Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's winter... time for free stuff!

Poster: A snowHead
Hello SnowHeads!

I hope everyone is as excited about the approaching winter as I am. This time last year, I was (very nervously) preparing for the book launch of War & Piste, the novel I wrote about ski season life. What a year it has been!

To celebrate one year, and particularly the incredible support and love I have been shown by the ski community, the Kindle edition of War & Piste will be free to download today and all weekend. If you haven't read it, I hope you enjoy. If you have, feel free to spread the word. And if you can find a cheeky way of giving it to someone for Christmas, you have my blessing Smile

Happy weekend! Happy winter! Happy birthday, War & Piste!
Go to: http://www.amazon.co.uk/War-Piste-ebook/dp/B005VUU0YU/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1350028669&sr=1-1&tag=amz07b-21

Thanks again for all the kindness, the immense solidarity, and of course all the glowing, scathing and hilarious feedback. You've made an author very happy.
See you in the snowy hills!
AT
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just downloading it now ; )

Will spread the word..

Thank you
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AlexT, thanks Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Got mine, THANKS Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AlexT, Many Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
AlexT,

Please forgive my ignorance.

Will it download onto a non kindle device eg. my laptop or Android Tablet?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AlexT, ta muchly!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
welshflyer, go get the kindle app for your tablet, it'll download through that.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Richard_Sideways,

Thanks.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
welshflyer wrote:
AlexT,

Please forgive my ignorance.

Will it download onto a non kindle device eg. my laptop or Android Tablet?

Sorry, I saw this after it had been replied to! Glad you got sorted and hope you enjoy the book!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I bought it last year and it was a really enjoyable read.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AlexT, thank you snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just noticed chrome has a kindle reader.... having a play.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Which doesn't seem to work with the UK store.... might play more later
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
AlexT, Very many thanks - look forward to it.
snow report
Thanks very much.
ski holidays
On its way to my Kindle now thanks very much!
latest report
^^ That, except it's my Ipad.

Very Happy
ski holidays
AlexT, Just read the reviews and have put it on my Amazon wish list (I order all items at once, keeps the postage down) Can't wait to read it first before giving it to my daughter. Good luck.
ski holidays
AlexT, that's very kind of you! I actually bought this a few weeks back but am saving it as a holiday read for my ski trip in Feb - very much looking forward to reading it and I'm glad to hear it's had a successful first year Smile
latest report
AlexT, because I must live vicariously through the mountain adventures of others I have already read your book. Most enjoyable it was too. I shall certainly recommend to others.
ski holidays
AlexT, Cheers Alex very much appreciated will either help or make things worse as have to wait to pull the trigger on a trip until very late January. Smile
ski holidays
AlexT, Thanks very much. Double thanks coz I didn't know I could read such books without actually buying a Kindle.
snow report
Done, thanks AlexT, looking forward to the read
latest report
Thanks, just done it to my PC, I love it when technology works Very Happy
snow conditions
AlexT, having finally remembered how to use the download facility on the tablet I am now War and Pisted - many thanks.
latest report
ALQ, and there was me thinking I was the only one on SH's that hadn't embraced new tech LOL - it was one of the first things I sorted out on my android tablet Toofy Grin
snow report
Ha ha, W&P has brought such wonderful new skills! I feel honoured! (Also, I didn't actually know until just now that you could read kindles without a kindle...good knowledge!)

I hope you all enjoy the book. Just prepare yourself for the opposite of War & Peace and you'll be fine... e.g. there are no Russians (amazingly, never had any Russian guests to draw on)
And there is no actual war.
And several other minor differences.. Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks
latest report
Thank you, I have it as a paperback but nice of you to think of us and it's not even xmas Very Happy
ski holidays
AlexT, is there a new book...?
latest report
Shimmy Alcott, there will be, but it will be a while yet before it's ready. I have been writing a thesis, which is in its final (horrible) write-up stage, so no time for fiction writing sadly. However, I will be working in St Anton this winter, so I'll be surrounded by inspiration!
I'm half-thinking of writing something more on Rachel or Gina, rather than Poppy. Mulling it over...
snow report
lilywhite wrote:
Thank you, I have it as a paperback but nice of you to think of us and it's not even xmas Very Happy

Ah in that case, thank YOU for the support! If you find yourself in Anton this winter, I'll sign it for you Smile
snow conditions
AlexT, thank you Very Happy
snow report
Just taking the opportunity to say thanks.........Not for making it available for free but for writing it. I bought the book last winter. Cracking stuff.Despite being an old giffer it has made me yearn to do a season..........A gentle season.
Daughter has just finished it and assures me that it is scarily real. Am a trifle worried as she will soon start her second season.
Great work Very Happy
latest report
AlexT, thanks, got a long flight tomorrow will make for a bit of light relief from what I am currently reading.
snow conditions
AlexT, thanks for that. Downloaded it last night. I am a writer myself and plan to go the kindle root. Any tips or ideas? I haven't found an agent unfortunately (or maybe fortunately!)
snow report
AlexT,

Thanks, tis now on my android Pad (with Kindle reader). Ain't technology great?!
latest report
Thanks a lot. Looking forward to it.
snow report
Thanks Alex, bought and read it last year - now downloaded it too!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy