidays
Looks fantastic, we are heading across for the 15th December, better get the skis waxed ASAP!!
snow conditions
pivoricardo, absolutely.
snow report
Thinking of buying a new pair of Roca skis, skied a fair bit of off piste with Gavin, Eureka Ski, last year, Julie got a pair and skied loads better than me!
snow conditions
Snow is apparently falling this morning, check out the Serre Ratier livecam, as the others show nothing but white.

http://288.livecam360.net/
snow report
pivoricardo, will have to meet up for a ski and a few beers.
snow conditions
And for some ideas of the village snow, check out the Ski NOrdique cameras. http://www.skinordique-tv.eu/webcams/26-serre-chevalier-la-salle-les-alpes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Eeeek been watching these all day. Excited. Coming out in Jan for 3 weeks.

I like watching this one too: http://serre-chevalier-spip.dev2.mezcalito.net/Webcam-Monetier-le-Bachas-en

Webpage is totally broken for me, but scroll down and you'll find them.

Also, does anybody know if there is any accomodation in Village De Frejus?
snow conditions
There's the Pi Mai www.lepimai.com though my understanding is the rest of the village is closed up.
snow conditions
clong, that webcam has been out of action for over a year, can you still see something because I can't.
latest report
Hells Bells, it does work as the anemometer is pointing in a different direction to yesterday, and the timestamp is also up to date.

Thanks for showing Le Pi Mai, looks amazing. We're staying in Chantemerle but it just looks like a boring walk to the lift station, I fancy at least 1 night of ski-in and out.

Are the villages skiable at all or are the roads all cleared? I was spoilt last year with ski-in/out!
latest report
clong, very nice!! Glad to see my home pistes back online, even if the Tourist office are telling me it is still not working as a result of last year;s storm.
latest report
http://serre-chevalier-spip.dev2.mezcalito.net/Webcam-Monetier-le-Bachas-en#
ski holidays
clong, you can ski down to all the villages as they are good at keeping the artificial snow topped up on the home runs. And from my experience of looking at the resort at this time of year, it has got good cover for the start of the season. You can certainly get down to Chantemerle for sure as they keep the Alphand topped up with artificial snow what with it being the big name black in the resort. Same for Villeneuve and Monetier. Usual caveats though of can get icy/slushy/pebbly if snow is thin.

Not sure what you mean about the roads being cleared. The main route through is kept open and the routes round the main hubs are usually passable after a dump. It is their business remember - if the punters can't get to the lifts, then they don't make money. If you are in Chantemerle I'd guess you'll be in staggering distance of the main lifts up to Ratier as it seems the most compact village though it is a long time since I have stayed there. Where are you staying?
latest report
MarjMJ, I was wondering if he thought he could ski around the village? clong, the main road will be cleared. There are shops and businesses at the bottom of the lifts in Chantemerle, and a village navette bus service. You won't be able to ski back to your accommodation unless it is right at the side of the piste. There is only a small number of places where that is possible, but most accommodation is only a short walk.
snow conditions
Monetier-les-Bains will be opening early for the weekend only on 8th and 9th December. Conditions look very good.
latest report
Quote:

I was wondering if he thought he could ski around the village?

we managed to do that last New Year in Le Bez snowHead snowHead Tina at the Maison du Bez had never seen it so bad in the village.

Officially getting excited. snowHead
snow report
MarjMJ, me too, shame we will miss you. And it's snowing hard again.
latest report
http://www.skinordique-tv.eu/webcams/26-serre-chevalier-la-salle-les-alpes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy