Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Hawks liners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Whilst on a recent trip to the snow dome, the loop on the tounge on my wifes Hawks decided that it was time to part company. Not an essential part of the boot but something that will be an annoyance forever. Mrs Rocki loves her boots and doesn't want to change for something so minor and the reality is they have only had 6 weeks skiing, about 3-4 years old, Any one had a similar experience or know if atomic will supply replacement liners or is just shut up and get on with it.
Thanks Rocki
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rocki, is it possible to take them back to where you got them from?

I'd say after 6 weeks skiing you'd have a case to get a replacement. I have old Atomic boots that are about 7 years old and the liners, whilst completely packed out, are still solid from a build quality point of view.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rocki, As the boot is over 2 years old it is now out of warranty, on boots under this age we replace the liner, but as they are 3 years or more then I am afraid they are not covered. It is a non important area as you y and the best solution is probaly to neatly cut the material at both ends so it is not hanging loose. I have seen a few where shops have obviously done the damage in store, cut the straps off and then sold the boot ( not a particularly professional thing to do but I have seen it none the less)

I am guessing the loop is made of a leather looking type material rather than a webbing, if so then the boot is at least 4 seasons old possibly 5 as for the past 3 years all models have had webbing tongue loops and some have had them for z4 years

shoogly, If boot manufacturers replaced liners on boots out of warranty for things like this they would soon be out of business, the warranty is a period of time not an amount of use. In a 3 or 4 year period there are a number of things that coud have happened to the liners either in use or during work being done on the boot etc.. E most common cause of this is people pulling hard on the liner loop to pull the tongue out the way when putting the boot on or to pull the tongue up after they have put the boot on...the loop is there mostly for looks but to help with moving the tongue to the side to get the boot on, not hoist up on as this is what happens.

BTW I don't write the rules, I only have to try and let people know about them and get the flack when people do not agree with them
Little Angel
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy