Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's winter... time for free stuff!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
True, true. To be honest, I'm more excited about who we might get in as the ski stunts people than anything else.. Wondering if we can get Ingrid Backstrom to ski into a swimming pool Very Happy
Ideally we'd also get some very attractive Swedish actors for Jon & co who would also happen to be amazing skiers... Obv we'd have to go scout all the locations together... Why didn't I set this book in Alaska??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
coxy84 wrote:
AlexT - I felt quite depressed getting the tube in to central London this morning and started to seriously think about doing a season before I reach 30 in a couple of years! I think it needs to be done. Any hints or tips on how/where to start would be most welcome!

Hey Chris,
I'm so glad you enjoyed the book, and that it has inspired you! Go forth and do it!! Of course it's not too late... My husband is about to do his first season this winter, aged 33.

As for specific advice, I'll open this to the floor. Ideas, anyone?

I'd start by looking at the various job descriptions on Natives, work out what you want to get from the season (ie. party more than ski, or vice versa. It's really hard to sustain high levels of both for 20 weeks!)

Then find a job that fits (cooking and repping are quite own-ski-time-friendly. Instructing, waiting tables during the day, nannying etc are more for people who only ski a bit). Instructing beginners is esp hard if you love the powder...

If you do something as your city job that you can do remotely with a broadband connection, even part time, make enquiries with work and see what they say.

Loads more advice to be had, insurance, accommodation, ways to make extra cash in resort, etc etc... but the first thing you need to do is to get thinking about when you're going to do it and commit. This step gets easier round about 10 December, when photos of snowy tree lines start appearing...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AlexT, just finished it, an enjoyable read, a bit too rom com for me, but a pleasant enough read. I assume your doing a follow on inc the Jon world tour inc Japan etc Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AlexT, You still have to get Martin Kemp cast as a chance to show off his comedy Austrian accent and have some Spandau ballet on the soundtrack - the property baron?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just finished this for the second time. I don't read a lot of fiction so tend to get easily lost!

Two sentences stuck out at me:
"Carol, on the other hand, hard the foresight to phone the hotels area manager...."
and
"'I love you too, too,' I whispered."

IIRC, there was another near the begining that started something like I'm am... but I didn't mark it and the Kindle's search is worse than Snowheads' so I can't find it again Wink

Oh, and Poppy needs to check which way rime grows before she relies on the info while off piste.

Besides those faux, I enjoyed the 'bouncy' read and could easily imagine many of the behind the scenes goings on. Poppy is so good at everything she turns her hand to that I'm sure a happy future is assured. On the other hand, Rachel is rather more enigmatic and probably worthy of more exploration.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy