Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2012 / 2013

Poster: A snowHead
Out on Thursday. Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here is a copy of the details for next season that I have just received from Les Arcs to help you get discounted lift passes.

The 2013-2014 winter season is an opportunity to celebrate 10 years of Paradiski!

For the occasion, we are pleased to offer a 10% discount on all ski passes purchased online until October 31, 2013 (excluding Family Pack and Pack Tribe)!

By ordering now, you can make the payment in 3 installments exclusively on our online store until 30 November 2013!

To enjoy these benefits, simply log onto our online store by clicking one of the links below, you can also copy them directly into your Internet browser:

For Les Arcs http://lesarcs.paradiski.com
Peisey-Vallandry http://peisey-vallandry. paradiski.com

For questions or information, contact us by phone at 04 79 04 25 03 or by email at support@nirvanalps.com

See you on the slopes! The ski resort of Les Arcs / Peisey-Vallandry
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just posted some photos of the work that has been completed on the pistes down to Villaroger this summer over on the Les Arcs Summer page in the Summer 2013 Album together with more photos of some of the activities we have been doing. Should be interesting getting down to Villaroger next season.

https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsSummer
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi folks.

All the best photos from this summer are now posted and the lifts in Les Arcs are closed once more. Here are a few that I like.

Take a look in the Summer 2013 Album of my Les Arcs Summer page if you are interested in seeing what else we have been doing.

https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsSummer

It has been a really fun time meeting old friends and making new ones this summer. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves as much as I did.

I even managed to get two goes at Canyoning this summer. The first time I did not have a camera so just had to go back and do it again this weekend. Really fun and something everyone should try. It really is not that cold with a full wetsuit on.

Also managed another day mountain biking in La Plagne. The new chair to replace the Bauches chair is well underway and the Remontees Mecaniques office in La Plagne has confirmed that they hope to have the two black runs from the top of the Traverse Chair open again this winter as 'Piste Natures'. I also spoke with a pisteur in La Plagne and he said it is likely to be the same situation as the Derochoir piste nature. It is only likely to be open when weather conditions (snow quality/safety) permit. Not sure of the implications of that for skiing off piste in the Bellecote Bowl regarding insurance, might be interesting!

Over in Les Arcs the new restaurants above Arc 1800 and Arc 1600 are well on their way, but I am not sure if they will be open in time for the coming season. Shall have to wait and see. The piste work going on above Villaroger seems to be almost finished and the lifts around the resort were being tested over the last few days to be ready for the coming season.

The Winter Season begins on the 14 December in Les Arcs and La Plagne. The Vanoise Express opens on the 21/22 December.

If I hear any other news worth sharing between now and the start of the season I will post again.

Until next winter hope you all have a good autumn. Have fun and stay safe!!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 2-09-13 14:14; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowcrazy, where did you go canyoning? We did the Pussy Canyon (no sniggering in the back please) a few years ago but when I tried to book it last year I was told it was closed - shame because it was really good.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
johnE, the place we went was on the way to Annecy. There are two canyons you can do there. My friend is a guide and he took me both times. PM me if you want his contact. Not an activity I would do without a guide. The second canyon had some big jumps and I was pleased he new which ones were safe to do. It was really scary fun. Toofy Grin

UPDATE!

Lift passes for next season are on sale now. They can be bought online at the following link.

http://lesarcs.paradiski.com/

You need to choose the option you want from the page that comes up. I have been told the page is already active. Discounts apply until 30 . 11. 2013

Happy shopping!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm thinking about spending next winter in les arcs / paradiski, so I'm looking into lift pass prices.

Do those discounts apply to season passes? is there a best time to buy one?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ArseCaptain wrote:
I'm thinking about spending next winter in les arcs / paradiski, so I'm looking into lift pass prices.

Do those discounts apply to season passes? is there a best time to buy one?

On Snowcrazy's link above a 20% discount if bought before 30/11/13 making the season pass (Paradiski) 749 Euro rather than 999 for the rack rate. Photo probably required, to reduce pass swappage. If you're not working then deffo go Paradiski unlimited rather than just les arcs. If working then most workers will only get a les arcs pass...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bertie bassett, when I worked there last year, the season workers pass was only available as a Paradiski version, not as separate Les Arcs/La Plagne passes. Realise it could be different this year...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks for the info, I've sorted out accommodation in Peisey, so the winter in Les Arcs is on!

The website says that the passes can be collected 4 days before the start date. We're planning to be out there from the beginning of December and hoped we could use some of the free days at Tignes before the lifts open. Has anyone had their season passes delivered to a UK address, and if so when roughly did they arrive?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For Les Arcs fans an interesting blog site I have come across, haven't seen it linked here before. Apologies if it has

http://simon-lesarcs.blogspot.co.uk/
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ArseCaptain, yes you can get the pass sent to your UK address. Hope to see you during the season. Send me a PM here or over on my facebook page if you fancy meeting up.

I will be posting more updates as I get them from the resort here and on my facebook page.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowcrazy, would be good to meet up at some point, looks like you know the area better than I do!

This seems to be a new video:

http://youtube.com/v/CsYhKXsoIfw
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Following Snowcrazy's helpful link for passes, I've just paid for next season. As I have a ski card already, which has on it ' rechargez-moi sur internet avec le numero' etc. I entered that number on my order and all was fine. It previously warned me that should I need to use the recharge system I couldn't until next day when the info would have been updated. All great - except I've never re-charged before. Last year was my first time and they sent the passes out by post together with the Carte Neige insurance cards. Now - I've searched & searched - both Les Arcs site and generally using Google on how to actually recharge a card. Infuriatingly in lots of places it advocates using the online recharge system - but HOW?>?? Nowhere can I find out what to do. I'm sure I've missed something. I'm sure it's obvious. I'm sure people will call me all sorts of names - can anyone pleeease advise? Thanks & apologies for ranting on in frustration. Puzzled
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kapt, A couple of years ago, I recharged our season passes on line - just filled in the numbers for recharging on the online form on the website. Then last year, I did exactly the same, and they sent new passes through the post Puzzled I haven't done it yet for this season, but I'm sure if you've paid, the card will be along soon. It actually works a bit better to receive it in the post, as the Carte Neige card comes too, as opposed to having to take all your bits of paper along to the resort office and be handed it, when recharging online. Maybe it only works to recharge online if you don't get Carte Neige Puzzled Who knows Confused
snow report
Quote:

Maybe it only works to recharge online if you don't get Carte Neige Who knows

Hi Genepi - thanks for advice. Yes I get feeling it can be a bit of a lottery. I think it's the recharging bit that worried me - seemed like you had to 'do something' with the card to get it re charged. Thinking about it though - you can't actually 'alter/update' the card (without inserting it in some sort of read/write device) so I guess 'recharge' means just that once you've paid, their system will recognize that your card is up-to-date & paid up.
ski holidays
Hi - IMHO I think "recharge" might be a bit of a misnomer. More likely is that their system recognises that your card ID is valid between 2 dates etc. We have cards from last year which we will need to recharge for next season but I haven't got as far as that yet as we're not going until April
snow report
mikeh,
Hi - yes - must admit I'm using the early purchase as a means to force myself to get fit! Can't afford to back out now!!! I know that shouldn't be necessary but as each year creeps (races) by it gets a bit harder.
No jokes please folks. Embarassed
latest report
I know I should start the 2014 thread with this one ( maybe I'll copy it over), but it is the 10th anniversary this winter of both Paradiski and Arc1950. To celebrate the former, here's a press release from the Paradiski boys:

A Winter Anniversary, PARADISKI Celebrates 10 years

Ten years ago, on the 20th December 2003, skiers embarked for the first time on the Vanoise Express
(the world’s biggest cable car) to discover the 425km of pistes in the PARADISKI ski domain, linking the
resorts of Les Arcs/Peisey-Vallandry and La Plagne [Savoie-France]. The second biggest ski domain
in the world, PARADISKI is part of a group of very large interconnected domains.

To celebrate this anniversary, PARADISKI has asked the haute-couture designer, Jean-Charles DeCastelbajac,
to decorate its Vanoise Express cable car. The world-renowned artist and innovator will cover the two
double-decker Vanoise Express cable cars in a unique creation which will feature throughout winter
2013/2014.

This year PARADISKI is creating an event on the 16th December 2013 featuring PARADISKI GRAVITY.
This will mark a world first in «highline» (high altitude slack line). The slack line will be strung between
two cable cars 380m high. Two of the world’s best ‘high liners’, Julien Millot and Tancrede Melet will
negotiate their way along the rope, which will be suspended over the valley between the two cable
cars of the Vanoise Express, defying gravity against an awesome backdrop!

The key word here being 'drop'.
snow report
I do not think they will be defying gravity. I suspect they will be actually standing on the slack line not hovering above it. Or will they be using jet packs?
snow report
I know its only September and it'll most likely be washed away next time it rains but that looks like snow to me on the Arcabulle web cam...
snow report
The Autumn is officially arriving this weekend plus there has been a very light dusting of snow high on the mountains of Les Arcs and the Paradiski area over the past few days so it must be time to kick off the new season page. Please go to Les Arcs 2013 / 2014 for all new posts. Thanks and here's to hoping for a great season!

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=102352
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy