Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel//Les Gets/Morzine 2012/2013

Poster: A snowHead
under a new name, and Morzine hardly opened at all.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
FlyingStantoni, we have never had a rubbish collection from the chalet.... but we do have bins within sight and this year they have changed to those round efforts which hopefully will mean that they hold more and so hopefully might mean that they are not arriving with lots of noise and clanking around to empty them just after 6 a.m. Mrs Grumpy does not like that - and particularly when we saw one of the mountain restaurants coming down in the latter half of last season and dumping their rubbish every day!

Everything else ok though after 8 weeks? We arrive late next Friday night so if it has continued snowing - and of course we hope it has - then it will be good if the snow plough bod has started clearing our drive.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have posted this elsewhere but the PdS wise-ones seem to all be on this thread, so apologies for a non-snow (or indeed refuse collection) question, but I've bought some area passes for PdS online. I bought them on (I think - it was a few weeks ago) the SERMA site and that says (I've now spotted) "first use compulsory in Avoriaz", which I assume is an activation thing. We're staying in Essert Romand and will almost certainly go up Super Morzine on day 1 to play about on Zore and Tetras etc (or if not we'll go up from Ardent) - I assume that as SM and Ardent are on the Avoriaz ticket then they counts as Avoriaz lifts?

Thanks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some info on possible opening this weekend (8th) http://mymorzine.com/index.php/early-lift-openings-in-morzine-les-gets-avoriaz/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andy from embsay, Super Morzine is Avoriaz snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Got this email from ski famille-
// The past 48 hours have seen serious snow falling across the Alps; lovely to see at the tail end of November. The picture above is from a Les Gets webcam this afternoon; a gap in the clouds reveals a superb base building up.

The forecast looks even more fabulous though, Les Gets could see as much as 75cms of new snow by the end of Wednesday //

Sounds good. Can't wait. Fly on 30 dec for 1 week in les gets.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FlyingStantoni wrote:
andy from embsay, Super Morzine is Avoriaz snowHead

Thanks - I thought it was but just had a horrible thought you might have to start from the village for some bizarre (French) reason.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm in resort at the moment and can confirm that there's nice layer of snow down into Morzine (and probably all the way down to Taninges). Nice and cold too (although not as cold as forecast).

I've spent the day doing a first aid course in a chalet overlooking Les Gets and the snowmakers are running.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looking good snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rain last night wasn't too welcome, horrible slushy Mess around town this morning. Lots of nice big flakes falling now though!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DJL wrote:

Originally the Chatel website was suggesting weekend opening at Pre La Joux on 1/2 December and 8/9 December before progressive opening from 15 December (including link to Avoriaz) and full opening (Super Chatel etc) from 22 December. The mention of 1/2 December has now been dropped but otherwise as above.

D

I can't answer your question about the Avoriaz link, but I was in Chatel yesterday and the electronic signs in the village stated that the lifts would be open on the 8th. I don't know whether they'll stay open for Monday 10th or whether it's weekend-only until the 15th.

I left Chatel yesterday late afternoon in a massive snowstorm - the village was completely white. I think this morning it has turned to rain, but it's expected to turn back to snow over the course of today.

In summary, DJL, you're unlikely to get much painting done this weekend.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Web site says

- Le week-end du 8 & 9 décembre 2012, secteur Pré-la-Joux

You lucky beggars

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snoozeboy wrote:

In summary, DJL, you're unlikely to get much painting done this weekend.

Going green Going green
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great when a plan comes together (though the kitchen should have been finished this weekend not just getting started).

I suppose I can always do the painting at Christmas! snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DJL, by christmas you mean summer. Terrible light for painting in the winter anyway Very Happy
snow report
I think of seasons in two halves. Before, and after, the 4 week French school hols. The first half was epic, from my point of view, last year. Loads of snow and also loads of sunshine. We went home early February and it seems we didn't miss a lot, after that. But from about 20 December through to about 8 February (and yes, I was there that whole time) I thought it was terrific. But I ski mostly on piste. The lack of fresh snowfalls throughout the time was probably more annoying for off piste skiers. But if you liked superb piste conditions and sunshine, it was triffic.
ski holidays
Sunshine81, I dunno, all that white light from outside, DJL, woiuldn't miss any drips Very Happy
ski holidays
I forgot what thread I was in - dopey old git .... I wasn't in the PDS, but Espace Diamant in same bit of geography, really. I do hope the last month is better this coming season. Fresh snow, sunshine, warm terraces, cold beers.....
latest report
Sunshine81, marmotte16, I like the thinking! We're now packed (paint, tiles, fridge and yes even the kitchen sink) and ready to go. I'm in the office tomorrow and on Le Shuttle at 19.50. Stopover in Reims and an early start and we can be Chatel by early afternoon. Apply masking tape Thursday night and paint on Friday. Two days skiing and drive home on Monday. Mrs DJL staying out to supervise the kitchen fitting then flying home on Sunday 16th.

pam w, I like the sound of that - Fresh snow, sunshine, warm terraces, cold beers - can you arrange that for this weekend (preferably in the PDS!)?

Anyone fancy a ski over the weekend?
snow report
Les Gets 4th December
Fairly rubbish phone pic but you get the idea - looking good here in Les Gets & forecast for next few days promises more snow to come.
ski holidays
Just ventured out side and 50 + cm has fallen since last night in the village!!! Snowing all the way down to the Montreux/Lausanne. More due and definite opening here on 8th with gradually more lifts on this side opening until weekend of 22nd when whole chebang opens. Lots of blasting up top too so working hard to make it all nice and safe. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Hey summer,just had a loon on the avoriaz webcam and seen how much snow has fallen,good greef that looks like a massive dump,I have been looking on forecasts and it has been saying that it is minus 20 in resort,is this the case,think I'll pack the thermals because blimey that's cold
snow conditions
Goat village Toofy Grin

snow conditions
Not that cold here by any stretch. About -5 this morning and still snowing like crazy. Word from top from friends who have just skied from top down and down the village high street is awesome depth....Metre plus so all very very positive.
snow conditions
Please please please snow in les gets. One week per year. It costs a small fortune. Please weather be kind.
ski holidays
Mike H, notwithstanding a massive thaw, I think you should be OK Toofy Grin :

http://www.lesgets.com/outils/meteo-bulletin-neige.html
snow report
Quote:

Snowing all the way down to the Montreux/Lausanne

then the next thing will be closing Geneva airport; it can't cope with much snow.
latest report
Mike-H,

Les Gate apparently didn't pay their snow god dues this year, so although every other resort in the northern Alps has a good couple of metres at resort level, the Les Gets slopes are entirely green.

You pays (or not) your money, you takes your choice.

Maybe they'll pay up next year.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mike-H, is this enough snow for you:
Webcam Les Gets Village http://www.webcam-hd.com/lesgets.php
Very Happy snowHead Very Happy
Hoping it lasts through till early Jan when we are heading there too....
snow report
For people going to les gets I toured around there on Sunday before the most recent snow arrived and it was quite evident that they've been making snow by the bucketload, massive 'whales' of snow everywhere
Can't wait for the early lift openings this weekend, anyone who has booked a pre Xmas week here has hit the jackpot this season!!!
latest report
Mike-H, whatever snow there is in Les Gets (and there is), rest assured that it will be a lot more than in Morzine Toofy Grin
snow conditions
And it's knee deep in Morzine..........
snow conditions
I've some friends arriving in Morzine on Friday (14th) morning.

We'll there be any lifts open on Friday? Even within driving distance?
ski holidays
At least 45cm in my drive yesterday.another 30 last night and still dumping.

Pablojim, Avoriaz will be open, it opens this weekend. Maybe some of Les Gets too.
ski holidays
Thanks zzz, but From the serma website it seems avoriaz will only be open this weekend and then close again until the 15th.

www.skipass-avoriaz.com

Is this correct? Will anywhere be open during the week?
latest report
pablojim, Grands Montets will be open, an hour away...

Flaine opens on the 15th.

Call em old fashioned, but isn't it worth checking that a resort will actually be open for skiing before making a booking?
latest report
@Pam, you forgot to say it was bloody cold though end of Jan early Feb!!!!
latest report
Les Gets Snow
This pic was taken this morning in the centre of Les Gets. The roof of the Discovery was 100% clear late Tuesday evening.

Official resort reports are 80cms in the village, 100cms at mid station and 120cms at the top. Conditions really are exceptional for this time of year. Great to see but very slow getting anywhere if you are on the ground at the mo!

Looks like the biggest snow falls may be behind us but set to get a lot colder http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Les-Gets/6day/mid .
latest report
I've just arrived in Chatel. Pretty smooth journey and autoroutes quiet all the way to Besancon with snow on the ground in the Troyes-Langres area. Snow started to appear above 400m on the way to Pontarlier and then pretty well constant all the way to Chatel.

Journey over the Pas de Morgins was sketchy even with snow tyres. Lost traction a few times on ice I think. -11C in Morgins village.

Chatel is absolutely plastered. 3m piles in places where it has ben ploughed and at least 60cm of fresh snow.

Painting tomorrow, slopes Saturday!
snow conditions
No new snow overnight in Chatel but it is now very cloudy and has just started with a very light fall.

Looks like it's starting up for the day.

Right out with the paint and brushes! Can't be wasting my day on here like I do at work!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy