Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel//Les Gets/Morzine 2012/2013

Poster: A snowHead
Well now I've had a poke around etc I can say the ground is now frozen, I increasingly harder frosts over the last few nights. Snow in a week?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Daleskier, any chance you could find out (while you're waiting) if the Ranfolly lift in Les Gets will be operational this season? Pretty please Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marmotte16 wrote:
Daleskier, any chance you could find out (while you're waiting) if the Ranfolly lift in Les Gets will be operational this season? Pretty please Very Happy

Think the general consensus with colleauges is that it will have been fixed, if I hear anything to suggest otherwise I'll let you know!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Daleskier, thanks, New Year has been getting silly busy and would have big impact on the bowl. And I quite like the run too....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
According to the webcam it looks like they have now replaced the 'Swiss Poma' (Cubore) at the top of Linderet valley that they took out last season, and it my may be my imagination, but have they also straightened it out at the bottom?

http://portesdusoleil.livecam360.com/
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
FreeBeer, Yes, I spotted that (and there was a sign last season saying it would be reinstated for the start of this season). Can't really say if it has been straightened as we never used it!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DJL wrote:
FreeBeer, Yes, I spotted that (and there was a sign last season saying it would be reinstated for the start of this season). Can't really say if it has been straightened as we never used it!

I wouldn't bother either, the powder either side is rubbish. Best avoided.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Totally rubbish. I won't be skiing there at all.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I won't be skiing there at all

Me neither. In fact I make a point of avoiding that whole area Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Excellent news.. will be just me and my sledge this season then, and no strange looks to worry about..
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anyone out in avoriaz now can give a heads up what's temps are like,any sign of snowfall or cannons being switched on,15th Dec is getting close
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tman80, I am not out there but temps appear to be falling a dump due this week Smile

Fingers crossed
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Still raining in morzine, it was still 7* driving up from Thonon this eve.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fingers crossed indeed sunshine81,roll on the 15th for the first sliding of the season,daleskier keep us posted on any changes please....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sleeting this morning.......
latest report
Excellent news,cheers
ski holidays
Just had a look on the avoriaz webcam and snow is def starting to stay on the ground,
latest report
More than sleeting in Les Gets wink Very Happy
ski holidays
Avoriaz looking tasty. Looks like around 5cm or so on the roofs at present. Morclan webcam is snowy. It has started!

snowHead
latest report
Snow line roughly 1400m and getting colder as evening draws on.........
latest report
If anything it looks a touch lower than that on the Chatel side (based on the webcams). I'm out this weekend so will post on-the-spot updates. Not sure I will get any skiing in but fingers crossed.
snow report
Daleskier do you think they will put the cannons on or is it still too far from opening weekend yet,temps being low enough ofcourse
ski holidays
Odd big snowflakes have fallen during the day mixed with rain over here. About 5 we had a bigger flurry which settled on the cars and road. Stopped now but more due in the next 48 hours, looks about 10cm in Les Crosets from pictures.
snow conditions
FlyingStantoni, no clocking up miles aint my thing, im interested in the off piste you mentioned though, tell me more? and how much of an effort we talking?
snow conditions
One more question, I'll have wheels out there so what's the parking situation like when i want to drive up to morzine or avoriaz? Or am I better to catch the bus?
latest report
Huckacliff duckabranch, You probably don't want to drive to Avoriaz itself.

Driving to Ardent or Prodains is much more sensible, parking pretty easy.

For Morzine, there are two underground parks now, should be able to find a space, Pleney one is right under the lifts.
snow conditions
Huckacliff duckabranch wrote:
FlyingStantoni, no clocking up miles aint my thing, im interested in the off piste you mentioned though, tell me more? and how much of an effort we talking?

It very much depends on how much attention you pay and how much of an effort you want to make(!)

If you follow the circuit around then there are some absolutely obvious 30 minute skins that will give you freshies days and days after everything else is tracked out - skin up from the piste and ski back to piste stuff.

If you're feeling energetic then you can skin up the Roc d'Enfer.

Alternatively, there are places that you "just head off and hope for the best". For example, if you take the gondola up; then the drag; head across the top to the chair - on that path you can hang a left and ski off-piste all the way down to Grande Terche. If you can find the way. (The wrong way lies misery and lots of hiking / skinning out.)

As I say, buy a (proper) map. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I have been woken by the sound of snow ploughs in the village...yippee ! It's snowed here all night and still snowing. About 10-15cm I reckon, although I am tucked up in bed and tricky to see in the dark this morning. Looking good and maybe a run or two may open this weekend
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Excellent news,two weeks on Saturday til I'm there,get in
ski holidays
Looking good if it stays and keeps on coming Very Happy

Roll on Jan.
ski holidays
Still snowing like crazy and about 20cm today plus,
More due tomorrow then a big temp drop for the weekend with more forecast next week
latest report
summer, sounds good to me. Hope you get skiing this weekend
ski holidays
Hey summer or anyone else who is in resort,since its been snowing and it looks like continuing doing so well into next week do you think there is any chance they will open morzine/les gets on the 15th the same day avoriaz opens for the season
ski holidays
tman80,
It's not really down to the amount of snow, it's down to the staff contracts. I'd be surprised if Morzine opens before Dec 22. Les Gets in the past has opened earlier than that. I'm sure the various resort websites will tell all.
snow report
My plans have changed a bit as the kitchen is now being fitted w/c 10 December so I won't be out this weekend. I'll be out from Thursday 6th for a bit of decorating and then hopefully a ski over the weekend before heading home Monday 10th.

Originally the Chatel website was suggesting weekend opening at Pre La Joux on 1/2 December and 8/9 December before progressive opening from 15 December (including link to Avoriaz) and full opening (Super Chatel etc) from 22 December. The mention of 1/2 December has now been dropped but otherwise as above.

I also see that Avoriaz is planning to open for 8/9 December. Does anyone with previous early season experience think the link Avoriaz-Chatel will be running 8/9 December? It only needs the Chaux Fleurie chair to work and we are in business.

If it is not running I will be faced with choosing a day in Chatel or a day in Avoriaz (with an hours drive each way). If I decide on Avoriaz will I be likely to get access from Montriond?

Obviously this is weather dependent (and dependent on me being a good boy and finishing the painting quicky so Mrs DJL stamps my ticket!) but recent snowfall suggests it might just come off. Very Happy
snow conditions
They will often open the Chaux Fleurie chair from Linderets but not from the other side.
snow report
Ps. Yes, they normally open the Ardent bubble early, but you better check.
snow conditions
Ok, so I've not been to the apartment for 8 weeks and find that we no longer have a rubbish collection three times a week.

Does anyone know where the heck I take my rubbish...??????

WTF???
latest report
tman80 wrote:
Hey summer or anyone else who is in resort,since its been snowing and it looks like continuing doing so well into next week do you think there is any chance they will open morzine/les gets on the 15th the same day avoriaz opens for the season

Hi there were mutterings on Thursday this week about opening a couple of lifts this side this weekend 1st. However I spoke to a liftie yesterday and they are expecting more snow after this weekends cold spell. So felt that they could get a better base and work with the snow next week for ano opening here on the 8th. With Planachaux cable car, Planachaux chair and Crosets 8 man being open and possibly Mossettes Swiss side. These will then stay open assuming the snow hangs around for the season! I will try and post as soon as I hear more wink
snow conditions
In 1988 avoriaz fully opened in Dec 15
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy