Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Daily Mail Ski Show: News updates, comment, golden memories ...

Poster: A snowHead
This thread's been updated periodically, to reflect developments. Scroll down for brrrr..eaking news ... and comment
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tickets for the opening day of the show - next Wednesday 12 October - are available on a 'buy one get one free' basis (£10 for 2 tickets). Ring this number - 08705 90 00 90 - and quote "This is London 1".

For £2.50 off tickets on the Thursday and Friday phone the same number and quote "This is London 2".

Details of the show on the official website: click here

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 26-10-05 17:31; edited 7 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is the lack of chat on this thread indicative of the fact that:

a. it's an incredibly boring subject? .... or
b. everyone's rushed off to buy tickets? .... or
c. no one's going to the show? .... or
d. everyone wants to pay full price? .... or
e. someone's slipped you a free ticket? .... or

Seriously, what is the percentage chance of your visiting the Daily Mail Ski Show next week? (I'd put mine at 50%)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith, About 75 % chance but no idea when ... not disinterested , only just saw it Embarassed
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would say not much more than a 25% chance of me attending. I won't go on the weekend (too expensive for what's there, and it's too busy to look around) so the only way I will go is if I find that I have a free afternoon during the week and I feel like a trip to Olympia.

If it were free to get in I would say that my chances of going would increase to 50%. I can't really justify paying to visit a number of retail outlets, especially when there are too many other visitors around to be able to speak to the exhibitors in any detail about their goods/services.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We normally say we're not - but then the temptation to go and do something ski-related is too much and at the last minute we go. And then say we're not wasting our money on that again. Would be at the weekend though, not after work.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith, I've already bought my ticket. I went through Natives and got a £2 discount. You posted too late.

I'm going on Friday late afternoon/evening, but partly as an excuse to meet up with 4 girlfriends!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
You posted too late.

Did my best, Rachel. Predicting the rate at which the annual 'Dutch auction' of Daily Mail Ski Show tickets will take place is not an exact science.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith, option (f) for me - I didn't see the thread Very Happy

I'm close to 100% for next Saturday. Same as Cathy - we normally give into temptation just to get a taste of skiing. I have very low expectations of the show, so I normally enjoy it.

A complete waste of money but what the heck!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The time I went, it felt like paying the best part of a tenner to go to a Snow and Rock superstore
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You obviously didn't spend enough time in the bar.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was thinking of going as I need to kit out a couple of the kids, but the cost of entry for the three (or 5 of us) will probably wipe out any cost savings from buying locally, so now shan't bother.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ray Zorro, go to TX Maxx. I bought my son an excellent ski jacket for under £50 from them. They're just beginning to get ski stuff in at the moment.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This is a real hoot, if you're quick-witted and pedantic: click on the Daily Mail Ski Show's official website ...

... www.dailymailskishow.co.uk ...

... and observe the dramatic 'countdown clock' that flashes across the screen. At the time of posting this said that the show opens in "1 day 11hrs 45min" and even quotes the number of seconds.
This means the show officially opens at the crack of midnight Tuesday/Wednesday. I think not!
Presumably this also means that at midnight the clock then says that the show has opened? We shall see.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 10-10-05 12:20; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
1 day 9 hours and didn't catch the rest. But that's still in the middle of the night.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just edited my post above, because I then misquoted the clock!
ski holidays
Tut tut - lack of attention to detail wink
latest report
I'll be going but that is because I haven't been for ages, I need a few things, and it is a chance to shop under the same roof.

I fully expect to have to hi-tail it down to Convent Garden and Ken High St etc into their climbing sections to get what I want.

I don't get upto town much and I seem to have been lost to the EB and S&R brochure lists so this is a whirl-wind do it all for me.

I need an inner jacket, trousers, if I see what I want, and a new supply of socks and my stops will be S&R, EB and Blacks all of which will be there, I hope.
latest report
kuwait_ian wrote:

I think the clock may be running off your computer time! (it is currently saying 1 day 11hrs... on my PC)

Well, I've just raised it as a topic on the DMSS forum.
ski holidays
See you there at the bewitching hour, Hat, with the glass ski boot.
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
kuwait_ian wrote:

Well, I've just raised it as a topic on the DMSS forum.

They still won't let me register for DMSS forum Sad
snow report
boredsurfin, try:
http://dmss.proboards43.com/index.cgi

then register there.
latest report
I tried to get back into the Daily Mail forum today, having finally registered successfully, but was rejected at the log-in.
snow conditions
I haven't had any problems with the DM forum. WTFH - are you after the ambassador's position there too? There are quite a few familiar faces snowHead
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, the login for it is seperate to the login for the other bit of the daily mail website, so, you need to register a second time.
latest report
RachelQ, yeah, and I'm pleased to see they aren't overrun with a race to get the news out there either Wink
latest report
Yes, it's altogether a far more relaxed affair. More snooze than nooze at the moment, but it's nice to know where you can go for a quiet afternoon kip.

I'm worried that the moderator - Jillian - is heading for a nervous breakdown with the amount of work on her plate.
snow report
David Goldsmith, she was on there the other night at about 1.30am...
It's hard being a moderator, I guess.
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
boredsurfin, try:
http://dmss.proboards43.com/index.cgi

then register there.

Nope still not authorised Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
David Goldsmith, she was on there the other night at about 1.30am...
It's hard being a moderator, I guess.

Ah yes, the night shift on the Daily Mail Ski Magazine forum - dealing with all kinds of weirdoes.
ski holidays
Quote:

Ah yes, the night shift on the Daily Mail Ski Magazine forum - dealing with all kinds of weirdoes.

That must why I can't get in! Very Happy
latest report
Well, according to the famous Daily Mail Clock it's now less than 14 hours to the show opening ... except that it's actually more than 24 hours ... or maybe slightly less? (see below for added confusion).

Anyway, don't go to Olympia at midnight tonight. All you'll find are a few drunken apres-skiers wandering around the area and maybe a road-sweeper. The show opens at 12 noon Wednesday - or does it?

Natives.co.uk says it opens at 12 noon. The Ski Club of GB site says the show opens at 10am. The Dail Mail Ski Show site doesn't seem to give the opening times at all - the "Opening Times" section of the site, under "Vistor Info" doesn't seem to work.
ski holidays
An ifyouski.com news item says the show opens at 12 noon on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. 10am on Saturday and Sunday. Their parent company lastminute.com is the show's sponsor, so I guess that's accurate.

If you want to meet one of the all-time greats of ski racing, Marc Girardelli is going to be on the Bansko (Bulgaria) stand, according to this news page on the Racer Ready site. We ran a news item recently about him developing a major sports centre in Bansko, so he'll no doubt like to talk about that.
snow report
In a story headed "Ski Fashion Police" the Natives website describes as "decidedly dodgy" a release put out by the Show: click here.

The survey includes the late Princess of Wales alongside those lucky enough to be live and skiing. The 'winners and losers' are tagged as "Queens, monsters, men from Milk Tray and criminals" ...

... errr?
ski holidays
Just to let people know that 2 for 1 tickets are available for other days, i've just paid for some for friday. i asked if the offer was open and said i'd seen it in theDMski mag , no problem.
snow conditions
The Sun is reporting that "cheeky businessman" James Williams will be at the show "marketing a selection of samples of air from different ski resorts around the world." He says he is giving buyers "a unique memory of past skiing holidays."

Click here for the story.
snow report
Well it's 4 minutes to midnight and the Show "Kicks off in 4 minutes" according to the Daily Mail clock (see above). I'm checking back in 4 minutes to see what happens.
snow conditions
This is what happened at midnight. The clock's countdown ceased, and was replaced with the following:

"THE SHOW IS NOW LAUNCHED...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?"

Well, I guess I'm waiting for the show to launch, since you ask.
What didn't happen at midnight - which was a big disappointment - was the Editor of the Daily Mail singing Auld Lang Syne over the internet (or 'Old Lange Sign' if we're keeping it ski-relevant)
snow report
David Goldsmith wrote:
What didn't happen at midnight - which was a big disappointment - was the Editor of the Daily Mail singing Auld Lang Syne over the internet (or 'Old Lange Sign' if we're keeping it ski-relevant)

Yes it did! Henry is phoning round everyone, individually.

Shame his singing hasn;t improved over the years...
snow conditions
Anyone disappointed at not getting in at midnight can bag a free ticket if you're quick

Cool
snow report
David Goldsmith, Incidentally, just discovered that your codes work for online booking as well - do put the spaces in and type excatly as David has written ... 75p admin charge ..
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy