Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Daily Mail Ski Show: News updates, comment, golden memories ...

Poster: A snowHead
Ian Hopkinson, I did, but they still couldn't get it together. Makes snowMedia registration seem so simple wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin, You're lucky , the s***** so-and-so wrote to me and told me that I was an unwanted registree after I (eventually) managed to subscribe ( subject to mangement approval) and that I would have to register somewhere else first so that they could check my credentials ... !!! Whilst an admirable decision you might think , quite ridiculous ---- makes ' The Daily Mail' look stupid as well , and others associated with its ski interests .

I think this site should be nominated for the World's worst and most mis-managed website , definitely most difficult to access !!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Foxy
Quote:
(which was vying for my favourite one along with the Alfa stand)

Now I wonder why that was wink I don't think it was the cars!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
RachelQ, why ever not?
Those sleek lines, the beautifully designed curves, I mean, I'd just love to slide in there, and push the button that makes the engine come to life...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Crossing the road is a lot cheaper than fast cars and racy women
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jillian, whose full title is Daily Mail Ski and Snowboard Magazine Administrater [sic] and Web site Manager - not to mention, Moderator - has put some nice pics of the show on this page:
http://dmss.proboards43.com/index.cgi?board=gendisc&action=display&thread=1129111174&page=2
There's a good overall view, including the big jump. You'll probably need to register to see that page, which is almost as simple as filling in a tax return.

From what one can gather Jillian didn't buy The Ambassador a beer on Saturday, so he went off to the Baileys stand to drown his sorrows in Irish cream.

Must admit, I'm a bit partial to it myself. Drambuie (rhymes with Hughie) sponsored the Ski Show some years ago, and I steered clear of their stand - undrinkable cough medicine.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Howdy, very strange to be new to a place and already see my name being mentioned hehe Madeye-Smiley

Really just wanted to touch base as Daily Mail Ski and Snowboard website manager type, having read the complaints - and all I can really add is that we are a new site, and we are trying things out that we hope in the long run will create a good place to be - we've never done this before, its under constant review - but before I read this thread I had heard very little negative feedback (or any feedback as such on this matter) about our signing in procedures, I was hoping to, which is why I always included my email address in the rejection notes - however, now I have found them.

I have taken all thats been said on board, even the sark Wink and I would ask that if anyone wants to add more then please do email me (webmaster@skiandsnowboardmag.com) - we haven't set up the new website to alienate ourselves from the ski and snowboard community, so feel free to drop me a line as right now we are still working to add more to the site and keep building on what we have right now.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jillian, welcome to snowHead snowheads snowHead and for sticking your head above the parapet. wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks! now for the next sermon... hehe
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jillian, welcome to snowHeads, just to clear things up however, snowHeads do not sark we do however prune Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jillian, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I do the (really minimal) looking after of new registrations on snowHeads. Basically as long as you have a valid e-mail address and don't appear to be 'automated' you can register. Some spam filters (and various events) stop our automatic registration e-mails getting through, in which case I send 'manual' note and if I get any response I activate them manually.

Does that count as a sermon? wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeah, thats how registrations work on the other message boards I manage... however DMSS is one where I need to answer to several 'heads' and so I need to tie the website to the messageboard - hence the duel registration process, the mandate was to ensure 'only' people who signed up to the website would have access to the messageboard (hence why there is no link to the MB on the main site, only in the members area). I hope in time to be able to host a specially built messageboard within the website so we only need 'one' registration - but the old 'budget' woes creeps into that one Wink hehe
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Welcome aboard snowHeads, Jillian.
I don't know whether you know this, but snowHeads mods go about their work on scooters with nice chrome trimmings (it's a retro thing).
What does the Daily Mail provide?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jillian, you have my sympathy - we just do stuff at random and see if it works out! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jillian's far too friendly to get the kind of grief that crops up around here. The Daily Mail Ski Magazine forum attracts quality people like Fox - soft, fluffy, big bushy tails, unopinionated.
latest report
David Goldsmith erm....

Ian Hopkinson, random is usually my middle name, but not whilst I'm at work unfortunately Wink
snow report
David Goldsmith, I can see the ad campaign now with those buzz words! Very Happy
snow conditions
David Goldsmith,
Quote:

I don't know whether you know this, but snowHeads mods go about their work on scooters with nice chrome trimmings (it's a retro thing).

That's only in London David, down here in the country we use a Blackhawk helicopter and an abseil harness Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Given the tone of some of the comments in this thread, I think Jillian made a beautiful typing error in her 14:42 post. I presume she meant "dual" (two... ) rather than "duel" (to fight).
snow report
Adrian, Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy